It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military planning for possible H1N1 outbreak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
i guess over government expects the h1n1 virus to be a potential problem in the future.

www.cnn.com...

The U.S. military wants to establish regional teams of military personnel to assist civilian authorities in the event of a significant outbreak of the H1N1 virus this fall, according to Defense Department officials.

The proposal is awaiting final approval from Defense Secretary Robert Gates.

The officials would not be identified because the proposal from U.S. Northern Command's Gen. Victor Renuart has not been approved by the secretary.

The plan calls for military task forces to work in conjunction with the Federal Emergency Management Agency. There is no final decision on how the military effort would be manned, but one source said it would likely include personnel from all branches of the military.

i wonder how big of an h1n1 event it would take to warrant the involvement of the military. currently over 1million people have been hit by the h1n1 flu bug and some people believe there will be a major problem with the second wave this fall/winter.

are you ready to be forced a vaccination while a m-16 is pointed at your head?

[edit on 28-7-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This makes me think that either A) they knew that something like H1N1 was coming when they assigned troops to NorthCom last fall when we all thought that Bush simply wouldn't leave, or B) they made H1N1 in order to do some population control and this was all planned and set into motion by TPTB.

Scary stuff, especially since it comes from a legit MSM source.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
First, note that this is a *proposal*, not a law or executive order, yet.

As far as I know, the US has always had the power to declare martial law and have the military take over during an extreme emergency. Having them intervene in a deadly pandemic when millions of people are dying sounds entirely reasonable to me.

Our civilian services aren't up to the task. They lack the organization, communications, and discipline of the military. Jurisdictional bickering and politics would slow everything down to a crawl. In the military, there is none of that. Soldiers are ordered to do stuff; they do it; end of discussion. The Army needs a thousand more troops for LA, they're there, no worries about New York City arguing they need them more, etc.

I am highly skeptical that there will be any sort of forced vaccination, at least of adults. Unfortunately, there may be forced vaccination of children, but I believe this already exists (I have no kids, so I'm not sure). The needs of the group outweigh individual rights, and that's the end of that. Even when the group is wrong.

Another reason I don't think there will be forced vaccination is because from everything I've read so far, vaccine manufacturers are saying they're not going to be able to provide all the desired doses in time for the season's start. That suggests that the vaccine will be triaged, given to those who most need it (first-responders, public workers, kids, etc.). If you're one of those, maybe they'll force you.

I don't think they'll force you at gunpoint. Just like you're required to file your taxes, you'll probably be required to provide evidence you've been inoculated. Lacking that evidence, bad things might happen, such as becoming ineligible to work, disqualified for insurance, fined, imprisoned, whatever. I doubt they'll go to that length, because there will be millions of people who don't want to be inoculated, many because of their religion (Christian Scientists, Seventh Day Adventists, etc.). My guess is that if this thing turns serious, the Government is going to have other things to occupy it besides tracking down "shot-dodgers".

All that stuff about the military being under the control of civilians is a crock, of course. The people with the weapons are always the ones in control. Just keep that in mind when facing someone with an M-16, telling you to something. Kind words and a gun will get you farther than kind words alone.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

I hereby volunteer to be the first US citizen to be executed by our govt. for refusing to take an untested,unwarranted,vaccine created by few to control many.

A few quotes:

"give me liberty or give me death"

"the only thing to fear is fear itself"

"greater love hath no man that he lay down his life for his friends"

If this is a serious undertaking feel free to also film the above stated request and use accordingly.

No wonder BEER sales are going thru the roof...................

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by huntergatherer

I think you're in the majority. What I'd like to know, is the people who ARE volunteering for this vaccine. It's been in our local papers, guv'ment looking for test bunnies. . .

