It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy of Apathy must End

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Most of us, myself included are increasingly Apathetic.

If you are not lazy, apathetic, or have a negative attitude, this thread is NOT for you, this is for those of us who are.

The more we become involved in these topics, the less we actually get something done.

Does spending all day reading news make us more and more lazy or apathetic? I think it does, at least I have allowed myself to become so. It has even made it easy to allow myself to become cynical and negative.

But part of me is changing, and I am ready to get up off my bum and actually do something. Rather than "Complaining" on the Internet, like so many of us have become so comfortable doing, I am going to get my bum unstuck from the chair.

It is time to go outside the house and drop the irrelevance - and make something of ourselves. Lets get involved and halt the complaining.

Having trouble getting motivated to get up off your butt? Me too! But I have found some really good information that can help us help ourselves.

We must reprogram ourselves! Today! The world needs us, Now!

TPTB do not want us to get off the computer today!
But I think it is time to get up, and do something, anything!

I will check back in tomorrow. But the sun is still up, and I have a life to go live!

If this helps one person eliminate their apathy, than I have done my part to help defeat the Conspiracy of Apathy and Cynicism!

The World needs us to get up and go!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Thank you for these links. We must not let these dark times consume us, otherwise there is no point in even learning the truth. And yes, although I have not actually posted a lot, I have been lurking on this board reading all there is to read for over a year! As I have been doing this I have noticed a shift in my behavior, I have become lethargic.

I always read your posts, as they are the soundest in the areas of reason and logic.

S & F

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
all down to point of view

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I am generally a positive person and I know a lot of people who are very negative but claim to be positive.

This may sound negative; but unless you have something to do then there is nothing to do, you may as well sit on your backside.

[apathy]What is the point of doing anything?[/apathy]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
How about that? I just came back in from a brisk bike ride. The sun is warm, wind is brisk and my brand new bike is getting me around the neighborhood. Its been about 20 years since I rode a bike. Funny how getting back on made me feel young again, free and full of wonder. And it sure beats washing dishes and toilets!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I don't think apathy is the right word for what you want to say.
Wouldn't accommodation be better?
Why is apathy something bad in your perspective?
For me apathy is simply indifference, which is a characteristic of non-attachment.

Can you explain your perspective on this a little bit better?

top topics

join