It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Implies People Skeptical Of Government Are Psychologically Insane

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

MSNBC Implies People Skeptical Of Government Are Psychologically Insane

www.prisonplanet.com

During a discussion of the Obama birth certificate controversy, MSNBC host Chris Matthews and his guests implied that anyone who questions the official 9/11 story, thinks the Bilderberg group are exercising power to create a world government, people who are worried about gun control and immigration, or even people who are merely skeptical of government, are psychologically insane.

Responding to Matthews’ implication that people who had questions about Obama’s birthplace were “full mooners” and insane, MSNBC political analyst Howard Fineman included “people who are worried about th
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-7-2009 by MOFreemason]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Yet another MSM talking-head trying to discredit the American citizenry who may still have questions about certain things:
- Is it possible 9/11 may have had some government, black-op connection?
- Is President Obama an American citizen or not?

Polls indicate the citizenry is not actually sure of the answers, they have questions. But, the MSM and press secretary Gibbs just counts these individuals as "whack jobs" and "crazy."

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Blimey, i'd best go get myself checked into a rubber room then!!

If anything I'd like to think it's the other way around, anyone NOT skeptical of the government must be insane!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Well I am proud to be called considered clinically certified insane, because I question everything those bastards try to shovel down our throats?

[edit on 28-7-2009 by acrux]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well....when you think about it, being insane is a little better than being a terrorist, right? I mean, until the Eugenics program kicks in, at least we can have some nice medication...with the right medication, I don't think it would matter WHAT the gubment was doing.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
You have to just love the type of reporting in the video Matthews features at the beginning of the clip. Call em insane if they care, call in to question their oath to uphold the constitution if they don't.

They have always discredited "Conspiracy Theorists" as insane. They will continue to repeat it over and over, they even practice hyperbole in doing so, often using only the most "out there" versions of the popular theories to illustrate.

[edit on 7/28/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It's as if history has no bearing on these people. Nothing prior to the birth of the United States is relevant or even a forethought in their minds.

Governments become corrupt. That is fact.

To not be skeptical of your government is what I find insane. These people are absolutely delusional when they think the government is their best friend, as the that is the farthest thing from the truth.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Watch V for Vendetta..its similar to what is happening/ has happened in govt

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
He's overboard as usual and full of himself but Matthews has a good point. Judging by what I have seen in both the 911 skeptics and other conspiracy groups, there are a hell of a lot of mentally unstable people working out psychotic tendencies and serious emotional issues instead of making valid points. The overly aggressive manner in which the average "conspiracy theorist" attacks skeptics and deniers supports Matthews' claim. Especially when the most cogent arguments reference "indigo" children, alien space wars, "reptilians" and all the other sci fi nonsense that makes you guys sound insane. It doesn't help that most of you on here are fixated on bizarre and libelous claims about "eugenics" programs, "forced sterilization," "FEMA camps" and all sorts of horses&&t, and attack anyone who confronts these paranoid delusions.

No offense, but some of you on here are doing a better job of discrediting yourselves than the media ever could.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Northing wrong with being skeptical of the .gov, it's only common sense.

On the other hand, believing fervently in things for which there is no evidence whatsoever, just because it serves your political purposes (and I mean the birthers here) is, if not crazy, at the very least just plain stupid...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This is the exact tactic they use to silence people, shame them into silence,
well the insane have NO SHAME.

The news media and the Obama administration use this in many forms

Where is my straight jacket?

The END IS NEAR.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
Especially when the most cogent arguments reference "indigo" children, alien space wars, "reptilians" and all the other sci fi nonsense that makes you guys sound insane. It doesn't help that most of you on here are fixated on bizarre and libelous claims about "eugenics" programs, "forced sterilization," "FEMA camps" and all sorts of horses&&t, and attack anyone who confronts these paranoid delusions.

No offense, but some of you on here are doing a better job of discrediting yourselves than the media ever could.

Yeah , they attack people with "evidence". But , since it is not shown on TV , it surely sounds insane , does it not?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Ahhhhhhh when they have made case 'stick' they open thier mounths and bring it to media as an ' silly hoAx' ??

Why didnt they show the clips where these people said the Obamas campain was designed to draw people with an average iq of 60 to vote on him on the news ?????

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Actually, I would say that's a pretty fair assessment. I just come here for entertainment value - to watch insane people talk about their paranoid delusions and insanity.

The only reason this site even exists to begin with is because the insane people that inhabit it and post their insane ramblings about birth certificates, fema camps, and gun control make the site owners money clicking links and viewing ads.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Coming from MSNBC, it's hilarious. If you want to see completely insane people, tune into MSNBC and watch Chris Matthews (tingle up his leg over Obama), and certifiably insane Keith "the maniac" Olbermann. Now there is TRUE insanity.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by MOFreemason

Coming from MSNBC, it's hilarious. If you want to see completely insane people, tune into MSNBC and watch Chris Matthews (tingle up his leg over Obama), and certifiably insane Keith "the maniac" Olbermann. Now there is TRUE insanity.

+1

The Bubblevision Morons have no idea how ridiculous they look to thinking Americans...watch for the looks of abject disillusionment and horror that will appear on their faces in the very near future

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ldunquist

If that's what you come here for than you need to go to other forums. Perhaps you aren't checking the right boards here. You should check out other boards on this website. Perhaps you aren't going to the right ones. There are quite a few threads that are really well researched. I think that I would agree that there are many people who are into theories that are too paranoid. I think that if you get into this stuff enough you start to see the truth... and you start getting really deep down the rabbit hole but I think a lot of people don't ever get to that phase... and they just like speculating. They never really want to see how bad it is, or, understand how bad it is for that matte.r What's going to happen is a lot worse than people just meeting with each other and deciding things. So yeah.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

Someone I knew years ago appeared to act very normally, until he decided that he should eat only dead, brown leaves and twigs.

Originally posted by xmotex
Northing wrong with being skeptical of the .gov, it's only common sense.

On the other hand, believing fervently in things for which there is no evidence whatsoever, just because it serves your political purposes (and I mean the birthers here) is, if not crazy, at the very least just plain stupid...

Common sense...common sense...boy, is that in short supply these days. Seems like we've quit supporting common sense and instead vigorously support the right to act nonsensically. Putting a spin on something said or done has spun out of control to where we're using nonsensical spin. Jabberwocky!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Mmm propaganda. They keep calling us loonies, well that type of tactic may have worked before the internet. Anonymity of the net has allowed people to discover that they are neither crazy or in a minority. The older generations who are used to being controlled by fear will suck these instructions up though, shh don't talk about it.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I cant believe they believe half the lies they tell.

Today i also saw a piece they did on an American Terrorist- No specifications, no explanations, just that the dude is WHITE and is A TERRORIST!!!!

Yep- we know... WE ARE ALL FREAKING TERRORISTS AND SICK FREAKS!!!

Yep , thats the ticket.

I'd like to know what these idiots are promised to sit there and lie daily to the public?

Bunkers and food?????

They're the CRAZY RE RE'S.

Constantly insulting our intelligence!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join