It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Island May Hold Clues to Earhart's Fate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Island May Hold Clues to Earhart's Fate

news.aol.com

Researchers plan to visit an uninhabited island in the Pacific next spring to search for clues that they hope will solve one of history's most enduring mysteries: the fate of aviator Amelia Earhart.

Researchers with the International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery, which goes by the name Tighar, are slated to go to Nikumaroro Island, about 1,800 miles south of Hawaii, in May and June to retrieve the personal effects of a castaway who died there, ABC News reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Interesting...I can't beleve that with all the high tech stuff we have, here plane hasn't been found yet.

I under stand if it is in the ocean it weould be near inpossible and under heavy tree cover would be impossible to spot also.

I would think that by now some one would have stumbled upon a wreck by now.

news.aol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
oh but they have stumbled upon a wreck!!!!! a small island about 1800 miles south of hawaii or did you not read the OP???? LMao. just kiddin man.. that is some awesome stuff rite there.. probably could close a couple of conspiracy theorys with that.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
oh but they have stumbled upon a wreck!!!!! a small island about 1800 miles south of hawaii or did you not read the OP???? LMao. just kiddin man.. that is some awesome stuff rite there.. probably could close a couple of conspiracy theorys with that.

MessOnTheFED!
lol yeah i read it. i just meant i would think they would have found something sooner.

join