It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Like School Swine-Flu Shots

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Wow Frat, I am sorry to hear that. Is your daughter doing Ok? Our son responded to the ACTH and Topamax very well, although he has a lot of catching up to do! He just started to walk this past week or so. We feel very fortunate, but now we are a little paranoid about everything.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The OP premise seems very strange to me, as I seriously do not know one person IRL that is willing to take the vaccination.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
The OP premise seems very strange to me, as I seriously do not know one person IRL that is willing to take the vaccination.

Really? That is encouraging, but IRL almost everyone I know will line up!

Not my family, but all of my co-workers (Dept. of Health, LOL!), and my sister-in-laws, their families, my wife's parents, my ex-wife's family will be looking to get it asap.

The original link says that 2/3 rds of parents are happy about it, and my later link from today shows that "most" people are rushing to get it before it runs out!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Wow Frat, I am sorry to hear that. Is your daughter doing Ok? Our son responded to the ACTH and Topamax very well, although he has a lot of catching up to do! He just started to walk this past week or so. We feel very fortunate, but now we are a little paranoid about everything.

My daughter turned out fine and recovered without any form of treatment, although she still has nightmares at least once a week about the CAT & MRI Scans, even 10 years later. She has never had a seizure or spasm since then, and we do have some pretty spiffy scans of her brain as keepsakes.

However, my daughter has since then been labeled as "emotionally disabled" and is kept about 3-4 years behind academically from her peers even though she is capable of doing Physics and some Calculus in the 7th Grade...yet they give her 3rd Grade work because of her disability. There is a part of me that wonders if this emotional disability isn't because of the adverse reaction to the DTP Series. She doesn't show classic signs of Autism which is common to those who have adverse reactions to DTP, but shows symptoms more similar to Aspergers. The psychologists at the school haven't been able to get a clear diagnosis even after 5 years of observation that conforms with anything found in the DSM IV, so they just give her disability a generic label.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

I'm afraid my son is heading down a similar road. He is only 19 months, and he is off all medicines now and functioning normally, but he has some pretty severe anger and outbursts. It doesn't look like autism so far. He is also classified as disabled. If they decide to hold him back, I will probably homeschool. I hope it is all cleared up before that though.

His came on within days after his 5-month vaccinations. My wife took him to the doctor after the second day of the 'spasms'. The doctor dismissed it, but he wound up in the ER about a week later, and luckily a young ER doc saw one of the spasms and gave us the bad news!

Catching it quickly and getting him on the medicine seems to have helped a lot. The Neurologist is very optimistic, and he specializes in this affliction.

It is a shame that we cannot trust our doctors and pediatricians to look out for us! They are in the pockets of big pharm, or they are just plain lazy!

With the internet, I feel more comfortable being sick, doing my own research and diagnosis, and then calling the doctor and telling him what treatment I want. I finally found a doctor that is ok with that!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join