It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd lights on Ottawa River spur search

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for word from the Ottawa Traffic Cam guy. I'll let you know...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by briantaylor
Hi guys, theres' a link to local tweets on one of my posts earlier...

I've also been typing ottawa river ufo into twitter.com with some results
but I think that chatter is dying down

This might be interesting
www.ottawasun.com...
This story says that CFB Rockcliffe is closing forever, Friday, that in and of itself is a little weird. But it gets' better, they were gonna have a party, with fireworks and everything, then the DOD said, "No, you can't do it now." (The story doesn't state why.)

The soldiers arranging the party complained loud and long enough that the DOD capitulated but not until it was too late and the insurance had been cancelled, etc.

Connection?

This post made me think of what a friend of mine said today about it was probably some drunk army guys who got loaded and shot a missile off for fun.
I could see how the fireball could have got one last shot of fuel and looked like it gained control and shot off for awhile b4 going down and making a big boom.
Lets keep diggin.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Accuroman contacted me and asked kindly for the translation of the report found here.

As a fellow ''french canadian'' (arrrrrg....) I feld it was like a duty to help.

It goes like this :

continued from page 1

It seems that the repeated calls about the same subject must make sense and
the object must be somewhere in our district. For certain, the search made in this
field (translation note: in the sense of corn field) has not been successfull because everyone wanted to find this thing. They are not
to blame.

Commentary:

Sir, I desire to inspect this thing from closer because this disturb me a little. This is also the demand of many others in the group.

Sureté Lucerne, Aylmer.
Constable Jean Tremblay

A few notes after reading this ... his french is awfull ... even worse than my english could be. There is a lot of simple grammatical and spelling mistakes. Either the policeman who wrote that is not very good at writting, or he is not so fluent in french (but to his defence, french is a pretty complicated language for grammar and spelling and I forgot how it was with the old typewriter)

Another thing that stuck me as odd. It is signed by a Constable Jean Tremblay ... I just like to point out that Jean Tremblay is like John Smith in the US ... it is probably the most common name for people 40 to 65 years old.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Ok now i will post the parts of the National Archives page by page because you have to look at the whole file by scrollin with the arrows on ether side of the page #
the documents have been recently disclosed and the relevant ones to the case of 1971 are

newspaperclippings:
navigation pg#32
www.collectionscanada.gc.ca...

newspaperclippings2:
navigation pg#33

I did not think i would have the energy to translate the Aylmer police report but i could not sleep thinking about all this so i did it and will post it next.

frenchpolicereportpart1:
navigation pg#34

frenchpolicereportpart2:
navigation pg#35

fullinvestigation1:
navigation pg#36

fullinvestigation2:
navigation pg#37

note from a residentofontario:
navigation pg #38

i did the translation of the Aylmer police report part #1-#2 navigation pg#34- pg#35 will post it next.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
frenchpolicereportpart1:
navigation pg#34

Translation to english:

POLICE SERVICE
Lucerne Aylmer nature of the event
a ball of fire that crashed on mr nesbit's field

information
considering the weather was bad, we were all on ground, weather was ugly.
calls were coming from all over the gatineaus that night.

Then one of the callers said there was a plane that crashed on mr. Nesbitt's field
as soon this call was done the phone rang again and then immediatly another, always the same story, last call i took scared me because the person could not confirm what they saw in the sky.

without wasting a second all cars were rushed to the site of the sinister.
at the site we could see nothing but blowing snow and it was totally blinding our view

I was on my way back to the station when a lady drove up her car to me to let me know
that the man that lives at: 77 louisbourg aylmer had seen everything
so i went to that fixed adress and at my arrival there i was greeted by a lady that said that she also had witnessed the incident

i asked her what it was that she had saw and her answer was as written:
I was in the kitchen, when this thing, i dont know what exactly , fell from
the sky. It had a North-South trajectory and it looked like it landed in the bushes not far from the house, the object was on fire until it came close then 60 seconds before landing it turned to a light amber color before it touched the ground.

it worried me because i thought i saw with my own eyes a glare coming from that general area. but you know sometimes our eyes can play bad tricks on us.

after i went back to the base to find
out that my presence at the scene was not needed cst. Gagnon was there with the v.a.10

after this the snowmobiles were called at the scene to gather of the whereabouts of this gost plane.
They found nothing and came to the conclusion that it was a meteorite and that they took down electrical lines that are in the middle of the road.

