It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Smarter Than A Chimp? Maybe Not...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I was surprised by this, when I heard the beginning of the video i was thinking hmm it will probably be something less then interesting, but I was shocked by how smart and fast these chimps are.

I guess we as a species aren't nearly as smart as we thought we were....

If you didn't make it to the end of the video, that was 6 different chimps, not just one unique super smart one.

Impressive eh?

[edit on 7/28/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Its amazing how fast the chimps are!
It seems like the chimps have an incredible short term memory and are very responsive (they probably don't have focusing problems like humans do).
I wonder why...it probably has an evolutionary explanation behind.

All I know is that BONOBOS are the future!
If tension starts building up in the community the solution is very simple: MASSIVE ORGY!

Simply fantastic.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
one might find it funny that there was a typo in the headline regarding intelligence.

it should be than, not then.

not a personal jab, just an observation.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yeah, but can they sing?

Each animal species in the world is probably better at something than we are. Does that make them more "intelligent"? Better question: what is "intelligence"?

The best answer I have ever found for that question is, intelligence is a measure of how well you do on intelligence tests. When you look carefully, you see we don't really have a good definition for the word. We know it when we see it, but we can't really identify what it is.

BTW - a properly programmed computer, with the proper interface, could do much better. Does that make the computer "intelligent"? Not really. It's just designed to do that particular job very well. Same with the chimps. They have that particular skill, I suppose because it somehow enhances their survival. They lack other skills, which so far they haven't needed.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
one might find it funny that there was a typo in the headline regarding intelligence.

it should be than, not then.

not a personal jab, just an observation.

nothing like a visit from the local grammar police, its fixed now, you can rest easy tonight.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Am I smarter than a chimp?

Well I would like to think so!

I sling my excrement with a TREBUCHET......

Sorry, OP, I couldn't resist

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

i meant no offence and i didnt meant to be a grammar nazi or anything..just thought it was a little ironic and if i was in a better mood probably would have laughed a little.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Sure chimps beat us, because our brains are already filled with mush. Think about how many times you've had a TV commercial, line of dialogue, etc stuck in your head. Us humans can't be smart because we've been brainwashed, beaten over the head with slogans, subconscious symbolism, and the DUMBEST programming imaginable... Our brains have been filled with mush, so of course we don't have the raw accessible intelligence of these chimps...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Of course their going to do better, ... I bet their given these tests all day, everyday, ... eventualy they catch on to the repeatings patterns of the sequence.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Wow i didn't think so many people would get riled up by intelligent chimps

i thought it was neat, and in no way am I threatened by there intelligence.

[edit on 7/29/2009 by Alaskan Man]

new topics

top topics

join