It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Busted] NASA Tries to Conceal Lunar Structures?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I sent an email to Eric Jones, the man who is behind the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal, and asked him about the two different versions of image AS16-109-17804. I also asked him about the scratch marks in the darker version of the image.

To my surprise he was very helpful (even after I mentioned Above Top Secret!), and he was also kind enough to give me permission to copy and paste his answer. (I was not equally surprised that I was wrong about the marks perhaps being moon dust, though. I am quite used to being wrong about things.
)

This is what Eric Jones wrote to me:

The version of AS16-109-17804 on spaceflight.nasa.gov looks like it is a scan from a scratched print.

When the original film was returned to Earth after each mission, a duplicate was made and the original was then put in cold storage for protection. Prints and further duplicates were then made from the first generation duplicate.

During the last few years, NASA Johnson has removed the original film from cold storage - one magazine at a time - for high-resolution scanning. The versions of the images in the ALSJ are made from those scans. The processing that has been done is minor adjustment of brightness and contrast for presentation purposes and, because the scanning process is not perfect, some adjustment of color to ensure that the lunar surface is grey. In the interest of preserving all the information available on the original film is present in the digital images, those are the only adjustments that have been made for the ALSJ. Those adjustments were all made by Kipp Teague.

Kipp Teage has created The Project Apollo Archive:
www.apolloarchive.com...

At the moment Arizona State University is also working on scanning the original Apollo film:

All the original Apollo film can be found in the Film Archive (Building 8) at Johnson Space Center (JSC). Due to the importance in preserving these films, the original film is not allowed to leave the building.

The film is stored in a freezer (0° F), which is located in a large refrigerator that is maintained at 55° F. The staff at JSC has developed a procedure, and used it many times, for removing film from the freezer for scanning and making copies of the film.

1. The sealed film canister is identified and then transferred from the freezer to the refrigerator where it is allowed to equilibrate for 24 hours.

2. The sealed canister is then removed from the refrigerator and placed in room temperature environment and allowed to equilibrate for an addition 24 hours.

3. The film is then removed from the canister, hand cleaned (see below) and scanned.

4. The film is placed back in the canister, sealed, and then placed back in the cold vault.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb7bd6940306.png[/atsimg]
Canisters containing original Apollo flight films

Go here to learn more about the film and the scanning prosess:
apollo.sese.asu.edu...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
How is it that all you moon landing is a hoax/NASA covers up the truth people spend hours pouring over NASA photos, which you dont trust, but then as soon as you find something that looks like a skull, wrench, obelisk, etc... you are running around saying you found proof of alien civilization? So basically what you are saying is NASA lies unless it supports your preconieved notion of alien civilization on the Moon or on Mars. That is a laugh riot.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Out of curiosity... How many believe the moon landing was faked, and how many believe that alien structures were found on the moon?

Either the landing was faked, and there are no structures (so then, case closed); we went to the moon and there are no structures (verified by the ever trustworthy google moon); or we went to the moon, and there are indeed alien constructs on it (can't trust anyone anymore).

What to believe, what to believe...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

We went to the moon and there were no structures. Here is why. Do you know how much funding NASA could have gotten, even it went from a gov agency to a non profit, if it had found proof of any type of civilization on the moon?

[edit on 7/29/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

Either the landing was faked...

and...

...or we went to the moon, and there are indeed alien constructs on it

BINGO!! Not about the 'alien' aspect, but you've just clearly nailed the OP, and shown the hyprocrisy.

This OP vacillates between posting YT vids made by kids who say the landings were 'faked', then posting these NASA photos alleging they are covering up 'alien' structures in the background of the actual Lunar Landing photos!!!

Wel done!
=

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Day One EVA

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/285ee08c94d2.png[/atsimg]

Day Two Eva 17 miles away..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d22a382147e8.png[/atsimg]

If you can find any video showing those images as being from day one and day two, fine, but from what I have seen the sound on the video from where those two images were taken is from two different occasions and the images do not match the videos available on NASA's site.

As things stand now, it looks like those two images come from a hoaxed video that presents false information.

On topic, the "structure" on the OP's photo is also visible inside the crater, so I think they are what they look like, scratchs.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

I agree... I also wonder why anybody is interested in "irregular" or "unexpected find" pics of extraterrestrial subject, or disclosure, trying to suggest alien existence, when we know what Werner VonBrown warned us would be a scam.

Someone can illuminate me? thank you.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Why, thank you weedwacker! It is rather amazing that people keep running around this.

How can it be both ways?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
It is from the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal and its brightness level has been altered to that the scratches are no longer visible.

