It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universe as a hologram ... REALLY!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This seems to be more of a theory based on sound science. So, it is hard to prove or even disprove for that matter. Here are some of the basics that I have found

J. J. Thomson received the Nobel Prize for proving that electrons are particles. His son was also awarded the Nobel Prize for proving that electrons were waves. It seems that both were and are actually correct. The evidence for the wave/particle duality has become overwhelming. This is common to all subatomic particles - called quanta, they can manifest themself either as particles or waves. Even more interesting is that the only time quanta ever manifest as particles are when we are looking at them.

The Danish physicist Niels Bohr pointed out that if subatomic particles only come into existence in the presence of an observer, then it is meaningless to speak of a particle's properties and characteristics as existing before they are observed.

Subatomic processes result in the creation of a pair of particles with identical or closely related properties even when traveling in opposite directions. Such strange behavior would imply that they would have to be interconnected in some way so as to be instantaneously in communication with each other. The problem, according to Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity, is that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. The instantaneous communication implied by the view of quantum physics would be tantamount to breaking the time barrier and would open the door to all kinds of unacceptable paradoxes. Einstein and his colleagues were convinced that no "reasonable definition" of reality would permit such faster-than-light interconnections to exist and therefore Bohr had to be wrong. Their argument is now known as the Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen paradox, or EPR paradox for short. Bohr contended that rather than believing that some kind of faster-than-light communication was taking place and if subatomic particles do not exist until they are observed, then one could no longer think of them as independent "things." Thus Einstein was basing his argument on an error when he viewed twin particles as separate. They were part of an indivisible system, and it was meaningless to think of them otherwise. In time, most physicists sided with Bohr and became content that his interpretation was correct.

One factor that contributed to Bohr's following was that quantum physics had proved so spectacularly successful in predicting phenomena, few physicists were willing to even consider the possibility that it might be faulty in some way. The entire industries of lasers, microelectronics, and computers have emerged on the reliability of the predictions of quantum physics. The popular CalTech physicist Richard Feynman has summed it up well:

"I think it is safe to say that no one understands quantum mechanics... In fact, it is often stated that of all the theories proposed in this century, the silliest is quantum theory. Some say that the only thing that quantum theory has going for it, in fact, is that it is unquestionably correct."

Bohm's work in plasma physics in the 1950s is considered a landmark. Earlier, at the Lawrence Radiation Laboratory, he noticed that in plasmas (gases composed of high-density electrons and positive ions) the particles stopped behaving like individuals and started behaving as if they were part of a larger and interconnected whole. Moving to Princeton University in 1947, there too he continued his work in the behavior of oceans of particles, noting their highly organized overall effects and their behavior, as if they knew what each of the untold trillions of individual particles was doing. One of the implications of Bohm's view has to do with the nature of location. Bohm's interpretation of quantum physics indicated that at the subquantum level location ceased to exist. All points in space become equal to all other points in space, and it was meaningless to speak of anything as being separate from anything else.

The web of subatomic particles that compose our physical universe - the very fabric of "reality" itself - possesses what appears to be an undeniable "holographic" property.

For the religous out there:

This view is not inconsistent with the Biblical presentation of the physical ("explicate") world as being subordinate to the spiritual ("implicate") world as the superior reality. The Bible is, of course, unique in that it has always presented a universe of more than three dimensions, and revealed a Creator that is transcendent over His creation. It is the only "holy book" that demonstrates these contemporary insights.

Paul Davis has summarized it provocatively: "It is as if the entire universe was nothing more than a thought in the mind of God."

To me, this in entirely intriuging. So, we are actually making reality as a colective whole. Maybe this can explain alot of things, so if this is true, it would be hard for one person to change the reality around us. But, if a sufficient number of us got together and in our hearts and minds felt something then it could happen, I would guess uf we outnumbered the naysayers. IE: Getting 10,000 people sitting on a mountain hoping for a UFO. It would happen... As long as less than that knew about it and thought it was immpossible. So, media coverage of the even would make it not happen. hmmmmmmm.... I think I will sit at home and expect $1,00,000 in my freezer tomorrow morning.... Everyone wish it will happen for me...

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
A renowned U.K hypnotist Paul McKenna proved a few years ago on his TV show that collective telepathy works.
What he did was put 6 numbers on the screen and asked the viewers to write them down .On the Saturday night during the national lottery he instructed the viewers to collectively think of the numbers as the draw was taking place .The result of his experiment was fairly startling ,3 of the numbers he had chosen were drawn and it seems far more than mere coincidence.
On a slightly more disturbing note ,but still relevant ,there was an experiment which took place in the 1960's by the Soviet Union .
What they did was take 4 newly born baby rabbits and seperated them from their mother .They then took the baby rabbits deep underwater in a submarine and killed them one by one recording the exact time each killing took place .On the surface the mother rabbit was in a lab wired up to EEG machines and at the exact time the baby rabbits were killed there wer four extreme readings on the graph of it's brainwaves.
This experiment although very sick proves there is a link between living things which is instantaneous and can travel through water,atmosphere etc.I think the physical world is just the tip of a very strange iceberg.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I think this is very interesting I also read the article and something bout the universe being a large computer and how we are actually 2-D. do u think it would change the way we percieve the world and our image of God maybe too much knowledge can hurt you.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiser617
I think this is very interesting I also read the article and something bout the universe being a large computer and how we are actually 2-D. do u think it would change the way we percieve the world and our image of God maybe too much knowledge can hurt you.

There was a pretty good movie called the 13th Floor. It covers this quite well. Well, at least I liked it... ha ha

I do not think we are a compter simulation... no proof... just gut feeling... I go believe we are organic for real... one again no proof, but a feeling. ha ha But, this holographic universe idea could be a staging ground in development. Ok... now to the sci-fi --- What if the idea is right... there is not time and everything is interconnected. What is we are actually somewhere else as a collective (say like in a school) we are having to learn something so, we are thrown into this simulated world and create a life instantly. But, this instanly is actually lived out in 80 or so years in this world. Heck, we could be actually aliens with three heads, 8 arms and six legs..... Or heck, we could be the GREYS and are just here for simulation on how to get along with other species.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join