It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the names of my exes contain a pattern?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I was married to a girl named Andrea. We have been separated for almost 3 years. I'm in the process of finally getting a divorce. (Had to save up $)

About 9 months ago I got involved with a girl named Emilee. Behind my back, she started to date other people. I found out a few nights ago from another friend that she has been seeing another guy for "a few weeks"

That's fine. I want the both of them to be happy. It does hurt losing someone close though. I had high hopes for both of them in their respective time-frames. This is not the point though.

The thing that struck me as odd was, the FIRST and LAST letters of my wife's name was "A" - Andrea. Same thing with Emilee. - "E"

A E I O U = English vowels

Does this mean I need to be wary of someone I meet that has an "I" for the first letter of her name and an "I" for the last letter?

Or could this is a sign that I'm getting an "I" "O" "U" from a higher power? As in I owe you (IOU)?

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Cale, Logan]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
We're genetically predisposed to seek out patterns. It's something that can help us make sense of the world. Unfortunately, it can also have us draw false conclusions about data that are completely incongruous.

You can also note that both first names contain 6 letters. This means that if the next relationship you have is with a lady who has 6 letters in her first name...

There's always a danger in misinterpreting things we see as correlation when in fact no correlation exists. I'd hate for you to miss out on a wonderful relationship with a beautiful Finnish girl named Inari.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cale, Logan

all the relationships I've had in my life have been with guys with christian names beginnin with P
All of them

And they've all been disasters !!!

So yep, you could be onto somethin here
Be afraid---be VERY afraid !!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Very nice point about the number of letters!

This just struck me as a weird coincidence. I doubt if I met a girl named Inari (5 letters), or any similar name, that I would just just totally disregard her because of how her name was spelled.

I guess the point I'm trying to get across is, Has anyone else been in this same boat?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Thank you!! This is the kind of thing I'm inquiring about!!! Could there be a pattern????

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Hi again

I personally believe there could well be a pattern.
Its soooooo goddam weird that all the guys in my life had the letter "P"

And like you in a way, all those relationships were doomed to fail !!
My current one, yep again a "P" is yet another disaster.

Maybe we should both learn from this and pick our next relationship very very carefully

x

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Oh---forgot to mention---
You should really be ok, cos the "I" "O" and "U" chicks are going to have extremely weird names to fit your pattern.
I envy you on that

Out there, for me, is a minefield of pauls and petes n stuff !!!!
Aaaaaargh.
Can we swap places please ??

new topics

top topics

join