It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality Should Be Banned -

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Christianity, along with most other theist religions from the early middle ages, is almost entirely dead amongst well educated, post industrial western democracies - and with very good reason - it was utterly ridiculed and rejected during the age of enlightenment, a position maintained today, for its outrageously illogical, profoundly unreasonable, and thoroughly contemptible morality, hypocrisy, and almost ubiquitous lack of ethical consideration - a clear example given below

www.humanistsofutah.org...

Why is it that the last bastion of such profoundly asinine practices is the United States, how is it that they are so uniquely unaware of the almost universal cuckolding they receive from the well educated global elite at such profound lack of intellect and progress ? Is it just a reflection of the stereotype of the stupid American ? Is it the result of the obstinate American position of refusing to accept any criticism, of a belief that Americans are always right no matter what ? Or is it something more complex - part of the grand scheme of control used by the American elite to control the masses through religious indoctrination and parochial loyalties ?

The delusion of American religion is only matched by the American denial of global warming.........

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

is almost entirely dead

'BRRRRT' (The buzzer rings) 'WRONG'.

Next post please...

peace

EDIT: By the way your headline needs editing.

It’s VERY misleading - as I’m sure you well know.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
May I inquire, are you American ?? You seem intelligent, how can you group everyone together in a heap and label it ??

How can religion or denial be " american " .... I can think of much worse places in the world.

I think were making great strides, is homosexual marriage legal in every other country ?? In alot of places you might be stoned to death if you were found to have relations with another man.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
You'll get lots of flags and stars for this post. From what I can see half of ATS is Christian and the other half is gay Christian. You couldn't go wrong with this one.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
You'll get lots of flags and stars for this post. From what I can see half of ATS is Christian and the other half is gay Christian. You couldn't go wrong with this one.

Hummm, I tend toward paganism

What should be banned is intolerance in general.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

ive never met a gay christian.

if i did i would probably take dozens of pictures. and hopefully an interview on video. they are more of a mystery to me than bigfoot.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by miss_silver

That would be religion - specifically Christianity which is about the most intolerant of all the bigoted one eyed repressive regimes ever to rule humanity - without the most intolerant organised association on the planet - I really can not think of anything as intolerant - Nazism hasn't even killed as many people for being - well - different....

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The Religious Right is not "American religion". There *is* no American religion, unless you count a sort of lukewarm, watered-down form of Christianity in which people go to church once a week and try to behave themselves. The vast majority of Americans do not believe that the Bible is the One True Inerrant Word Of God (tm). They think it's good literature, inspiring verses, maybe some inspired words among the plagues and earthquakes.

Oh, and we don't all wear cowboy boots, either. Pardner.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

May I inquire, are you American ?? You seem intelligent, how can you group everyone together in a heap and label it ??

How can religion or denial be " american " .... I can think of much worse places in the world.

I think were making great strides, is homosexual marriage legal in every other country ?? In alot of places you might be stoned to death if you were found to have relations with another man.

Please read the OP - we are talking about the perception of the US realative and as perceived by their peers - post industrial western democratic nations - as stated - yes these countries do all allow it, yes it is only America that doesn't and yes you are perceived as backward for that - everything you asked, as mentioned above, was covered.....

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

is almost entirely dead

'BRRRRT' (The buzzer rings) 'WRONG'.

Next post please...

peace

EDIT: By the way your headline needs editing.

It’s VERY misleading - as I’m sure you well know.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by silo13]

Hmm interesting in the amazing reaffirmation through empirical example - only An American would perceive it as not almost entirely dead - that a few regional whackos from rural England - those that haven't fully subscribed to reafrimation of sun worship and druid revivalism - but thanks for such a great example of American denialism - PERFECT

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
The Religious Right is not "American religion". There *is* no American religion, unless you count a sort of lukewarm, watered-down form of Christianity in which people go to church once a week and try to behave themselves. The vast majority of Americans do not believe that the Bible is the One True Inerrant Word Of God (tm). They think it's good literature, inspiring verses, maybe some inspired words among the plagues and earthquakes.