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
One of my sisters laughed and laughed at George W. Bush when he said we needed virus protection, (Tamiflu) for Americans, just in case. Oh, she belittled him so much. That's ridiculous she expressed. The flu is just the flu. Heh. I wonder what she thinks now that our Obamanation is gearing up for "protection" against the flu? My guess is she supports the genius in charge, now. based soley on political preferences.
Baaaaaa Baaaaaaaaaa

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
HMMMM....
I find this article to be very odd indeed! I have read many of the pandemic readiness plans and they ALL have the military functioning with the Health agency and FEMA who delves out the orders to the military who co-ordinates with the locals etc.
In the plan's it was expressly stated that they would be the one's to aid in setting up temporary shelter's, medical unit's, training civilians who can be of help etc. This article has me very stumped at the moment because for one my state CA has already gotten them written into their plans as do most others and the plans at the federal level call for them to step in also to assist.
Why do they need permission from Gates now? The planing has already been done/approved and has them at the top tier above civil authority. Something about this stinks if you ask me.
You don't ask permission for a job you have already been handed. You ask for permission if something about the said "job" has been changed. That would mean that they are redoing the preparedness plan's to include something not already stated is my guess. ALL state and civil authorities have already been given a pamphlet that they are required to know by heart in the case of an emergency of this nature.
If they are changing it at this point to include something further....they are obviously NOT going to be able to get out all new pamphlets to all the cities etc. The plans have been being worked on since 2005 and where finally approved just last year I believe. That is when all the people in the loop of the plan got their book's and order's as to who is in charge etc.

bah will look into it later am to tired to track down any new information on it right now! Gawd knows they have enough law's already, finding this needle in the hay stack will just give me a headache and I need my beauty sleep ya know

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Great...CFR...Barack Obama's concern for civil liberties... :shk:

U.S. Homeland Secretary to reveal security plans: report

www.reuters.com...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano is expected to reveal on Wednesday the Obama administration's domestic policies to prevent terrorist attacks, the Wall Street Journal said on Tuesday.

In an interview, Napolitano said the new strategy is expected to rely largely on refining and expanding initiatives launched under former President George W. Bush, the paper reported on its website.

The new plans are part of a wider effort to significantly increase the cooperation Napolitano's agency has with state and local governments in the United States, the paper said.

Napolitano is also expected to call for more civic awareness and involvement to prevent attacks, the paper said, adding that she is likely to discuss efforts to work closer with foreign governments, from sharing airline-passenger data to intelligence about potential plots.

"We live in a world now where no one department of government can be held to be the sole repository of protecting security," Napolitano told the paper in an interview on Monday. "There is a role to be played at every level."

Among the Bush administration programs to be expanded, for instance, is a pilot program to train police to report suspicious behavior such as theft of keys from a facility that keeps radiological waste, the paper said.

In a speech scheduled for Wednesday to the Council on Foreign Relations in New York, Napolitano is likely to also emphasize the President Barack Obama's concern for civil liberties, according to the paper.

[edit on 7/29/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Mabe i'm a little paranoid, didn't the us gov. just bought about 200 million doses of flu vaccine a few weeks ago, and these so called fema camps that where debunked or denied of being there??? and now the military is getting involved??? If you ask me i think these flu shots are death shots..think about it..

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It is Official: WHO Recommends Mandatory Injections to Almost Two Hundred Countries

www.naturalnews.com...

(NaturalNews) Executives from Baxter, Novartis, Glaxo-Smith Kline, and Sanofi Pasteur have seats at the advisory group that on July 13th recommended mandatory H1N1 vaccination of everyone in all 194 countries that belong to the World Health Organization (WHO), according to a report just issued by journalist Jane Burgermeister. WHO spokesperson Alphaluck Bhatiasevi confirmed that Dr. Margaret Chan did not give the press briefing at WHO headquarters in Geneva as anticipated. At short notice, Dr. Marie-Paule Kieny stepped in to announce that "vaccines will be needed in all countries."

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
There is NO emergency as of yet. Now every death is being blamed on this flu.

That is to get you mentally prepared for the real thing they are going to SET LOOSE in the very near future.

hyper fear mongering just couldnt get worse.

I dont think for one minute this is a natural occurance. :shk:

Just sick.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Just saw this on CNN, I don't know what to say really other than nobody is sticking me, my wife, or my kids, with anything while I'm conscious.
Bush pretty much set this up when he suspended Posse Comitatus, we spilled here at ATS and everybody pretty much laughed at us and said we were being paranoid... now watch the American Military become Police, and our fears come to fruition. Crazy stuff man.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I read the entire article on the WHO site. Where are you getting that they are recommending mandatory vaccinations? I only saw that they recommened since it's now considered "unstoppable," that all countries get vaccinations, or other preventative measures to help limit the spread, but nowhere did I see that they recommend mandatory vaccinations.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

(explicit language towards the end)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Now that H1N1 is out and by all accounts (MSM) it's a natural occurring event.

