It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buying A Used Car ---> Advice Please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'm in Arizona, USA

So I'm trading in my truck for something more economical.

I need some advice on what "Makes" & "Models" you guys recommend.

Also I heard you don't need to get your car emissioned tested if your car is 2003+ is that true?
As mine is a 2002, and I have to take it in every year.

My current truck:
Ford F250
Short Bed
Extended Cab
7.3L
4wd
Power Windows
4spd Auto

I'm currently paying $450+ a month for my truck, and want to get my next car with payments below $200.

Also is there any rebates, deals, scams, etc... that I should be aware of...?

Thank You

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Use the Governments money.

They're giving up to $4500 towards the purchase of a new car that gets good gas mileage.

Using that money, along with rebates and other incentives, you might actually be able to get a brand new car for a very nice payment.

Now, if that doesn't work, any used car that you look at, ask for a Carfax report. This will give the entire history of the car. If they won't give it to you, just get up and leave, tell them you must know what you're getting for your money.

Or, tell them you want to take the car overnight and have your mechanic check it out.

Also, find out the value of your vehicle you're trading in... Kelly Blue Book is a good indicator, but remember, they're in it to make money, so they'll most likely offer about 1-2 thousand less than what KBB does.

Good Luck and be sure to come back and let us know what you got.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I have all the rebate information you want if you tell me what kind of new car you are looking for. I can search up the information for you no problem.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Cool you guys, thanks for the quick replies.
We're going to the dealership next monday/tuesday.

I'm wondering what my trade in value would be or how much my truck would knock off or raise the cars' price, again here is my truck with more detailed info...

My current truck:
Ford F250
Short Bed
Extended Cab
7.3L
4wd
Power Windows
4spd Auto
105k miles
5in exhaust
$2k stereo system
cold air intake
tuner
custom bumbers

I owe like $10k on it probably less, like $9k probably.

I'm thinking about maybe a chevy, toyota, honda.

Anything that with a year of 2003+, great mpg, automatic, less than $200/month

I need something more economical, I'll get a truck latter on, but for now, I need a high mpg car.

?

I will be sure to ask for a carfax report.
Is it free?
How much?
Does it take a couple days to get the carfax report?

[edit on 28-7-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Solofront

I didn't notice the used cars part. I only know rebates for new cars.

But since you are looking for used cars, I know a service that can help you.

www.usedcars.com...

All you need to do is put in your zipcode, and it will automatically search some/all of the local used car dealers for you. You can also fill out a form and have the dealer contact you about the cars etc to get it started or get questions answered.

Carfax costs money, but sometimes a dealer will include the report as a selling part. If you buy it online, I think it's like $10, and you will get the report instantly.

However, for free you can go to carfax.com and put in the vehicle VIN, and find out if it has any reports. You only need to pay to see the individual reports. So if it has 0 reports, then no point in really paying for the report.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
you guys get the bmw 118d over in the us? that's a great car, i have one in auto and it's fast but still gets 52+ mpg combined (that's in english gallons by the way)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join