It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought on life.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
See as i figure it is that atheist are more or less quitters. I understand evolution and its workings on this planet. The issue i have though is that it seems to be a cop-out. Atheist think just evolution and that anyone who believes in a God is dumb or arent as "smart" as them. Honestly evolution to me is like putting together a giant puzzle but missing 25 percent of the pieces. Sure you get the general gist of what the picture is supposed to be but, it isn't complete.

First to attack atheists
Wasn't atheism a way to stop having religious people shoving there beliefs down your throat? What has become of atheist. They are doing the same thing that they argue against. In my opinion they are probably the biggest loser hypocrites out there today. " oh well im atheist so i dont believe in anything, aren't i just so cool." I believe you think your so smart when really your a drop out. Evolution explains everything. Bul[SNIP]. The universe is too big, too old, too infinite to even be close to understanding its workings. So to my atheist cop-out drop-outs [SNIP] You. Seriously i'm dreadfully tired of your crap. So you dont believe anything why don't you shut up and let the people who are still curious about life and our place in the universe continue without your annoying crap. Enjoy your hopeless life and let us enjoy ours.

On my belief for God.
At the big bang it is suggested that everything in the universe was a condensed ball of .. well everything. My only issue with this is the birth of consciousness. Did a giant ball of thought exist.
Think about the brain and its processes. I find that it is very similar to a computer. Information is inputted and processed to the best of its ability. Understanding a thing requires work, trial and error. but even a computer has to be built. It can't know how to process without being told how to.

Some thoughts on earth.
Most believe that the universe is infinite. Now infinity isnt actually a number but every possibility of numbers.(and impossibility if you really want to get into that). If someone said "there is a one in a million chance that (lets say) my house will burn down" that is 1 in a million, which compared to infinity is terribly small but there is that 1 chance. Now 1 into infinity is such a small shot that it would be almost impossible but possible. This planet sustaining life and flourishing as it has since whenever, is as far as we know a 1 in infinity chance. See the 1 is us at the moment. 1 in every amount possible in the universe we exists and think and evolve. now if you think about it that one chance was bound to happen. right now you are standing or sitting on basically a miracle variable. Everything lining up perfectly, everything growing in the vastness of the cosmos we are alive. Perhaps alone. I don't believe that only because id assume that even though we may be one in infinity, that doesnt mean that no other planet has ever come close to the way ours is set up. (Food for non atheist) Now this rant as of yet hasnt really mentioned god or aspects of such some would say so time to roll.

GOD
In the search for understanding life, the universe and everything we tend to fall short of an answer. Here is my attempt at open question answers.
In the vastness of space were you to go to a planet that did not support life you would never see a rock use thought. Thought will not grow out of the ground, it will not fall from space and land and grow. nothing can be made from nothing. At the big bang where did the cell of whatever we evolved from come from. Did it always exist. floating with all the crap that created everything in the current universe was there a single cell that got blasted all over the universe which evolved in certain temperatures and atmospheres that spawned us. How could something that never lived ever exists.

For computer geeks.
Correct me if im wrong but a computer can never generate a randowm number. It has to have a certain seq

[edit on 29-7-2009 by SchefSalad]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SchefSalad

your last paragraph shows you have little knowledge of the science you are refuting.

and little knowledge of your own religion.

no real scientists say everything came from nothing.
saying "god did it" is saying everything came from nothing.

edit fixed a typo

[edit on 29-7-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

If the shoe fits put that sucker on. You may not be a Christian, but your fundamentalism is showing so its apt.

[edit on 7/29/09 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Didn't even bother reading, just wanted to remind people to stop fighting about inevitable problems that are man made. waste of time. time=?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Well first i am not part of "our" religion. So don't group me in there. I dislike religious folks as much as atheist because of the closed mindedness so dont insult me unless you have something to actually contribute.

Also i i am not a fundamentalist christian being that my belief in god is trying to piece all religious views of a divine creator and trying to find a middle ground that many attempt to explain. I think that all religions found god the same way i did. Not from a book or word of mouth but from the one place people tend not to travel. [SNIP]
[edit on 29-7-2009 by SchefSalad]

Mod Edit: Removed drug reference.

2e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities; specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, dicussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Let me be the first to say [SNIP] YOUR GOD!! Your God is an underachiever at best. If he created humans, it was a rushed job on a Friday and he was dying to get outta the office. If he is so great and infinite, why make all mammals work the same way internally, seems kinda lazy to me, why make his "chosen people" who are made in his image have to constantly consume food for energy only hours later to get rid of it in one big steaming pile of [SNIP]??? That the stupidest thing ever, if I were creating a race of people to worship me, i'd fit them out with crazy magic things inside so they could spend all day worshiping me and not have worry about taking a deuce in the process.

God there are so many fallacies in creation, if you can't see the truth there than.......oh yeah, your not really big on truth and fact and junk are ya? My bad.

Anyways, God = Dumb, there is a math equation even he could screw up.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

i didnt lump you in with anything.

i had a typo. my Y key is messed up.

so my first post is as i meant it to be now as far as i know

ps youre combining all gods to find something that makes sense?

and it really only makes sense if youve done drugs?