This is what we now have accepted. The masses and the world have accepted this virus came from nature.

This gives the military all the room it needs to modify it into a killer. They will just exclaim it was all a natural mutation. Do you see the danger here?

What really are the odds of all this genetic material coming together in one big cluster f***?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Remember Operation Northwoods was just a proposal too. Yes the CONGRESS not the president has the right to suspend habeas corpus. They can declare martial law yes, but this flu seems to only come about every so often. Last time was 1976. This comes right on the coat tails of the health care bs package.

If it hits a lot of Americans, how much more likely do you think this bill would pass if we had an epidemic here, and mass americans flooded the hospitals?

I disagree with the statement that civilian authorities can't handle it. Since September 11, they have all been working in coordination and running emergency drills to see what they need to improve upon.

There is no need for a proposal like this since we have something called a National Guard. That is why I brought this post to the ATS community. If a military element needs to come into play, the National guard is there. In the event of a mass disaster, the military only needs the Presidents go ahead to assist. Not be a police force, assist.

So again, no need for this proposal so it makes one wonder what is actually going on. Wait for something to happen to draw the publics attention away from this health care bill. Within the next two months something will happen, Probably in September/October when the congress comes back from recess so we are distracted.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

(explicit language towards the end)

HELL YEA DOG!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
First, note that this is a *proposal*, not a law or executive order, yet.

As far as I know, the US has always had the power to declare martial law and have the military take over during an extreme emergency. Having them intervene in a deadly pandemic when millions of people are dying sounds entirely reasonable to me.

Our civilian services aren't up to the task. They lack the organization, communications, and discipline of the military. Jurisdictional bickering and politics would slow everything down to a crawl. In the military, there is none of that. Soldiers are ordered to do stuff; they do it; end of discussion. The Army needs a thousand more troops for LA, they're there, no worries about New York City arguing they need them more, etc.

I am highly skeptical that there will be any sort of forced vaccination, at least of adults. Unfortunately, there may be forced vaccination of children, but I believe this already exists (I have no kids, so I'm not sure). The needs of the group outweigh individual rights, and that's the end of that. Even when the group is wrong.

Another reason I don't think there will be forced vaccination is because from everything I've read so far, vaccine manufacturers are saying they're not going to be able to provide all the desired doses in time for the season's start. That suggests that the vaccine will be triaged, given to those who most need it (first-responders, public workers, kids, etc.). If you're one of those, maybe they'll force you.

I don't think they'll force you at gunpoint. Just like you're required to file your taxes, you'll probably be required to provide evidence you've been inoculated. Lacking that evidence, bad things might happen, such as becoming ineligible to work, disqualified for insurance, fined, imprisoned, whatever. I doubt they'll go to that length, because there will be millions of people who don't want to be inoculated, many because of their religion (Christian Scientists, Seventh Day Adventists, etc.). My guess is that if this thing turns serious, the Government is going to have other things to occupy it besides tracking down "shot-dodgers".

All that stuff about the military being under the control of civilians is a crock, of course. The people with the weapons are always the ones in control. Just keep that in mind when facing someone with an M-16, telling you to something. Kind words and a gun will get you farther than kind words alone.

If there is not going to be a forced vaccination, why has the government ordered enough vaccine to inoculate everyone in the US twice? Based on the short shelf life of a vaccine (both in terms of its viability and its limited effectiveness against a future strains or mutations), storing that much is absurd unless you intend to make everyone take it and soon.

The regular flu kills a lot more people every year and the government doesn't order 600 million doses.

Also, what would be the purpose of the military if not to control people who do not wish to take the vaccine or submit to involuntary quarantine? Just because the US government has always retained the right to declare martial law, this does not mean that their planning to do so is any less serious. This effectively nullifies the constitution. Bush's executive orders regarding continuity of government remain in effect and put the president in the position of a dictator without congressional oversight.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I will not be taking any vaccines better to die fighting. This is all planed and will be played out these idiots think the planet has to many people I for one think they should be the first to go. uweb.txstate.edu...

top topics

join