As i was writing mr. cst. Auger received a call from a local resident that said he worked for the army forces of Canada
said the object was a meteorite after all and that according to him and past experience the light it was giving out was not pointing out the exact area where it crashed because usually the light
is at one place and the object in another.

frenchpolicereportpart2:
navigation pg #35:

following from pg #1

It appears that we received multiple calls about the same story and details leads to believe that the object is surely somewhere in our district.

one thing for sure we found nothing on the field, because all searching wanted to get the honor of finding it. and they did not blame me.

mr. i would like to see this thing
more closely because this bugs me
a litle bit and this is also the request of others at the station.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by accuroman

accuro,
far be it from me to criticise,
but i believe you are one of the people we have on the ground, in the area,
n'est pas?
So, it should stand to reason, that, if we are to get to the bottom of this, and if getting to the bottom of this requires having people in the area, then if we are to get to the bottom of this it will require having people in the area.

This means you, drums, etc, the locals, must find the answers.

The proof is in the truth and the truth is in the proof.

Sorry, I'm just trying to be constructive...
Tell me to gotohell: if u want

[edit on 31-7-2009 by briantaylor]
i get the relevance if the historical record

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Don't feel pressured into anything lads you are doing a fine job im sure you have got other things to do but in your spare time look in to it it is strange them taking the tree away.
Even if we don't find out the truth is sure was fun but it's not over yet.
Did you say you had film of were the tree or bush were.
Edit spelling

THANKYOU

[edit on 063131p://2009-07-31T06:29:33-05:00317 by mars1]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

I agree and I am trying.
I met with someone last night but the only info I got was a military chopper over their area which was residential and that we already knew.
I am going out again tonight to see who else i can talk to.
I was a bit useless last night because I forgot to eat all day and was running on empty.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

ok i am a bike messenger and bike all day long, i would love to miss work and
go to the site and spend my day there interviewing everybody in the surrounding area. especially that i know locals in the area because yes i grew up there. i have being on the site twice this week and plan on going around saturday to see who i can talk to.

i do tho think that this case from 71 can not be dismissed and if i dont sleep once in ahwhile i will fall on my face and i wont be of any help then

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I added a bit of what I can salvage from the tape with all the noise.
Its full entirety is 23 minutes so i will cherry pick the stuff I can hear and upload more of peoples version of events.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

I seemed to have lost the first lady talkin to me when I uploaded this one.
Any ideas on how to control that so I can see the first interview??
It looks like only 4 videos will show at a time and I have 5 on there now and can't find the first vid.

Edit to add...Thats Accuroman on that one,not me.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by accuroman

This one
Just go to your media page and at the side of your name it says media yours it says 5 just click that and it show all media hope that helps.
I have done it again replied to the wrong person this is for drums sorry.

THANKYOU

[edit on 083131p://2009-07-31T08:23:47-05:00317 by mars1]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Thanks alot man.I am still new to the media site so am still a bit unsure of how it goes.

I went through the 23 minutes and I don't have much more info from it.
Its about 15 minutes in french which is barely audable and then a conversation with a gentleman from the green party about China and the electric car conspiracy.
so I think thats a tad off topic.

Last night I also took some shots of the buildings across the river in hopes that I can have the buildings identified in order to see if I can talk to someone who might have witnessed the event.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm not a sceptic by any means. I live about 2km from GZ (richmond & Carling Ave area). I also drive by Shirley's Bay Campus every day on my way to work (Kanata). About 7 km from GZ. There is lot's of military activity near the Connaught firing range which is beside Shirley's Bay Campus. What the witnesses saw was a military flare...nothing more...nothing less. Sorry to burst your bubble folks.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ragh61

That doesn't explain the loud boom that shook peoples houses.
Look at what the people I have interviewed have said.Those stories rule out an army flair.
Sorry to burst your bubble m8.
Welcome to ats.

