It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec 21, 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
general opinions? is this a taboo subject, proven to be a fantasy money-maker for the mystical sick? what of this date is real? what does it mean to you? what will fall out of the sky?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zoso
general opinions? is this a taboo subject, proven to be a fantasy money-maker for the mystical sick? what of this date is real? what does it mean to you? what will fall out of the sky?
I've said this many times before and there's no reason it doesn't hold true for this date above...back in 1988 the Christian world was gearing up for the 2nd Coming of Christ due to a pamphlet being circulated entitled, "88 Reason Why The Lords Coming Back In '88"...now really all the book was was mathematical quasi-scientific data but it all sounded real good. Unfortunatelly, He never came. 1989 rolled around and a new pamphlet was released entitled, "89 Reasons Why The Lords Coming Back In '89"...can you guess the 89th reason?

BECAUSE THE LORD DIDN'T COME BACK IN 88

It was all very sad but nothing new...people have been running to the hills (literally!) for centuries because they believed "He" was coming back...people have downed alot of kool-aid in the hopes "He" would return...simply by taking the "He" out of this doomsday equation doesn't make it any less fantastic.

In the UFO Community you have several different types of believers just like in religion...you have the skeptics, the new agers, the doomsdayers, the fence riders, the crazies with their prophecies and coded knowledge that only they're privy to, the quasi-scientists, the pseudo-linguists and last but not least...the hypocrite. Not all believers fall into these categories but most do. You have to be careful when you come across doomsday prophecies like this one.

Good luck.

[Edited on 5-10-2004 by Preest]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It's frequently discussed. I'm with Preest on this one -- all that it would mean if the Maya were alive today (I'm getting this from archaeological sites, not Inspirational Sites) is that they'd be busy carving a new replacement calendar and setting up sacrifices to mark the end of the age -- kind of like our celebrations for January 1, 2000.

And the minute the date passes, there will be people running around and "correcting" the date with a new doomsday date and then finding yet another one. I can't count the number of times the world was supposed to end since 1965.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
21st dec 2012 earth will be desroyed and because of the time warp.mankind will find itself back in the date of 11th nov 1965

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackie loch
21st dec 2012 earth will be desroyed and because of the time warp.mankind will find itself back in the date of 11th nov 1965

What is the signifigance of 11/11/65? You mentioned it twice in this thread. You mentioned a antartic clock with this date. What is it all about?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackie loch

time warp? destroyed?! no... no. really no. goodness no.

Ive heard all kinds of interesting things but time warp?! and I thought the idea of the Annunaki leadership changing hands was a bit out-there...

I think 12/23/12 has more to do with the Sun and its cycles than anything else. The photon belt and stuff like that pertaining to the center of the galaxy is another possibility, but my best guess lies in the influences that the Sun has over Earth

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
We were talking about this in Astrology, but I can't remember what it's called.

Something like, the Earth rotates atthe same time it's axis rotates, causing a 'parralax' motion; because of this the earth's orbit shifts every so often as it winds down.

There's a 'big bump' that occurs every few thousand years, which is what is speculated that the Mayans felt. Last year I read a report that spoke of the climate change, and it had already began years ago, it was just subtle. Supposedly, Michigan is going to have Floridas weather, and Florida is going to have Michigans weather. Go fig.

I wish I still had a copy of that report... I'd scan it and put it up for you guys. my termonology might be wrong when explaining the astrological stuff, anybody care to correct me please?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Alright people , hows it goin?

Ok it all comes down to this choose a date time and location (anywere in the world) put some cappital into some broadcast material, and hand out to general public, why u might ask, well lets look at it.

1. religious fanatasism is one of the most profotable things somone can make money off anywere in the world, because if you can get pleanty of people who believe in somthing you can exploit them,

now i have nothing wrong agenst religion but these so called people who claim to talk to god and charge people $$$ just to listen to somone cold reading to a large audience.

2. the more people belive in what ure saying the more power and control u have over them. it's the simple cult mind controll you see round the world.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Does not account for our modern dating methods.
It is we who have made the correlation between the Mayan Calendar and 12/21/12.

(AlnilamOmega is right to mention 12/23/12. There are some thoughts that the Mayans might be off 2 days)

The Mayans calendar, however, was a system of what is called Long Dates which are 5 places, i.e. 13.0.0.0.0 baktuns.

13.0.0.0.0 baktuns is the date 12/21/12.

I hold to the the theory that 13 was considered an 'unknown number' and this is the reason the calendar ends at that point.

Unless someone shows that there were conditions which caused the Mayans to concern themselves with determining future repeats, I still think this is reason enough.

IMHO,

G

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'd kinda wish that everything would stop/be destroyed, so I wouldn't have to live old.

But I'm #ed up and selfish so... Guess my opinion doesn't really count.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
as we danced at the moment of truth
witchs, wizards, docters of darkness
could be heard.
along with people, animals, trees, which
were no longer living within the walls of life
JL

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
All I can say is that we'll see. We'll see. (For all those who are very old, you can look down from heaven and laugh at our stupidity if we're wrong.)

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Zoso DEC 21, 2012

where did u get this date from???

[edit on 7-3-2005 by mc_killa]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It'll be just like every other day. Im guessing that the same thing will happen that happened on Y2K, absolutely nothing.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
in the x-file they say something about that date too
i don't remember, but i remember fox mulder face when he see the date

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
anubis? you from mont clare?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Funny, there are posts on this site which say that time-travel is immpossible past 2012 and that "gifted" people cannot see a future past 2012. In the interview with Gordon-Michael Scallion he claims that 2012 is the year the Earth will complete a geo-physical poel shift. I wonder if there is some etheric connection or if the real truth of it all is someone once said 2012 was the end of the Mayan calender and now everyone is throwing their 2 cents as to what that means.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
2012,again this topic pops up.Quite an interesting topic though i must admit.Many claim it.But then again many claimed the existence of Niburu and its coming at 2003.Many claimed of the Yeti`s exestence.Many claimed of the world being hit by a meteor late 2004 of lastyear.Many claim that aliens are our "creaters".Many claim.....well you get my point.

Many claim many things.And the only thing we can do is hear them out and wait until these events happen.

Im not saying nothing will happen in 2012.Niether will I say something will.What im saying here is that do not count your chickens before they hatch!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by matthew williams
anubis? you from mont clare?

No. I live near San Bernardino but a little bit further East (Highland) I know where Mont Clare is though. Are you from CA?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
some thig i find strange about the year 2012 is that a bunch of things are said to happen then, john titor says that it will be the begining of WWIII and i think that naustradamous says that something was going to happen then too (it was either WWIII or a commit(and there is also a commit thats said to be on its way and be here sometime around 2012) also the mayans talk about it as being the end of the world or w/e and i think theres some kind of thing about/in the NWO conspiricy about getting started (publicly or something) by the year 2012. i think theirs also like 1 other big perdiction that involves 2012 but i cant remember it right now.

also 2012 is the end of the keyoto accord (im pritty sure) and theirs probibly a lot of other quincedential things that are supposed to happen then

also lets just say for the sake of argument that evrything in the bible was true and that the end of the world is in 2012. that means that the 7 years of tribulation would start now meaning that the next 7 years could be pritty harsh. i believe that to say the least 2012 will be a pritty bad year

[edit on 7-3-2005 by trust_no_one]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join