It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas woman accused of beheading, eating infant son

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Texas woman accused of beheading, eating infant son

www.seattlepi.com

The 33-year-old woman who police said decapitated her infant son and ate parts of his body had been diagnosed with schizophrenia and postpartum psychosis before the slaying at a North Side home this weekend, the family said Monday.

Otty Sanchez confessed to killing Scott Wesley Buchholz Sanchez on Sunday with a steak knife and two swords before mutilating the corpse and eating body parts that included the brain, nose and toes, police said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm a parent of two healthy grown children. I just don't know what to say but...

WTF is going on?

Where were her family? I mean somebody had to know to keep an eye on her!

I mean seriously! How can Anybody do this to a child? Have we fallen that low? I think after this lady sees all the shrinks then goes to trial they should put her in a cell and throw away the keys.

www.seattlepi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-7-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
What the heelllllll. That is just sick and weird. Someone had to know this lady wasnt in her right mind to raise a kid. Come on.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

That's exactly what I'm saying. I know about postpartum depression and all that. Somebody should have kept an eye on her. If it comes out that some "Social Worker" Dropped the ball they should also face trial for being incompetent.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Sad thing is she was declared crazy by a professional and sent home to her children. Ugh. Sick to my stomach.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Same Source

"You can still be prosecuted if you have some form of mental illness," said First Assistant District Attorney Cliff Herberg. "The test is if you understand the difference between right and wrong. The question is whether or not you know your act is wrong."

link   
This sure is a disturbing story. It will be interesting to see what if any medications she was on and what kind of a mental health history the woman has.

I have long felt people should be licensed to have children. Parenting courses, economic courses, social skills courses, manners and etiquette courses.

Any one can have a child but it seems very few people make good parents in this day and age.

We don’t seem to want to invest in our future anymore, just rob from it, to live it up today.

It shows…more and more.

Very sad story Slayer, let’s not forget either though that infants and small children die by the scores each year from American bombs and landmines in places far, far from home.

Infanticide takes on too many insidious forms in this world, and all of them are wrong.

link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I dont think they should even give her that. What they should do is take her behind the chemical shed and blow her brains out. dont give her a proper funeral just let her lye. the little varmints need a good meal now and again. WTF!!!!

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What troubles me is that the husband (or ex) wants her to be executed. This woman is sick. She needs to be treated. I don't say she should ever be released from confinement again, no matter how well she gets. But she's sick.

Unfortunately, this country (and many others) equate mental illness with being evil, and choose to punish rather than to heal. If it were found that this woman had some visible brain disease, say a tumor, she'd be offered sympathy. But the cause of her illness is likely invisible, some chemical imbalance that completely scrambled her thinking.

What happened was definitely what I'd call "evil", if we want to speak in such terms. But that doesn't make this woman evil. She is as much a victim of this as the baby.

I will say that, knowing the torment I've seen some schizophrenics go through, executing her might be a kindness. And in Texas, she's got a good chance of being killed for her illness.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Please contribute to the current ongoing discussion:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank You. Closing thread.

new topics

top topics

join