It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd lights on Ottawa River spur search

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheValiantThor

I would love to think its a disc but at this point I am not really sure and don't think I should speculate on it that much to say its anything..we still don't know anything yet.
I would be happy to look into it more and thats about all I can speculate on.
It could still be a number of things.
A sonar look would be better then sitting here at our computers I can say for sure.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Way to give the thread a shot of "juice" Great videos.. Keep it up.

I haven't heard from the Dr. Keenan after requesting confirmation and more info on his sighting. Would be nice to get some good reports as to the shape of the lighted pattern in the sky and its speed. I will send him another email. He had 3 friends with him as well.... would like to know if the sighting looked odd or suspicious to them...

I would also like to see the tree site.... I' m 3 hours away.... this is very interesting and almost in my back yard.

I wouldn't think the waterway in the area is off limits, but the current does look challengeing! Be careful and make sure the vessel is up to the task.

If the underwater object is picked up on the fish finder.. mark the spot with a GPS ... Maybe a second adventure with a metal detector... will rule out " a bunch of logs... a big rock... etc." I understand most meteors have metalic composits.... as well as disks..( maybe.. or not..) Are they magnetic? Hey! how about a big speaker magnet on a rope....Everybody got their life jackets on?

A search for metal detectors turned up many types ... some with 100'cable under water capabilities... it would probly need to be weighted to over come the swift current. A guy I contacted on KiJIJI(Peterborough) who rented metal detectors did not have one ...he suggested trying a dive shop... Currents probly to fast for scuba divers

Did any wittnesses actually see it enter the water .... man we need a cam video.. hope something turns up..

PS.. Take extra rope ... and extra magnet... first one may get stuck in rocks... I wonder what the bottom is... I read that the banks were mud.. but he bottom may be erroded down to the Canadian Shield (rock on..) A mud bottom would really suck ...

bucknet

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Bucknet]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Please, DrumsRfun or Accuroman, could you tell me the exact location of the bunker...I live in gatineau, and I wold want to go investigate like real close to the bunker....you can tell me the Google Earth location if you want.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
hey valiant thor,
you say in yer video that people were intimidated and video was confiscated, can you be more specific, as specific as possible?

thanks,

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
don't know if he's here, (i mean a member)
but chris north is going to be interviewed by cbc about this event
I also sent letters to every news agency in ottawa, hopefully, it will snowball and we'll get some answers. keep your eyes on the papers and your ears on the news radio

chris's facebook group is here
www.facebook.com...#/group.php?gid=138967943781&ref=mf

or just goto fb and search out ottawa river ufo

if anybody would like a copy of my obviously effective letter to use lemme know.

edit - if it sounds like I'm bragging it's because I am

[edit on 6-8-2009 by briantaylor]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
here's another link from the ottawa skeptics society,
it is a very good article speculating from a non-ufo angle about what it could be that happened, favouriting home-made bomb prank.

www.ottawaskeptics.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deep Thoughts
Please, DrumsRfun or Accuroman, could you tell me the exact location of the bunker...I live in gatineau, and I wold want to go investigate like real close to the bunker....you can tell me the Google Earth location if you want.

Thanks.

JUst to bump this.

If I find a way to go at the bunker, I will sure make a thread with pics and videos, I just need the location, please help me.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I just called Accuroman and he can tell you better then I can.
He will check this thread when he gets home later.
If you can tell me why its there and what its used for i would appreciate that.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

Why is Chris North being interviewed by cbc?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Response to drums and to all:

I wrote a letter Titled Ottawa River UFO Investigators need your help...
In the letter I tell of our work here, and mention that others are investigating too, like Chris North, whom I assumed was ATS, but I have since learned he is not. My mistake in thinking that, but my goal was to explain to the public that the investigation was ONGOING and we weren't going to let it die.
I then sent it to every news agency in Ottawa that I could find.

The only one that responded was CBC Ottawa, asking me to call for further info. I did. The lady I spoke with thanked me for calling but they had already spoken to Chris North. I knew Chris was one of the FB Youtube guys, so I said, "That's great, if you spoke to Chris." She said "Chris said something about you being from Vancouver, so that is outside our jurisdiction." I said, "That's no problem, we all want the same thing, to figure out what happened that night." or some such nonsense.
We parted ways cordially and that was that.
I have spoken with Chris and encouraged him to read this thread, as well as given him a copy of the letter so that he knew what I had said. That being, a brief summation of the factual observations of this thread.

It is true that the letter has a strong "cheerleading" element to it, It's very "Team ATS." And while I make no apologies for subscribing to the philosophy of this organisation, I remain reluctant to post the letter in it's entirety. (It feels a little, Jerry McGuire...) The main tantalizing tidbits I offer from our work here are:
1.) Eyewitness reports range from small plane to shooting star.
2.) Reports of Military Helicopters conducting a search the night of the incident.
3.) NLE09
4.) CFB Rockcliffe closure story.

