It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Had the Last Original Thought?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
reply to post by mr-lizard

I bought a bike from walmart a couple of weeks ago. Instead of pushing it to the cashier, I rode it through the store. By the time I left, every face I saw had a great big smile on it. Mission accomplished!

Hahaha good stuff. I like it

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
grass that only grows 3 inchs in height would save people having to cut it...

wheel chairs that have the same type of base as an office swivel chair for indoor use , so that people can move freely about a room..

shower head extender for large people so that the shower head can be above them..

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
wheel chairs that have the same type of base as an office swivel chair for indoor use , so that people can move freely about a room..

That's a very good idea.

I like it.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

I concur Mr. Lizard. That is a great idea. You dear one, are a genius. But you may want to patent those ideas before posting next time. I would feel bad for you if I turn on the boob tube tomorrow and see your idea on one of the telemercials!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
reply to post by fatdad

I concur Mr. Lizard. That is a great idea. You dear one, are a genius. But you may want to patent those ideas before posting next time. I would feel bad for you if I turn on the boob tube tomorrow and see your idea on one of the telemercials!

I dont know if you are in the UK but they used to have an inventors advert, it asked people to call for a free inventors pack etc.

I was making my breakfast one morning when the fat from some bacon was burning the back of my hand. I tried to put an oven glove on but it was not flexible enough to use. I thought of an idea for a half glove with a strap that would cover either the back or front of your hand, good for chefs etc or other uses.

I got my inventors kit, filled it out and sent it away.

I never heard anything back, the inventor company told me they never recieved it despite me having a recorded delivery, but around a year or so later I got a call from a family member telling me to turn the tv on. There was a guy on a chat show that had just made over $2 million dollars after selling the exact same idea to JML, I am sure it was JML anyways.

It happens.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
i was also think you could have a power pack that is charged by a bike dynamo when you are driving your bike and that can be used to charge a mobile phone\laptop \ipod etc.. would be handy for those people who go touring on bikes in the country have no means of charging there gadgets....

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Who had the last original thought? Um, it was me... yesterday at 2:33 PM - I thought about opening a juggling ice-cream pizzaria where all the waiters and waitresses dressed as sad clowns, juggled knives and served ice-cream pizza pies. Now THAT is original!!!

Now seriously, I fail to understand the premise of your thread. Millions of people derive original thoughts every second of every day all around the world. There were literally BILLIONS or original thoughts just in the time it took me to type this response. So, please, if you would be kind, clarify what you are asking. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

I've often thought of this very question.

It seems everything has been thought of.
And to me it seems this is why we're seeing Hollywood recycle movie ideas so much.

But, on the flip side. I bet when we all thought the Earth was flat, someone may have considered that there's no more original thought left.
And then look what happened. lol

I am sure there's things we have yet to sense that might cause an original thought....well for a human anyway.

Hmmm

I wonder if original thought even exists?

I mean to us something might seem original, but to a being from another dimension...this might all be like preschool to them.

It's kind of paradoxical because in this universe the end is the beginning and vice versa (I surmise) so that means there is and there isn't original thought. So, it hasn't been thought of and it has all been thought of before.

Hard concept to grasp.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I felt like I did when I made the equation in my avatar:

PI by the Square Root of Circle to the Power Of Infinity.

I wanted this to be a symbol or art more than anything, but while I was contemplating my theory on everything (for a Aqua Teen Hunger Force type cartoon) I found that rattling around up there.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join