It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd lights on Ottawa River spur search

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Edit: Great job on the youtube vids Valiant

didnt see them til after i posted

Hey TheValiantThor thanks for posting. I totally agree with you that there is some sort of cover up taking place with this situation. But i would like to correct you on one point as I feel you are taking a news report slightly out of context.

I don't recall the gentleman's name( last name starts with a "K") though he was on the river during the "crash" I also don't recall him mentioning that he saw a "pilot" only that what he thought was a light plane came down tried to control its descent and crashed in the water.

I cant find the news article with the guys name but heres one with one of his companions

"Dr. Deborah Barry, an Ottawa psychotherapist, told the Citizen she and three other people were in a sailboat on the river at the time of the bang and the light. She said one of the other people, a chiropractor who is learning to fly an airplane, thought the light looked like that of a plane — although none of them actually saw a plane." this lady also posted on the cbc.ca comments section related to this story

They assumed that it was piloted not that they saw a pilot.

Also with it being that dark and that bright of a light I doubt anyone could see a "pilot"

Now as far as the traffic camera angle research, I would like to point out that the 3 closest may not be the best as they are not really pointed in the right direction. Not living in the area i don't have much to add to this other than i would look for some cameras pointed directly at the site, even from further out they may provide us with a visual.

Any other comments or suggestions would be greatly helpful

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Steilhe]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I didn't mean they could actually see a pilot in the object. What I meant is the witness said it looked like the craft was piloted.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Ah cool i just dont want anyone point to us later and calling us crazy' and we make stuff up just to get attention. Can you offer up any more angles on what to look in to?

Whats your take on the removal of the tree?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The removal of the tree, was it actually removed? Are there reports of hearing chainsaws etc? Or could it have been debris flying around after impact? I hope its still in the bottom of the river like they claim. People should be keeping a look at the site at all times.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I was travelling down Carling today and had a few minutes to kill so I started scouting cams around the crash site.

Here's one that may provide fruit assuming you can talk management into looking at their tapes.

It's a movie theatre on Carling facing the Ottawa River about 2 km west of the crash site. It could have a clear view of the night sky.

Coliseum Ottawa
Address
3090 Carling Ave.
Ottawa
ON, K2B 7K2
613-596-9475

Look at the upper left. An arrow is pointing to a camera mounted on the roof. This high enough to see the river.

The Britannia Water Filtration Plant also has 24/7 video cameras in their loading area which is actually only about 10 meters from the waters edge.

good luck

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Excellent information. Can you link to the tree footage?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheValiantThor

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Ask and ye shall receive

Drums has kindly uploaded all of his video footage relating to this matter

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Thank you, that's different footage that I remember. If I remember correctly it looked like the tree had bits of metal on it. Someone please take a sample of the tree and any materials there.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
here is the tree footage
and we have a better close up one not yet downloaded.

i went the day after the crash to locate the area where drumrfun was recording from and to locate the area searched by the search team and i could not help to have a second look at that tree and it looked like it was quite solid even tho it had a softer inner core i dont think it would of fell on its own.

if needed we could upload the other footage.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So in your opinion, is it chain sawed or debris? Or chainsawed to remove debris? If its chain sawed they might already have the disk or parts of it.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

they took the whole tree in one piece according to locals of Deschene the time or who took it is still unclear but it happened during the search and area was closed to public while they chainsawed it down.

it also looks like they tried to cut it as close to the ground as they could.they even did 2 cuts the lower one looks like they hit a rock or something and gave up.

i ment to go back over the weekend to see if they had covered it up because that would of matched the lady's story of "68"

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
"68"? What happened then?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Sorry 1967 i think she said,i had sent you a u2u with a bit of an update on this tread it had this video on it , you will have to go trough it and she explain an event that happened in 67, were bushes,scrubs and or trees were taken and then covered with soil a few days later.

i do think the year of the story that she is giving might be 71 and not 67 because the story she gave matches the one archived of march 4 1971

www.collectionscanada.gc.ca...

www.collectionscanada.gc.ca... ldn3dirk7sku6f4f1dlk29s3s4

[edit on 4-8-2009 by accuroman]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Excellent videos mate. Keep at it.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Bravo all, it's the thread that wouldn't die.
I love the enthusiasm, I think what we are seeing here is the potential of ATS. I'm jealous Steilhe!

Nice work valiant Thor, I like your summary film.

I must take this opportunity to remind everyone that I am most decidedly a long distance rate away from Ottawa. Not that I mind shelling out a few bucks to help, if I have to, (I phoned the brittania yacht club), I'm just thinking, surely one of you suave young Ottawanians? can eek enough information out of a movie theater manager or a city employee to determine if pursuing footage seems worthy.

As I say, if I must, then I shall, but only on your orders. I do believe that these suggestions are all good ones!

I also like the idea, Veni that we back up, trying to get a broader traffic cam view, I will get a bigger map
I go back to the drawing board...

If a sample of the tree or stump left are possible then I agree someone should get one.

And the thought of this all being exercise NLE09 was the first thing that occurred to me because I was keeping my eyes peeled for weird things involving military reaction anyway. (weren't we all?) I'm not sure that the Rockcliffe connection is off the hook yet either...

The thing that throws this off is the sightings of the plane flying.
And veni's version...
And the "thing" in the river.
Unless it's all, in fact, very well played...
Hmmmmm....

When they make the discovery channel special about this event I hope it doesn't end with "but for now, it seems, the Ottawa River is keeping it's secrets."

I'm off to look at traffic cams, somebody make a coupla calls, kudos all around...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Rather than edit this in to my previous post, which, in my opinion, warrants surely the occasional sparse quip, I shall just say here and now that I am having great fun and I believe I have had a great idea.
If it doesn't work I'll never tell and if it does I won't have to...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I don't live in Ottawa either, I would love to be there right now, running around doing interviews, collecting information etc. This is a historic event of monumental proportions, I'm sure you all realize this.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
A bit of an update for you guys.
A guy we were LUCKY enough to bump into recently has agreed to allow us to go on his boat with him and use his sonar thingamadoey as he as well as the rest of us want to see whats down there if we can.
I am busy this weekend so Accuroman has the option of taking my cam and doing it if he feels he can make it.
bump to the thread

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Good luck on your search.

What will you do if you get a hit? Do you have a bouy you can drop to mark it?

Will you drag anything to the surface? Do you need permission to search the area or is it considered public?

It would be cool if you could take a laptop and webcam and broadcast live from the boat

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Good stuff guys. The disk could very well still be there. They may be counting on everyone's ignorance and apathy and let this die down a bit before they recover it. If anyone has scuba equipment you should definately go down there, pull out a body in front of witnesses and cameras. Also disks are made of very light materials, it wouldn't be difficult to drag it out with a regular boat. I guarantee you the secret government is absolutely #ting themselves right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join