It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacha Baron Cohen Threatened By Terrorists Over Bruno

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Sacha Baron Cohen Threatened By Terrorists Over Bruno

www.nationalterroralert.com

Sacha Baron Cohen has stepped up his security after being threatened by a terrorist organization that is angered at its portrayal in the film “Bruno.”

The al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades, a coalition of Palestinian militias in the West Bank, said it was “very upset” that it featured in the film starring Baron Cohen’s homosexual fashionista alter ego.

Baron Cohen’s Austrian character ridicules the terrorist group when he attempts to get himself kidnapped during a meeting with Ayman Abu Aita, who is identified in the film as the leader of the Martyrs’ Brigades.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
entertainment.timesonline.co.uk

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Is it possible that Sacha Cohen finally angered the wrong person(s)??

The al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades, a coalition of Palestinian militias in the West Bank, said in a statement released to a Jerusalem-based journalist that it was “very upset” that it featured in the film starring Baron Cohen’s homosexual fashionista alter ego.

“We reserve the right to respond in the way we find suitable against this man,” it said. “The movie was part of a conspiracy against the al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades.”

The group condemned the use of the interview with Mr Abu Aita. “This was a dirty use of our brother, Ayman, and we don’t accept that the al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades is part of the film,” the statement said.

Mr Abu Ahmad said: “This joke is very dangerous. We are not in the United States, we are not in Europe, we are in the Middle East and the world operates differently here.” Aaron Klein, the WorldNet reporter who received the statement from the Martyrs’ Brigades, said: “These are terrorists. They are against feminism, gay rights and abortion. Once I asked them what would they do if they found out one of their members was a homosexual. They said they would cut off his head.”
entertainment.timesonline.co.uk...

www.nationalterroralert.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Well everytime I bring up terrorists on ATS everyone says they work for the US government and are controlled by Bush/Cheney and/or the CIA. So does this mean Bush/Cheney is going to gun down Cohen/Borat/Bruno?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

Well everytime I bring up terrorists on ATS everyone says they work for the US government and are controlled by Bush/Cheney and/or the CIA. So does this mean Bush/Cheney is going to gun down Cohen/Borat/Bruno?

Dick Cheney might take him hunting and shoot him in the face. Cheney could also order Scooter Libbey to "out" Cohen's wife. Those guys are pretty good at getting away with those kinds of things.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I haven't seen the film, nor do I much like any of his other stuff. But this article made me giggle. The guy's got rocks for balls. You got to give him that. And if he's annoyed some militant terrorist muppets, then GOOD.
Shouldn't be so uppety, should they

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This terrorist organization is just blowing smoke, otherwise, they would have done something already.

They are 100% impotent.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Mr Abu Ahmad said: “This joke is very dangerous. We are not in the United States, we are not in Europe, we are in the Middle East and the world operates differently here.” Aaron Klein, the WorldNet reporter who received the statement from the Martyrs’ Brigades, said: “These are terrorists. They are against feminism, gay rights and abortion. Once I asked them what would they do if they found out one of their members was a homosexual. They said they would cut off his head.”

L O F'n L!!!

Are they kidding me? They want to say that the middle east is somehow better?

What a bunch of maroons!

[edit on 28-7-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

There are two types of terrorist. Those who are working against us but are doing it with straight faces as they tell us they are doing it "in our best interests" and the others are busting up statues in NYC. Big bad guys there.

The former group has much more power and weapons at their disposal. Since they are the ones responsible for Waco, OKC, 9/11 7/7, swine flu & vaccination deaths and the destruction of the worlds economy I'd say those are the guys you have to worry about.

Good for SBC. I hope there are outtakes and extra footage of these terrorist fools to put on the dvd. Make them look even more stupid.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Its OK laughing, and I've found a few of Sacha Baron Cohen's antics quite amusing, but he does take the piss out of people!

From what I've seen, the middle east doesn't share our western sense of humour.

We might think its funny, but they don't... just the same as jokes that are racist.
I might laugh at a stereotyping, 'racist' joke, but some of that race probably wouldn't find it amusing.