[edit on 29-7-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Let me get this straight: You tell athiest to *BLANK* off and then your getting pissy because the expected army of sycophants fails to rush to your cause?

Hello pot? its the kettle.......... your black :shk:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SchefSalad
Well first i am not part of "our" religion. So don't group me in there. I dislike religious folks as much as atheist because of the closed mindedness

HAHAHA that is so rich it has to be fattening.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

First off you are assuming that i am referring to the bibles interpretation of god. WRONG im talking about the billions of people throughout human histories belief in a god or multiple gods. I didnt put any religious aspect down. and to be honest i really havent read that much of the bible.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged

Originally posted by SchefSalad
Well first i am not part of "our" religion. So don't group me in there. I dislike religious folks as much as atheist because of the closed mindedness

HAHAHA that is so rich it has to be fattening.

Man it must be great to know everything. Your so smart please id love to here so much more of your intelligent argument against my beliefs. oh wait thats right you have no belief. Just your average drone.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Drone?? Yeah, not being forced to go to church by my parents or being brainwashed into believing there is a creator but instead searching for my own answers and personal beliefs. Yep, just another sheep. I wish theist would get a clue to what an atheist really is you know. And you my friend, your making your cause look bad. Very shortly I expect that rabbit whoever dude with the sun glasses in his avatar to show up and be like....hey...hey...he is not with us.

edit for dude's name: WickettheRabbit lol

[edit on 29-7-2009 by stereovoyaged]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

he was calling you as closed minded as you claim everyone else as. he never made any statement that implied he knew something no one else did. just something that you dont seem to know

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

he was calling you as closed minded as you claim everyone else as. he never made any statement that implied he knew something no one else did. just something that you dont seem to know

Please enlighten me. What i suggested was that the atheist bandwagon doesn't contribute anything at all except for really annoying people. Not one of the people who have replied so far has argued why im wrong. The only thing you've done is tried to insult my opinion. Your contribution has been nothing at all. Not a damn thing. I give food for thought. i get the same atheist crap as usual. The reason theist don't respect atheist is because the bring nothing to the table. NOTHING. The atheist cult is nothing more than a bashing machine. No contribution whatsoever. Worthless because you clearly know everything and question nothing.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

See as i figure it is that atheist are more or less quitters. I understand evolution and its workings on this planet. The issue i have though is that it seems to be a cop-out. Atheist think just evolution and that anyone who believes in a God is dumb or arent as "smart" as them. Honestly evolution to me is like putting together a giant puzzle but missing 25 percent of the pieces. Sure you get the general gist of what the picture is supposed to be but, it isn't complete.

It's not a cop out, because we're still learning and understanding how it works, a cop out, is saying a divine being did it, and that's that. God isn't dumb, and people who believe in him/her, aren't dumb either, just delusional.

Wasn't atheism a way to stop having religious people shoving there beliefs down your throat?

A common misconception, I get dominoes and pizza hut ads slammed in my face, I don't go and create another industry to attack them for advertising to me, savvy?

We're upset, if I may speak for the whole with regard, are upset with teaching people things that have no evidence, and are lacking severely to replace them with things that are reasonably and logically atrocities on the brain itself.

Understanding a thing requires work, trial and error. but even a computer has to be built. It can't know how to process without being told how to.

Aw, another, it is complex, ergo it must have an extremely complex designer, although, what created him/her so on and so forth, luckily, dawkins on behalf of darwin, put it rather nicely and I made a thread about it, A Boeing 747 has a highly unlikely chance of being formed by hurricanes hitting a scrapward yes, but this video explains how it's done, it's in my thread.
Here is the thread.

Now 1 into infinity is such a small shot that it would be almost impossible but possible. This planet sustaining life and flourishing as it has since whenever, is as far as we know a 1 in infinity chance. See the 1 is us at the moment. 1 in every amount possible in the universe we exists and think and evolve. now if you think about it that one chance was bound to happen. right now you are standing or sitting on basically a miracle variable.

lol, ok well isn't us being here, and conciously understanding that we're here, proof that there is a chance, if we weren't but that of our chimp brothers, we wouldn't even understand this, but we do
Nicely so too, although the numbers are so big, we have to replicate a man to that of the creator of a universe, also being the creator of himself, bound not by time or space....yeah.

In the search for understanding life, the universe and everything we tend to fall short of an answer. Here is my attempt at open question answers.

lol there again, not quoted but you said, 'nothing comes from nothing', i'm assuming the famous quote of "Matter can neither be created nor destroyed". While you cling to science to defend your unscientifical being who controls your life and judges your sexual behavior (don't you put that in their, move up a little! lol or down alot!) Science is awesome, and science is always changing! This may all be concluded later as something that is true, but in such a large amount of things it changes.

If I stick my hand up infront of the sun, gravity does not take hold and bend light, although on a grand scale it would

We have still no imaginary concept of the size of the universe and how it would effect things.