Not possible, altering the brightness level would not create detail, and as you can see inside the small crater on the foreground, the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal version has much more detail than the darker version, just like what happens when you make a bad copy of an original, you will always loose detail that can not be recovered.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The labels (Day One, Day Two) were added by Fox television for a "special" they made in 2001.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I think you may have accidently created a new conspiracy. FOX NEWS ALTERS NASA PHOTOS - THE PROOF!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks.

I only knew this video from a previous post from Zorgon and I did not had any reference to its source.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have to say the government always seems to have hidden technology far more advanced then what we know of. Now from my opinion if Area 51 existed then there would be no need for NASA. NASA would just be a mask that the blind public looks at.

Now theres many theories that apply with the moon landing. And since you bring up the edit in these images it suggest to me that the moon landing was possibly staged. Though thats not what I think because I really dont know what to think, they showed on national television the rocket being launched into space to the moon. How can you argue with that?

I will list the philosophical suggestions of the moon landing event which are most plausible.

- NASA did go to the moon, though it was too dusty there to get footage. A suggestion to that theory is the flag flag waving in the breeze up on the moon. Taking into account the gravity on the moon suggest that the moon dust is extremely lighter then usual and therefor should give the moon bit of a foggy environment. So my point to this theory is that NASA did go to the moon it was just filled with a "dust fog" that they couldnt film it there so that they took footage/pictures back on earth.

- NASA didnt go to the moon. Your pictures strongly suggest this. Why? Well why would these pictures need editing if NASA really did go to the moon.

- NASA did go to the moon. Seems most likely since they did show the rocket blasting into space for the moon mission. Why else would that be done? The reason this would be considered a theory is because the picture you showed only prove NASA cannot be fully trusted.

Any one of those suggestive theories are possible.

I've never looked into this subject because it seems to irrelevant now days. If you do prove NASA is lying would it matter? I'll give you something to think about. If nobody can figure out the paradox between top secret bases with unknown advanced technology being developed and NASA's "advancements into space" then common sense must be a myth. Things just dont connect when you have these 2 destinations.

Exuberant1, good job! That was a very well formatted and interesting post. I never though NASA would let these picture be let loose so carelessly. Apparently NASA must think the public isnt intelligent enough to spot NASA's despicable actions. Well done, you seem to have a keen eye.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kadzait

A suggestion to that theory is the flag flag waving in the breeze up on the moon. Taking into account the gravity on the moon suggest that the moon dust is extremely lighter then usual and therefor should give the moon bit of a foggy environment.

NO. There is no "foggy environment" in a place where there is no air. The surface of the Moon is as close to vacuum as you can get. Please research.

...because the picture you showed only prove NASA cannot be fully trusted.

You really should have read through all of the thread, and not just the OP, before posting this. There is still time to edit, to avoid further embarrassment.

Exuberant1, good job! That was a very well formatted and interesting post. I never though NASA would let these picture be let loose so carelessly.

Same comment as just above.....

**sigh**

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I believe you can have it both ways.Heck there are many interpretations of many things,you say tomato,I say tomato.The pictures can be doctored,some of the missions could have been faked,and NASA is a military by-product,trust issues??.If a government hides a certain military airship,concealing it so other nations don't steal its technology's,I can say that they would hide the very existence of any structure on the Moon or Mars as they deem fit. My question goes deeper down the rabbit hole,What would NASA want or need from knowing if there were structures on the moon,or any other planet,and why wouldn't they WANT to let people know? We still dont know how the Mayans,Aztecs,Egyptians ect... built their structures to the degrees that even our modern day architects cannot fathom.I say forget about the moon,lets put all our efforts into the one place we all have to live in,and figure out the mysteries here.
Unless pictures, in black and white,with 60's technology,and greasy fingers floats your boat!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Since were discussing videos take a look at the restored videos NASA released for the 40th anniversary. Theres a huge difference in the video.A team of Apollo-era engineers restored the video from the down link centers and with some digital enhancement such as correcting contrast there awesome check them out!

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Or perhaps, we did go to the moon, and did find alien structures... but the media was leaked photographs depicting what appeared to be a staged landing! And, just like Roswell, it was allowed to grow so the conspiracy itself would cover-up the truth...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nosce te ipsum
I'm not surprised by any of this. Typical police state behavior.

All I want to know is what happened to the cat. No one cares about the cat. There was a gray cat that jumped out the window wasn't there? Did I miss something?

I know what post your referring to, but this isn't it my friend...

I had this same thing happen. Not sure how it happens but anywho.

PEACE!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Out of morbid curiosity- anyone want to comment on this image?

What do you see in the pic?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Could this be so utterly simple a thing as mis-handling of negatives or aged photo's that were scanned an that a image processor artificially enhanced the defects upon?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join