Oh, and we don't all wear cowboy boots, either. Pardner.

Hmm - seem to remember eight years of cowboy boot wearing, crusading in the promised land, God inspired killing which your whole country got right behind - "yeeeeeehaaaaaaay giddy up got sum muslim killing" to do kind of attitude.....you can claim passive religion all you like - Im sure the Taliban think they are even handed - its all relative PARDNER - its the perspective and perception of your peers that will be the arbiters in your judgement - and you are handwaving lunatics to the rest of the civilised world -

But again the example of denial is well received as confirmation of my point - what is missing though is some comment as to WHY this apparent denial and delusion exists....

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
80 percent of the US is Christian... It IS the country of Christians, even our government is voted in on how Christian they are.

Every gay person I've ever known claims to be a Christian, as a matter of fact I know gay preachers.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
In my opinion, this OP is just baiting Christians. It is another thread that just picks a random idea, throws it out, and hopes to catch conservative Christians who love Jesus and try to destroy their faith. It is very apparent from the title of the thread, because the text that follows is of the opposite, Christian-bashing, point of view.

Some believe in science only, some believe in science and faith, some faith only. You will not destroy the faith of others, nor will you change their opinions on homosexuality, with this type of thread. I regard it as inflammatory, and shows a hatred for Christians.

In the end, all will die. We will see then who is right, won't we?

As far as killing Muslims, I believe you will find that 911 was the beginning of this problem, and it was started by Muslims. Their hate for Christians and our Christian nation filled with liberty and separation of church and state, love for Israel, and support for all faiths must have chapped their hides. Ironically, they killed a lot of Muslims in 911, too.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

Hmm interesting in the amazing reaffirmation through empirical example - only An American would perceive it as not almost entirely dead -

Psst, I'm not American.

that a few regional whackos from rural England - those that haven't fully subscribed to reafrimation of sun worship and druid revivalism -

I thought you were talking about American’s? Now you've gone UK?

By the way if you’re going to use big words you might want to run your threads through a spell check first.

Beyond that, the above part of your quote makes no sense whatsoever.

but thanks for such a great example of American denialism - PERFECT

I suggest you stop the pigeonholing it really is so counterproductive.

As for Christianity being *dead* in America?

From purely a cynical standpoint - it never will be.

How better to control the masses.

peace

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Sexuality Should Be Banned.

All of the extinct races banned it and they cause even less stimulation than the Muslims and other hood wearers combined.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Why is Christianity labeled as the OP does? In actuality Christianity is mainly made up of a large number of churches that operate at a very local level within the people of its community. The political side of Christianity is something that 95% of Christians are not part of, but like any group you have a political side.

At this local level they are very tolerant and tend to help as they can to whoever needs it. It is a fact that Christianity is the largest contributor to the world’s poor, hungry and in need. I remember after Katrina driving around town I saw Christian churches with semi trucks in their parking lots getting loaded with food, clothing etc by the parishioners of the churches. No political or social statements, no agenda, no recognition… just invisible help. When people mix their politics and personal agendas with Christianity it is no longer Christianity, so peel back these false Christian labels and put the label that fits.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

From purely a cynical standpoint - it never will be.

How better to control the masses.

So can you give a few examples on how christianly controls the masses?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas

Originally posted by miss_silver

That would be religion - specifically Christianity which is about the most intolerant of all the bigoted one eyed repressive regimes ever to rule humanity - without the most intolerant organised association on the planet - I really can not think of anything as intolerant - Nazism hasn't even killed as many people for being - well - different....
Fighting Atheists from French Revolution and Soviet Russia killed a loooooot really. And concerning the Nazis they were quite often homosexual...

One question: what you want to get in return for your provocation and all your hatred??? And what is your favorite plan concerning that ugly "intolerant" "bigoted" and "repressive" Christians??? to exterminate them or only to brainwash them all to make them loving the "gays"???

[edit on 29-7-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Yep, everything that happens in the US happens because of Christians. The politicos are all Christians and they make the laws to decide how we will all live and who we will kill tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join