I explain there are other points available and I direct readers to ATS FB and youtube.
I ask the public to to offer every account they can and especially find photographic evidence.

Hopefully CBC does interview Chris and he knocks them dead.

BE CAREFULL ON THE BOAT THE COPS SAID IT WAS RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING, (OR END) OF THE RAPIDS.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Wonder who did this?

Exclusive: Secret Canadian Government Documents show US/CA UFO Coverup

After the Inquisitr covered an incident earlier this week where an Unidentified Flying Object crashed into the Ottawa River near Ottawa, Ontario Canada
, we received a mysterious email from someone in possession of thousands of previously classified Canadian government documents revealing how the government would deal with the UFO phenomenon should one land on Canadian soil.

Read more: www.inquisitr.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
apparently, police called off the the search because
they re-interviewed three witnesses and discovered
"nobody saw a plane."

funny how three people = everybody
to a cop

www.avcanada.ca...

I guess the case is closed now eh?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The story continues to spread in UFO circles.
This article doesn't add much, except to imply that we're fighting a DELIBERATELY fashioned "up hill" battle.

www.--.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Thanks.

JUst to bump this.

If I find a way to go at the bunker, I will sure make a thread with pics and videos, I just need the location, please help me.

Here is the exact location of the bunker,
(45.448458,-75.768237)
just look it up on google map or google earth.

I have the impression that it might be a communication base for the police or the military.
also if you are in the area check out the hidden entrance of the bunker (45.44556,-75.771074)

you might want to ask the ncc information center what they know about the bunker,maybe its not that secret after all.
(45.4402,-75.761547)

good luck and keep me posted.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Sorry guys but we have nothing.
The guy who was supposed to call us with the boat hung us out to dry...as I suspected he would.

Thanks Chris North.

He was kinda back tracking when I e-mailed him but I still had a bit of hope he wanted the truth as we do.
I guess he isn't much of a team player.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
unless you are a team of professional divers, those on a boat would only be able to tell if "something" was down there.
Boat or not, we're not interested in some "thing" are we?
We're interested in knowing what that "thing" is...
That's why I think cams are the way to go.
Perhaps chris is not a team player. I don't know him, but I do know he's not ATS. If he's a truther, (if I can say that) then we're all on the same team.
Maybe he had to wash his unmentionables.

We should see the worth of Chris North in this investigation in the next couple of days, as too, the worth of the CBC.
(I'll believe it when I see/hear/read it.)
There is no reason to let this thread die...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

Considering the fact he called it a ufo b4 investigating it...the facebook group.I don't really care what he has to say....he was not denying ignorance but was speculating way too soon without knowing anything.
He could have had some help in finding some clues and just shut us out.
I don't have much use for his tactics.

If it was me and i said i was going to do something then I would do it and if i wasn't then I would have e-mailed to say sorry can't do it.
He just rudely ignored us and we didn't even get a courtesy call.

After thinking about it I realize that making a group about a ufo crash without actually having any facts or evidence makes me think that he is totally just flapping the gums without anything to back it up..
Also as i said already...that was rude of him to stand us up.
The guy has nothing I want to hear and i will make sure to ignore his interview...talk about the media doing a crap job yet again.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Chin up, you hard digging ATS' ers.

Your attitude toward finding the truth is to me ( rookie ATS) inspiring.

You know the truth is hidden or neglected tooooo often.

Hey BrianTaylor, I noticed there was no replie regarding the question of people being intimidated. Maybe it wasn't true? What do you think?

If I wasn't so computer illiterate I would have got around to joining FB.

Still haven't heard from the Doc.... another helpful citizen......NOT..

Going to read beginners guide to ATS... Bye

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Bucknet]

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Bucknet]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Hello Bucknet,
Yes I noticed that there are a few unanswered questions of mine on this thread.
Such is life, I guess.
I'm not going to speculate, on anything.
I'm waiting for two things to happen,
1.) some local to find news
2.) some news to find local
and in the mean time, I'm considering which traffic cam to request footage from.

That's about all I can do from my location, unless I have some "new idea"

Welcome to ATS, this place can be very usefull, If you don't get bogged down in the idiocy of other humans.
My trick is to attempt to only post positives.
See ya around!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
update from Ottawa River UFO facebook group
Chris North says,

"Sunday I went to the location and with help from a couple other interested parties a ground search of the area did not turn up any evidence of anything unusual. No discarded firework shells (tubes) were found. The search on the water will commence this week.

I find it hard to believe that the Filtration Plant's seven security cameras did not capture anything considering there are at least four of which that are facing the search location. A reporter from the CBC that I met at the scene said they would be contacting the Filtration Plants officials to inquire about their security footage."

and I say,
why haven't we already contacted the filtration plant people?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join