It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacha Baron Cohen Threatened By Terrorists Over Bruno

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
delete this

[edit on 28/7/09 by xstealth]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is great on so many levels!!

One: Maybe Cohen can finally make fun of Muhammed in public and won't get censored by the FCC!

Two: This is one of the very few or only times that this terrorist brigade will be on the same side as Ron Paul!!

Three: Maybe they really will kill him, and these stupid movies will go away!!

[edit on 28-7-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Perhaps we'll know when these people have evolved into human beings when they propose a form of dissent that doesn't involve death/murder/dismemberment.

They are nothing more than ignorant savages, always will be.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Broadbrushing the behaviour of a minority onto the backs of the many, are we?

As with all peoples everywhere, some are good, some are bad, most are just like you and me. They may speak a different language, their belief systems may be different...

That does not, however, make them barbarians, or sub-human. Let's take a step back and realize that this is a terrorist group making this none to subtle threat. Either that or a group of movie critics...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Broadbrushing the behaviour of a minority onto the backs of the many, are we?

I'm not sure where you are getting the "many" from, unless you are referring to "many terrorists" in which case yes.

As with all peoples everywhere, some are good, some are bad, most are just like you and me. They may speak a different language, their belief systems may be different...

That must be why Somalia is such a popular tourist destination.

People are the product of their environment, to suggest that "we are all the same" is naive. A violent hell-hole of a country necessitates that the residents adapt to that environment (or culture) to survive.

That does not, however, make them barbarians, or sub-human. Let's take a step back and realize that this is a terrorist group making this none to subtle threat. Either that or a group of movie critics...

I think a morally corrupt leadership can subvert a people into sub-human standards of behavior, I don't subscribe to the "all people are fundamentally good" hippie mantra.

Iranian school children are made to chant "Death to America" before entering their first day of school at age 5. Palestinian children are raised to aspire to become suicide bombers.

People are the product of their culture, people start out as fundamentally good, but are rapidly re-directed.

Educating a population to behave in a barbaric or sub-human way is remarkably easy, for some it's just not easy to come to terms with.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by Retseh

Let's take a step back and realize that this is a terrorist group making this none to subtle threat. Either that or a group of movie critics...

Good point!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Sacha Baron Cohen really pushes the limit. Just from watching Bruno, I was amazed how many times he escaped an ass kicking. I have to say when I was watching the part with the terrorist leader I figured it to be partly staged. Ass kicking aside, a shot to the head was very possible. I have to give it to him. He sure has some balls on him.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think the point is here to illustrate the difference between modern thinking and 'backwards' thinking. Bruno is doing this.

If you are truly of a modern mind-set then you will accept Bruno. You may find him funny or you may not. You may find him offensive or insightful. You may pay money to see his show or you may refuse to go have anything to do with his antics. But you will NOT threaten him with death. You will adore him or ignore him - but you will not harm him. In that sense, you will accept him. That is modern thinking.

But we have to face the reality that there are people in this world that would gladly cut Bruno's throat because of what he has done. And they would happily cut your throat if they knew that you had supported him. Perhaps if you had even watched him.

That should be a sobering thought. When you see the reports about our troops fighting the Taliban or Al-Queda,; it's not just an abstract enemy. Bruno's antics may be juvenile but they have brought to the surface a host of vipers.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by MOFreemason

Well everytime I bring up terrorists on ATS everyone says they work for the US government and are controlled by Bush/Cheney and/or the CIA. So does this mean Bush/Cheney is going to gun down Cohen/Borat/Bruno?

Actually for a while in 2003-8 I was holding onto the faint hope that Cheney WAS Cohen and that the whole Bush Administration was just another one of his stunts. Darn.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join