It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd lights on Ottawa River spur search

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ragh61

Well, I guess if it was just a "flare" then they wouldn't mind a boat with a fishfinder to locate abnormal river bottom contours (objects) in the area of the sighting. Hey, maybe a metal detector (with extended connections) could be dropped in the water.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
going away from my desk for 24 to 36 hours.
sorry won't be able to contribute,
hopefully there will be some news when I get back.
good luck guys.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bucknet
reply to post by ragh61

Well, I guess if it was just a "flare" then they wouldn't mind a boat with a fishfinder to locate abnormal river bottom contours (objects) in the area of the sighting. Hey, maybe a metal detector (with extended connections) could be dropped in the water.

I have a fishfinder and a boat. However i'm not curious enough to launch my boat and cruise close to the rapids. A fishfinder will not tell you what any large object is and an undewater camera is useless because the water in that area is way too murky. The Ottawa area has had it's fair share of UFO sightings....the most famous being the Carp, Ont/Guardian Case. I'm afraid this incident (just like the Guardian/Carp case) will quickly find it's way into sceptic forums if it hasnt already.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by ragh61]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ragh61

I guess, the biggest challenge IS the swiftness of the current. I would think if there is a possibility it was a meteor there will be some activity around there. We'll have to keep an I on the area, just in case..

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bucknet

I question why they were searching at the supposed site with a current that would be strong enough to carry whatever it was downstream.
I also find it suspicious that if it was a meteor they are looking for then why not just tell us it was a big rock from the sky as that might be able to not be pulled downstream which would be why they were searching the area of the crash.
Theres just too many unanswered questions.

Welcome to ats.

Edit to add...If it was a meteor then why bring in the army.They didn't do that last year with the Edmonton meteor....see just more questions.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Drumsfun

You see in the first couple of pages there were no debunkers but as the thread gets bigger they come for all we know it could have been a meteor BUT as you have seen in this thread it could have been a small plain/military flare/homemade bomb/meteor/ufo/that is enough to start asking questions and if we dont get the answers well at least we tried.

THANKYOU

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
IF it was a meteor then why no crater?, even a small meteorite that exploded on the rivers surface would have been significant enough to cause some sort of surge which would easily be visible from either banks of the river.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

I wondered the same thing...when it hit would it not create waves?
If it hit the water wouldn't it start to smoke like crazy and create steam from being so hot?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Yet nobody has any answers yet.

I'll keep looking for sources b4 saying what it was.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Nobody is saying it was a meteor look at my post above yours it say the things that people said it COULD have been we should not rule anything out there is alot of questions still unanswered like why they took the tree or bush and what really did fall in the river.

THANKYOU

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
reply to post by Drumsfun

You see in the first couple of pages there were no debunkers but as the thread gets bigger they come for all .....
THANKYOU

I'm still following this thread and if you look back at the beginning of this thread I was your biggest debunker. That said, I have to commend you guys for sticking with this story even though I know it was a meteor.

In my experience, mysterious events seem to grow further from the truth as time goes by and honestly, you guys have been throwing around alot of speculation disguised as truths.

I admit, I dismissed this from the beginning so when you say things like a tree branch was damamged and confiscated, the US military was present and Canadian Forces is investigating I'm not sure where you are getting your information. Do you have proof of these "facts"

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by ROBL240

I wondered the same thing...when it hit would it not create waves?
If it hit the water wouldn't it start to smoke like crazy and create steam from being so hot?

Yes. This scenario was already postulated earlier. But at 1000 PM who would SEE steam or waves. Some witnesses reported a LOUD BANG which would the result of a super hot rock hitting cooler water.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The problem that I have with the story is all we were told was " a plane didn't crash"
add to that the fact that "something " did smack down in to the river in our nations capital. The truth will come out thanks to the people lookng in to this as best they can, which is a crap load better than our joke for msm.

If something had crashed in the Potomac you bet ur arses that the Americans would be demanding a story ( even though it'd be full of holes and obviously fake)

I believe that it was a meteor myself but too many little things mentioned and not are causing me to ask these questions and demand answers.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

Well since you are such an expert then show us why you think that and provide some sources.
Since after all...YOU KNOW.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You say you are a debunker but don't you find it just a little bit strange it could have been a meteor but it also could have been something else.
Do you not think there is a lot of inconsistencies in the stories coming out to ask questions

THANKYOU

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The least that will happen out of this is someone will create a petition to the city of Ottawa ... so that Duchenes rapids will henceforth be known as Roswell Rapids.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I actually agree with you on this part to a point.
How I understand it is when condensate touches water it makes a bang.
Its the same as having a steam boiler that has a steamtrap that doesn't work any more.
The condensate in the pipe will touch the water and create a loud bang in the pipes.

The part i disagree with you on is pretending its a fact and pretending to know.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1

You say you are a debunker but don't you find it just a little bit strange it could have been a meteor but it also could have been something else.
Do you not think there is a lot of inconsistencies in the stories coming out to ask questions

THANKYOU

I know what I saw.

It wasn't "something else". Space debris is the only other explaination I'll agree with. How do I prove what I know from that night? I was standing on my back deck admiring the big dipper in the northern sky.

I saw a bright streak directly overhead that shot directly to the ground at a 90 degree angle.

Video - I had a cigarette in one hand and a beer in the other. I only have two hands. Sorry no proof here. Photo - again, cig and beer, Besides, The streak lasted only 1-2 seconds. Only a static camera directed at the small area of the sky would catch the streak.

I know what the official story was and anything other than that is rumour and heresay. To put it bluntly, you guys are the source of unsubstantiated rumours. The only thing you are going to get in terms of "facts" this long after the incident are inconsistancies.

Good luck in your investigation.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yes ..There is unanswered question. The media isn't very thorough. Keep asking questions Drums and thanks for the welcome. I am new to this IT Society(1st Day @ the Post).
I sent an email to Dr. Dirk Keenan via his chiropractic business....
Dear Dr. Dirk Keenan,
As a man of your stature and fine integrity, I would like to ask you if the report posted at www.boingboing.net... regarding the event of the iluminated pattern in the sky over the Ottawa River last Monday night, is reported correctly? Could you tell me at about what time this may have occurred? Others have reported events and as a truthseeker I would like to verify what I read. The world is a very interesting place and should be discovered truthfully.Thankyou very much for spending your valuable time reading. if you could email me with any information would be awsome.

Lets see if we get a reply. I'll keep ats informed. Worth a try?

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Bucknet]

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Bucknet]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I totally believe that this is possible. It fits what seems to have happened and is a logical possibility.

However, it doesn't make me feel good!

That's a very steep angle to come in on. Which would to me indicate that it is coming in with quite a lot of force and velocity into the atmosphere.

It could be that if it was small enough that isn't a problem, but was large enough and cohesive enough to withstand probably the most brutal way to come in.

Where the hell is it coming from that it comes through the atmosphere, a force of great resistence, and come almost straight down?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join