It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ordering Pizza in 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
You guys have to check this out. On the surface, it may seem comical, but I think you should really be able to appreciate the undertones.

It's on the ACLU's site. I'm not a big fan all the time, but I find it pertinent and able to express concerns in a way that really hits home.

Ordering Pizza In 2012

[edit on 28-7-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
That was hilarious! And Scary! That could happen now without the National ID.

We already have Caller ID, Online Crime Reports, MapQuest and Google Earth, Credit Records, Online Banking, etc. etc.

I bet some of the ATS members here could design a program that looked and functioned just like the one in the video. There would be some access problems, but if the customers signed up for a 5% rebate by allowing the company to directly access their banking information, then it could be done today.

I already have a stupid Albertson's Card, and a CVS Card. So, I know people are willing to get their silly rebates!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Wow! I did not laugh at all. This is a very very scary thought and the scariest part is that we are not that far from this. Scary indeed. You may wanna start investing in some privacy technology

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
On the upside, whoever did that believes we'll still be around in 2012, which is a good thing.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueShaman

I guess that is a way to see the glass half full

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Actually, that isn't too different of an interface and information than what Psychic Hotline Operators would use back in the early 1990s when you called those 1-900 numbers that charged by the minute.

Yes, it is wrong and a severe violation of privacy, but even though it was whimsical satire of what could happen, it is already happening and has been happening for quite a long while. The only difference is that the average person is becoming more and more aware of how little privacy they really have in this Information Age.

Still people willingly disclose their demographic data or surrender their privacy for nothing more than a $1 off coupon, 5% savings, or the promise of being entered into a contest to win $1000.

For example:

You go into Taco Bell and pay with your Credit Card. Your receipt prints out with a Web Address you can go to to fill out a Comment Card and enter yourself to win $1000 in their Monthly Contest. In the process of filling out your Comment Card they ask you for the Receipt Number on your Receipt. Even if they don't directly ask for your name, they now have it because they can link the Receipt Number to the Credit Card transaction. They also now have the information you willingly divulged to them as well as the information they can further gain from that small amount of information. You have sold your soul for a 1:10,000,000 chance of winning $1,000 or what comes out to costing Taco Bell .00001 cents for your private data, which they can then turn around and sell to other Demographers for $1.00 per person. They've just made $10,000,000.00 on a $1000.00 prize! Now, Taco Bell and everyone they sell that information to has all sorts of personal data about you. Now imagine how much data that all these businesses you deal with communally collect on you and share with one another!

I only deal with cash and I learned the Point of Sale test codes that work on any P.O.S. system so I don't have to divulge my information to get a sales discount when I shop at Albertsons/Krogers/Fred Meyer/Safeway or any other National Chain with a Buyer's Card. As far as anyone is concerned, I am Tom Jones the lounge-singer.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
hmm. i wrote this 3/15/09
Some of us are thinking the same waves.

check out stand

bob starts scanning his groceries through the hal 2000 checkout system. after scanning all the items, he inserts his debit card. the hal 2000 is the latest, equipped with state of the art artificial intelligence algorithms.

"Hi. Bob, this is hal. thanks for shopping at astute mart."

"yeah hal. my pleasure. can i have my receipt please?"

"oh yes, that's coming, but i would like to make a suggestion."

"ok, go ahead"

"i see that you are trying to make a homemade pizza, Bob. Do you realize that the pizza is costing you $30.00?"

"really? so what?"

"well, bob. you can get a pizza at robototoss for only $9.99 delivered straight to your house at 415 coconut plaza. that is your correct address isn't it?"

"yes, Hal that is my address, but i want to make my own ***ned pizza!"

"bob, am i sensing a little hostility? i see that they are offering a special deal on anger management classes over at the media center. i see that you should have time available after your job at wallyworld, between 5 and 7 on tuesdays. should i enroll you?"

"hell no. give me my ***ned card back"

"ok, bob, i had to check with my supervisor. we have deducted $150.00 from your account and enrolled you for classes. we site the preemptive crisis management act of 2011 as our cause. oh; and by the way, your pizza will be arriving in 30 minutes or less."

" what the hell???"

"Bob, i am sorry to inform you that the $150.00 fee has caused an overdraft in your account. You can not afford that homemade pizza, so those items are being re-shelved. let's see that sucker bounced twice; and, now your account balance is -80.00. did you know that bouncing checks is a misdemeanor? i will have to lock the exits until this is dealt with by the appropriate authorities. how much cash do you have in your pocket?"

" i only have $78.00, you idiot machine!!"

"ok. Bob, please insert the cash."

Bob reluctantly puts his last dime into the machine.

"Thank you Bob. i see that you are $2.00 short. I think you need some legal representation. How bout I refer you to a good lawyer? why this is free, but of course i get a kickback."

"No. i don't want any ***ned lawyer!"

"sorry Bob. I'm really sorry that the pizza is gonna go to waste. you are gonna be detained for a bit. the good news is that you have another paycheck coming. It should be enough to cover your estimated fines; and, hopefully you will be released; after, the automatic deduction. too bad about your job. I would suggest working on that attitude of yours. it's all for your own good. You will thank me after those classes; and, we look forward to serving your psychotropic pharmaceutical needs in the future. we will be mailing your card to you after reprocessing. thank you and have a nice day."

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Very well done

Sadly all of this can be found on facebook alone for most people.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Reply to post by ogbert

Not too unbelievable. Would reduce crime. No one could run from the Man in Blue. Of course the downside is robots and computers taking jobs from humans. And then there is the hacker who causes it all to go haywire. I, Robot made factual. And to think the source of our laziness, the remote control, led to such a world. Women will be forced to give birth at such at rate they never live past 28. Through artificial insemenation of course, since sex will no longer be used to procreate. The men will be ground up for fuel to be used by machines. Blah blah blah, anyhoo no matter what scenario the future holds it will not be good. All civilizations fail eventually and sin only lasts for a season and nature figures out a way to thin the herd. If the Tribulations do not happen soon then the sun will go crazy or a asteriod will hit Earth or one of the many warring nations will scorch Earth with a nuke or a plague will kill millions. Life will not always be peachy-king. Just ask anyone who was working at the WTC on 9 11.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueShaman

What's so good about being around in an invasive, authoritarian, survaillance society? It's pretty bad already and only getting worse.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

I am certain this will happen.

Might take a little more time to make people accept it but I guarantee it will happen without a doubt.

It would not surprise me if they eventually make us all use toilets that analyse your waste, if you have a had a drink the night before it alerts your insurance company and results in incresed premiums for life insurance or medical bills etc.

The shocking thing is that most people would not be shocked by this and when that is the case its the next generations reality.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truthseeker31
What's so good about being around in an invasive, authoritarian, survaillance society?

For me, being alive in 2012 sure beats being dead due to world depopulation/death camps/food poisoning/flu vaccines/WW3/solar flares/nibiru/planet x or any other prediction doing the rounds on ATS.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Interesting topic! Freaky video. It seems the Govt is already planning to tax "fattening food".

www.cnn.com...#/video/health/2009/07/29/nr.romans.fattening.food.tax.cnn

new topics

top topics

join