It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there some truth to the 7/20 Web bot Report??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Greetings

Recently, a fellow ATS member posted a thread concerning the Web bot report that was released on 7/20. The thread in question doesn't seem to work (for me anyways, as I receive a 404 'Not Found' message each time). So, here is another website that had talked about it. Bear in mind that they are no where near as awesome and amazing as many of the minds here on ATS.

Here is their thread:

g odlikeproductions.com/forum1/message843860/pg1

That being said, in the latest Web bot report introduced to us, there is mentioning of "protests mounting." Here is a snippet for ya,

"In the summer, probably in the course of July, we see more and more mass protests, which the media will be characterized as terrorism. In France, Great Britain and the U.S. population, however, increasingly against the media coverage times. More and more people will join local (protest) activities, but also distorted by the world press will be displayed. The anger against the press about the mainstream media lies, for instance, will express in gross mistreatment of journalists, especially of a few well-known TV personalities. "

There was a thread going Sunday night into Monday about the popular Image-Hosting/Forum website known as 4chan. From what I have gathered, many of the users there are hackers, or at least think of themselves as such. As a result of the tactics the users have used in the past, they have ben labeled as "online terrorists" by TPTB over time and often times tend to go against the Societal Grain. (reference to the protestors being called terrorists)

If you are unfamiliar with the site, check out the ATS discussion about it here,

AT&T Reportedly Blocks 4Chan. This Is Going To Get Ugly.

In the end, AT&T issued a statement stating that they had some issues with DDOS attacks, and that they shut down parts of the site temporarily. From what I gathered from our ATS members who fancy the site, AT&T did so without contacting the sites administrators first.

The thread lists issues with time lapsing on AT&T's part in which the time when the issues occurred.

My point is, this is a website that has a relatively large population base, and one that is very tech-savvy to boot. (fact check for size--> HERE )

So, that in mind... Many of the users don't believe the facts 100% and me (personally), I don't think that this issue is over or that it will go away soon. The site's owner, a person known as "Moot," has called off a direct attack on AT&T, however there have been cases in the past of isolated 4chan attacks to servers (popular sites like Youtube and Twitter have frequently been victim... a nice google search will show evidence)

I see the users of 4chan gaining more popular support from the highly sensitive nature of the shut down (it only targeted the image boards and is seen as an action of censorship) and it seems that a large population of ATS members, though never previously exposed to the site, are taking up in support of the 4chan communities plea to be left alone

So...

I think that this may provide a little credence to the possibility of these Web bot reports having some basis of factuality. I don't think that they are a prophetic answer that will let us know what will be, but sometimes you need to take a little leap of faith. As far as the rest of the report goes, I truly hope that none of it goes through, as it is the kind of thing that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

A lil out there, I know. But heck, this is a Conspiracy site so since when are all of our ideas snug inside the box?

-Sliadon

NOTE TO MODS: I am in no way trying to represent or advertise the site mentioned at the top of my post, the reference is merely due to a block to the ATS discussion of the same topic due to a 404 error message. My loyalty in posting is to ATS, and ATS alone.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It's a bunch of nonsense. All they do is read the web, and take all the words, do a bit of funky math based on how often phrases and such show up, and then someone interprets it into some meaning.

Earlier this year they predicted a major earthquake with a 2 or 3 month time frame, and missed completely. On average, there are between 8 and 10 major earthquakes every year. This means it would have actually been harder to predict a time when there is no major earthquake than to predict one. They had like over 80% odds of being right naming any time period, but yet they still managed to miss completely.

About the only thing I've seen that has been right is like on the economy. Which is kind of a no brainier and they were by no means ahead of the curve on predicting that. In fact, as they rely on what people are saying and such, then it can only come from people already talking about it in mass.

Same thing for the other predictions. Whatever people are talking about, it will basically predict.

[edit on 7/28/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
About the only thing I've seen that has been right is like on the economy. Which is kind of a no brainier and they were by no means ahead of the curve on predicting that. In fact, as they rely on what people are saying and such, then it can only come from people already talking about it in mass.
[edit on 7/28/2009 by badmedia]

Very good point Badmedia!

Web bots were originally meant to look into the Financial Market. They are capable of predicting trends very accurately with that purpose. The more "wishy-washy" dealing is with these Web bot Reports dealing with future events - and more appropriately the "gloomy doomy" type. However, as I said in my initial posting, I don't believe them to be a prophetic answer. They [Web bots] rely on key words and because of this, often times the answer given is a very emotionally charged one, that involves extremely outlandish claims.

While these reports can be similar to looking at predictions of Nostradamus and having a lot of convoluted points as to the meaning, I think that the eeriness of the coincidence seems more than a mere coincidence.

-Sliadon

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Alright,

Try this one for speed. Again, I know that much is merely interpretation of the reports... but tell me this one is not a little eerie too.

Regarding UFO's Web Bot sees during the summer of 2009, a growing number of observations and also the possibility that certain evidence about the existence of UFO's and aliens out will bring. In this context we see the actions of a financially successful person as a 'whistleblower'.

I will now direct you to this thread:

Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon!!!

Nasa Vet Buzz coming out about the supposed Monolithic structure on Phobos. While he doesn't say, "Martians or other Alien beings put this here, he does point out the fact that it does not appear to be a natural phenomena.

I'm not saying to put stock into Web bot reports or even claim that their ability to look for trends or collective unconsciousness it real, just to sit back for a moment and think about the odd coincidences taking place in our very volatile world right now...

new topics

top topics

join