It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani Children Forcibly Recruited as Taliban Bombers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Pakistani Children Forcibly Recruited as Taliban Bombers

ISLAMABAD — Security forces have rescued several children forcibly recruited by the Taliban, allegedly to be used as fighters or homicide bombers, and there could be hundreds more like them, an army official said Tuesday.

. . .

Late Monday, North West Frontier Province Senior Minister Bashir Ahmad Bilour said security forces had rescued dozens of children aged 6 to 15 who the Taliban were allegedly training as homicide bombers.

"They are prepared mentally. They say that Islam is everything for them. They say they are doing it for Islam. They say they have to carry suicide attacks for the sake of Islam," Bilour told private Geo TV.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's very disturbing to me that these children have been brainwashed into thinking they have to carry out suicide attacks for any reason, let alone for Islam. This is the kind of nonsense that has been going on in that region of the world for quite awhile. While everyone's busy pointing fingers at soldiers from the US, children are being abducted by their own countrymen and brainwashed into thinking that it's a good thing to go blow yourself up in a crowded place.

I just hope these kids can go on to have a normal life and not be so mentally damaged that it becomes impossible to live their lives.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a Canadian army friend of mine just told me a story the other day of a watchtower guard in Afghanistan noticing a child fighting with an adult, crying and otherwise very upset. After a bit, the child walked up to a group of soldiers and the man who he was fighting with detonated him.

Stories like these do not generally make it into the news. It is thought that for every 1 casualty that is reported, there are 20-30 severe injuries that are not.

The fight in Afghanistan cannot be won. What are we even doing there in the first place? Fighting terrorists? Please.

*spelling*

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Tamale_214]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Karzai: Afghans want rules for troops changed

"The Afghan people still want a fundamentally strong relation with the United States," Karzai said. "I also know and the Afghan people also know that the presence of international troops in Afghanistan is bringing stability to Afghanistan."

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

That kind of fits into the thread I had going yesterday on HAMAS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamale_214
a Canadian army friend of mine just told me a story the other day of a watchtower guard in Afghanistan noticing a child fighting with an adult, crying and otherwise very upset. After a bit, the child walked up to a group of soldiers and the man who he was fighting with detonated him.

Sounds like the child knew he was being sent off to die for nothing and wanted to back out of it. Suicide bombings are cowardly to begin with, sending children to do it for you is even more cowardly.

new topics

top topics

join