There's only so much piss taking you can do before someone retaliates because they don't see the funny side... he'll end up pushing it too far with the wrong person/people one day.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I thought that movie was pretty out there and parts of it were just plain gross. (naked wrestling with the big guy was just nasty) This should not surprise anyone given the big stink about a bear named Mohammed, they go over the top all the time, ask Salmon Rushdi (forgive if misspelled). I guess in their culture they don't get satire.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hilarious, gotta love him although Borat was a hell of a lot funnier, portrayed Americans in a UV light though

There was loads of Kazakh's (I assume that's plural?) that complained about Borat and the way it made the country look, but after a couple of weeks the Kazahkstan leader was saying how great the film was for tourism and it bought a new interest to the country.

These damn terrorists.. can't take a joke can they, plus its free publicity!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Why is it that Cohen can find the terrorists but no one else can????

WTF world are we living in?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The movie was a piece of crap , with a few subliminal messages such as "if you are kind to someone in the street you are a homossexual" or "in the army you are sure to only find heterossexual individuals".

Don't treat others well! If you do so you are not a man!
Want to be a REAL man? Come to the army kid!

I can only recall about one time or other when the movie was actually funny.

Funny was that when he called Osama the king of the supposed "terrorists" , the guy acted somewhat surprised and told him to leave , I would expect him to have had his head sawed with a bread knife or something over that.

I had read somewhere that the "terrorist" wanted to sue him lol , some terrorist is he not?

An article here to back up the sue claim.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
100% impotent? Really? Then who are all these folks being killed by? Maybe not the threat some would have us believe...true. But impotent? Not so much...

Cohen, I find to be very unfunny. Just plain don't like him...but wouldn't wish this on him. Gotta suck.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I saw Borat and realized its a long episode of Candid Camera. Watched it 2 or 3 times then pawned it. Sacha is this decades Tom Green and nothing more. He found a way to make some coin and went with it. Terrorists and dyslexuals hate Bruno so I will see it when it comes out on DVD and then pawn that one as well. His humor is subpar but makes me chuckle occasionally. Bush is more of a comedian than Sacha but since Bush is longer POTUS and no longer does his comic routines, aka press conferences, I gots to laugh however I can. I just gots to. BTW how is this a conspiracy? I was hoping the OP was gonna provide info that Sacha was an alien or an Area 51 test dummy or actually involved in 9 11. I feel Jew'd. Just joking, Jesus.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Here he says how he managed to interview a "terrorist"

"There's no Craigslist in Beirut, for example. So we called about a contact we had at the CIA and we said 'Can you help us? We're looking to find a terrorist.'"

"And the guy at the CIA said we've got a lot of names of terrorists but we have almost no addresses. And so eventually, after a few months, we found somebody who actually lived in a town who had a terrorist from a group who are actually the number suicide bombers out there. And he said 'Yeah, there is a terrorist who lives in my town.'"

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roufas
Here he says how he managed to interview a "terrorist"

"There's no Craigslist in Beirut, for example. So we called about a contact we had at the CIA and we said 'Can you help us? We're looking to find a terrorist.'"

"And the guy at the CIA said we've got a lot of names of terrorists but we have almost no addresses. And so eventually, after a few months, we found somebody who actually lived in a town who had a terrorist from a group who are actually the number suicide bombers out there. And he said 'Yeah, there is a terrorist who lives in my town.'"

Hell maybe the CIA should hire Sacha Baron Cohen. He seems pretty good at finding terrorists. Maybe instead of killing Osama we should just have Sacha Baron Cohen Bruno him.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I watched Bruno a few days ago, and when iw as watching i said to my mates 'holy crap how is Sasha not dead'...

At least he's a man who walks the walk aswell as talks the talk.

If nothing else he's got balls. Who else has ever asked to be kidnapped by a terrorist

Genius.

Oh and the song between Israel and Palestine was fairl laugh-worthy too.

But Borat was better.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
They wont do anything. They only brought it up to bring their name into light, which failed since I hadn't seen this story anywhere else before.

I haven't seen the film, but I am aware of Cohen's notorious behavior to upset people. I wouldn't be surprised if he upset the wrong people one day and got himself assassinated, which is way over the top for a movie.

Just like stoning a female teacher for naming a Teddy Bear after the Islamic profit, Mo- I dare not say for I am afraid of being targeted for assassination. I don't have the money or the will power to "heighten" my security.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join