It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survive tshtf...then what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
If you live in a rural area then hopefully you have enough water/food and meds to survive. Do you have enough to start a colony of like minded but unprepared souls? Or do you have the plans available in case of the possible growth of you're retreat. Can you turn a family away that has braved the hazzards to find you?

I ask these questions because nobody survives alone. A community has a much better chance of survival in emergency conditions. Yea you have enough water / food for 2 years, but can you protect it? Are you willing to kill innocent but hungry people to keep your safety hoard?

I anguished over these questions and have decided that IF...and ONLY IF they believe as I do that I will accept and protect them with all of my means. My belief for acceptance is that they will do no harm to others in the community! Obey orders. Yes. Orders will be necessary in this environment.
In my safety zone, I will require this oath... I will repeat my oath that I will harm no resident without equal cause. I will protect this zone as freemen can. I will kill those that kill and I will place those, that have taken the oath to the community and betrays it, in the wilderness for god to provide for....These are my concerns only.. You make your own if you establish a "save zone".

Now for the meat of the post. so to speak.
a demonstated plan 15 years old for 2.5 acres to provide food for 30,000 people on about 15% of the water used in conventional agriculture. To be continued with links and in addition cheap shelter plans.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
What do u mean by TSHTF? Like a nuclear war... a giant meteor hitting Earth, polar shift?

I wouldnt survive by myself for one thing. I would survive with a group of people. All around my age. Which is 15. Since i live up in the mountains, i would probably make a hole as a shelter. Find a hight point, then dig down from there. So i wouldnt have to worry about floods or getting covered in stuff. If i knew it was coming, would buy the lights that plants can grow with. So i can grow food right in my home. Maybe it could be a semi-permanent shelter. Not just to weather out the shtf, but also to be afterwards.
I already made a drawing of this, all i need to do is dig it out and buy the seeds and lamps.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLife

If the shtf there is most likely not electricity
Just thought I'd throw that glitch in there.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by danz11

yea there is still electricity. Solar, Wind.

an old battery coupled to an old hard drive motor powered with wind will supply enough to run a 12 pump for recirculation of water among the aquaponics system. ...for a while at least until other items can be scrounged.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
We will adapt...
It'll take along time...possibly alot of negative or horrible things perhaps...though it would obviously be nice to avoid that..
Who knows there isa nuber of scenarios for what could happen.
TSHTF idea could also happen different ways....
We'd have to go back to alot of old ideas and implenment them to the most modern extent we could I guess
also change our attitudes beliefs and perspectives alittle i would think.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Interesting!! Many posters here consider survival in "dog eat dog" categories. They only forgot that the healthy dogs create packs which are their equivalent of human society.
They have hierarchies, they raise their pups together etc.
And human is the "social animal" as well...
Even when we survive Apocallipse...for what reason then if- fighting for survival we will forget civilisation, if it will turn us in some kind of sub human anti social predators??
Moral and ethic dillemas can be very important part of that struggle.
So perhaps: some place in BOB for the books on Ethics ?? Maybe just Bible would be enough??

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I think if your an American, you need to help your fellow American. More than likely, before a SHTF event happens, there will already be martial law declared. You should inform any fellow survivors that those rules are still in effect and that the consequences for violation...such as for stealing or looting, will be harshly delt with. How harsh is up to you. Banishment under such circumstances would probably be lethal.

top topics

join