I do not believe personally that the big bang started it all, but something started something that happened to start the big bang and brought us upon. Now pantheistically you may say that is god. But I doubt it's judging whether or not I take that candy bar, I have law enforcement to do that.

For computer geeks.
Correct me if im wrong but a computer can never generate a randowm number. It has to have a certain seq

I can't guess what's next lol.
I am no geek, just a guy who researches, and works at a regular job.

But the video in my link will explain this to you. Your god is a false god, and all gods are in the personal aspects.

I'm only 99% sure on this, as you surely are only 99% sure god does exist!

God, is a delusion, somethin that would be very nice to have, such as santa claus!

It'd be nice to believe we didn't 'trully' die, that we went somewhere else because we are greater then chimps, but by that, before humans, chimps would go farther then bacteria into heavens or hells.

Our conciousness is short in the myriad of time, yet the imagination has run wild with it.

You seem almost militant in defending your delusion, I also have a thread here, of a man who has a epileptic seizure and believe he is god, or has a connection to god himself, which only proves to be random neurons firing aggresively.

My computer is bugging up so i'll post now till everything I write is lost!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

my first post.
i fixed the typo. reread it.

i pointed out a few ways you were wrong.

and YOURE STILL close minded about atheists.
they arent a cult.
they bring nothing to the table?
how about critical thinking.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SchefSalad No contribution whatsoever. Worthless because you clearly know everything and question nothing.

Ironic, because I have come to all my conclusions by questioning EVERYTHING, even my own beliefs from time to time. Theist question nothing, they accept what they are told to believe, "God did it, your not supposed to understand it, so don't bother questioning it, oh, btw. umm....did you've give your 10%??"

i've spent the last ten years or so questioning, reading, debating, watching docu's, listening to lectures, reading books, including the bible, listening to auido books, its not like I woke up one day and was like k, there is no God, whats for breakfast....but theist are born theist, cause their parents/grandparents/school/teachers/friends/family etc tell them what is socially acceptable to believe. NEXT!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Republican 08 i respect your contribution. Finally someone who replied with intelligence. Though i disagree with the party affiliation _javascript:icon('
')
See i wasnt talking about this judge that we should fear or a loving man with a beard. which i feel is the misconception that most atheist fall at. Not everyone who believes in god has a religious affiliation. So the a holes who copy and paste atheist propaganda dont listen to people whos opinion differ from the church as well as cool super smart atheist.
But instead of arguing what i believe me what you ATHEIST believe on how life began in the universe. And dont give me dawkins boring diatribe. I want YOUR opinion. not regurgitated crap.
Please.
if im wrong explain how your right.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
So here's my problem with this, I am in no way atheist but the argument that the OP presents does nothing to bridge the gap but rather increases the gap between them. On the flip side stereovoyaged is oppositely as ignorant. I've met tons of people that were raised christian and then they found some things they don't agree with and so they jump aboard atheism and anyone that says otherwise they immediately fight against as they think it is what they originally rebelled against. "Theists question nothing" is probably the most ignorant quote I could think of, I am a philosopher Buddhist that understands science and agrees with a majority of it. I won't even pick a side in this argument but rather will go with Schef and say that why are we fighting when we can simply meet in the middle. Little aside, my parents are 100% atheist so your argument of being born as such is just ridiculous.

I see evolution as proof of god (I usually don't use the word god because of misconceptions). I simply cannot believe that life came from some basic elements and some electricity, and am reluctant to believe that everything that is, is due to probabilities so small that saying astronomical doesn't do it justice.

Could go on but I'm personally disappointed that I got drawn into this argument in the first place.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged

Originally posted by SchefSalad No contribution whatsoever. Worthless because you clearly know everything and question nothing.

Ironic, because I have come to all my conclusions by questioning EVERYTHING, even my own beliefs from time to time. Theist question nothing, they accept what they are told to believe, "God did it, your not supposed to understand it, so don't bother questioning it, oh, btw. umm....did you've give your 10%??"

i've spent the last ten years or so questioning, reading, debating, watching docu's, listening to lectures, reading books, including the bible, listening to auido books, its not like I woke up one day and was like k, there is no God, whats for breakfast....but theist are born theist, cause their parents/grandparents/school/teachers/friends/family etc tell them what is socially acceptable to believe. NEXT!

Ah but growing up i disputed a belief in god. i found my faith through reading and listening. and PERSONAL EXPERIENCES which in all honesty was [SNIP]. Not religious dogma or anything like that. Travelling the road less traveled. Finding the world for myself. Your beliefs are built on the opinions of other ie Darwin, dawkins , ZEitgeist. By the tone of your response id be bold enough to say that these people you have accepted to be your god. I guarantee you sweat every word whether true or not. why because you have no thoughts of your own. Only what you've read or heard. To fit in with the hip crowd. A drone. Let me guess next your going to tell me you have lived long enough to watch humans evolve from chimp. Clearly your so grounded in your belief that no one could ever try to tell you anything so why listen. Your right and im wrong, you win i loose. There is no god just dirt in space and monkeys.

Mod Edit: Removed drug reference.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join