Edit to add link to witnesses.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ragh61

That could not of been a military flare there was a search they don't call searches for flares and I'm sure they checked for military activity same as they checked for unaccounted airplanes.
That's just my opinion anyway.

THANKYOU

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

UFO expert finds crash 'strange'

The strange light in the sky Monday night could have been a meteorite, a Manitoba UFO researcher says.

But Chris Rutkowski said he would be curious to talk to witnesses to know exactly what they saw.

"I can't imagine what it might be," he said, adding he finds it "very strange" that witnesses reported the light going into the water, which is a rare occurrence.

"I'd want to talk to the people who saw the lights," Rutkowski said, noting that the loud sound people reported was probably coincidental.

Rutkowski said the Ottawa River has seen odd incidents going back as far as the 1960s.

cnews.canoe.ca...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by ragh61

That doesn't explain the loud boom that shook peoples houses.
Look at what the people I have interviewed have said.Those stories rule out an army flair.
Sorry to burst your bubble m8.
Welcome to ats.

Edit to add link to witnesses.

Alymer Witness:

"I too heard a very loud bang preceded by a brief whistling noise which made me think, at first, that it was fireworks," said Jeffrey Vachon, who lives near the river in Aylmer. "However, I strongly suspect that what occurred was not a plane crash but rather a meteroite hitting somewhere near the Deschenes Rapids/Ottawa River area."

The above witness confirms for me that it was not a UFO but instead of military flare or meteroite. The military flare being the most likely. The Connaught firing range on the south shore of the Ottawa river (just west of GZ) is well within the range of the Britannia Water Filtration plant. Military flares travel a fair distance and when it is aimed at the right angle it will no doubt hit the river near GZ. A military flair make a brief whistling noise, followed by a pretty loud bang when it goes off (illuminates/glows).

Also i live as close or closer to GZ then some of the witnesses and i heard nothing. I was awake watching TV at that time...the windows were open. I suspect that the witnesses are making this bang seem louder and stronger then what it actually was.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I just placed an ad asking anyone who saw anything to contact me.
Thanks to the op for giving me that idea.

I think I am gonna try to place a few more just to play the odds.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
morning lads,
thanks for taking my request the right way,
i know you're human and have regular lives to lead,
just trying to keep on task
thought you might like to see that we're not going to get anywhere with traffic cams, we have to find private cams that caught something,

i, FOR ONE, WON'T ACCEPT ANY EYEWITNESS TESTIMONY AS PROOF,

gotta see it with me own eyes,

anyway, here's what the city sent me.

via email

Hello,

It does not appear the the cameras in the area were able to catch any relevant information. However, if you wish to obtain a copy of the video you need to make a request through MFIPPA. The process and any information related to it can be found on the City of Ottawa web site at the following location.

ottawa.ca...

The links to the forms and other information can be found by clicking on "Access to Information" near the bottom of the page or at the following location.

ottawa.ca...

Furthermore, the video is stored in a proprietary format and can only be viewed using software that we have. Once the process is complete, you will need a copy of the encrypting/decrypting software to view the video that you have requested.

If you have any other questions with regards to the traffic cameras, please let me know. If you have questions regarding the MFIPPA process, a representative from that office would be the best person to provide answers.

Kevin McLaughlin
Traffic Operations
City of Ottawa
175 Loretta Ave N, Ottawa
Ontario, Canada, K1Y 4L8
613-580-2424 x23080
[email protected]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: July 29, 2009 4:19 PM
To: Traffic
Subject: lights in the sky? explosions?

Hello, I'm investigating the "mysterious" event of Monday night.
Here's a link to the story on cbc.
www.cbc.ca...

I am currently contacting those in ottawa who have webcams that might have caught something.
That would include traffic cams south of mud lake that face north,
possible cams could be those near Carling and Pinecrest.

Don't know if your cams get recorded, but if they do, and if you can, take a look at about 10pm monday night.

Sorry if you've had a million emails like this.

Thanks
Brian Taylor

let's keep diggin.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Well done briantaylor the cams don't have to be right next to the area but not too far away and facing in the direction the object came in.
And DrumsRfun an add is a good idea worth a shot anyway.

THANKYOU

[edit on 113131p://2009-07-31T11:24:53-05:00317 by mars1]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join