It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMAZING Photo / Video - Face Shaped Orb - Perth, Australia - UPDATED! Enhanced

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

I didnt say he wasnt worth listening too, so please stop trying to put words into my mouth. I said it wasnt convinving. All I know is that no 23 year old or older writes like that.

I thought I just disagrees with you on somethings, but even if I half agree with you, you still seem to have a problem with me. If its attempt to bait me into something youve failed because after that, there is no point in me posting on this thread. Like someone said on one of your other threads, you have a habit of attacking people that dont agree with you.

And I wont go visit because although Im from Perth, I am not living there at the moment, thought that was clear on my profile.

[edit on 12/8/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

ahh thought so...

perhaps there is another willing WA person that could go hang out with Stan (if he would allow that) and do some detective work for ATS...

I know if it was in Vicco I'd be there in a stroke!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

ahh thought so...

perhaps there is another willing WA person that could go hang out with Stan (if he would allow that) and do some detective work for ATS...

I know if it was in Vicco I'd be there in a stroke!

In your current mood, if stanley & you disagreed about something, you'd be at each other with a pair of chainsaws!

Chamomile tea.....

Chamomile tea.....

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Who me? I think Stan sounds like a top bloke!

And who knows he probably is

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
As someone else said, ordinarily I'm not an 'orb' enthusiast.

Stan's videos however are not the typical orb presentations I've seen in other still photos and video.

As Stan's extended many open invitations for others to join him and form their own impressions, I think we can dispense with intentional hoax here.

And based on comments I've read on the site which has done most to bring this situation to the attention of others, it would appear that numerous paranormal groups have declined to accept Stan's invitation to check the situation out for themselves. In fact, I read that one reason paranormal investigators have declined to attend in person is because they're afraid these anomolies/entities, whatever they are ' will follow me home'.

Stan's been less than cautious, imo, in his attempts to share and to gain real-time assistance and support. He's put his home online, has provided his name, has included his son in his You Tube vids and even provided his home phone number. To me, these are the actions of someone who genuinely wants someone to explain the conditions under which he and his son are living. These are the actions of someone very trusting and genuine, someone who isn't cynical or sophisticated and who believes (unfortunately) that everyone else is the same as he is.

In my opinion, Stan's done remarkably well. He retains his humour and love of his fellow man and has adapted to his situation. 'The ability to adapt' is the common definition of intelligence.

I don't know what these things are, but without Stan's persistence, they would never have seen the light of day. No-one would know about them.

The other astonishing thing is that despite endless threads and conjecture about 'aliens' and paranormal entities, NO-one has as yet accepted Stan's open invitation to investigate for themselves.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Many Aussies would be aware that several decades ago, a household in Western Australia was plagued by mysterious entities for a prolonged period.

It took place on a station-property 'out to woop-woop' as Aussies would say, i.e., in the vast Australian outback.

There were numerous witnesses to the manifestations. No logical way of perpetrating the events has ever been successfully proposed.

The household in question was a rough outback dwelling inhabited, if memory serves, by an Aboriginal couple. The husband worked on the station-property and the wife may have assisted the station-owners with domestic tasks.

The events commenced with the sound of stones landing on the roof. This continued for quite some time until, in exasperation, the Aboriginal couple and their family conducted a brief investigation, assuming initially that birds were dropping stones or nuts on the roof.

The stones continued to fall throughout the night however, dispensing with the bird theory.

This continued for months, I think. The Aboriginal couple finally vacated the dwelling, but the stones and other phenomena followed them to their new place.

There's more to the story, from memory, so when I've time, I'll see if I can scout it out from where it's hiding in a bookcase.

Thing is, there was never a real explanation for what went on, other than 'spirits' or paranormal entities, despite that various people attempted to investigate and put a 'rational' explanation to it.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Couldn't find the book I wanted. Must be down the basement somewhere.
But, I have managed to find a few references to the case:

Spirit Stones: Spirit Stones is both a contemporary and historically stylised, one-hour documentary of Nyoongar storytellers revealing the amazing history, metaphysics and mythology of the mysterious stones that fell in rural Western Australia. In the 1940's and 1950's showers of stones fell for hours, days and weeks, in numerous locations on Nyoongars. Even today there is no single explanation.

www.bananasinpyjamas.com...

This next is from an Australian Govt. website which details a documentary made about the case:

Spirit Stones, set in the southwest corner of Australia, is about the mysterious occasions during the 1940s and 1950s when stones fell on Aboriginal camps. These ‘showers’ delivered stones in locations up to 250 kms apart, falling at various places for hours, sometimes days and even weeks and months.

www.ffc.gov.au...

and

* SYNOPSIS [ of documentary: 'Spirit Stones' ]

www.spiritstones.tv...

Spirit Stones reveals the phenomenal events
of the 1940s and 1950s in the south-west of
Western Australia, when stones fell for hours,
days and weeks.

Through intimate storytelling, the eye-witnesses
reignite their memories of these sometimes scary
events and we are invited into a world we can
rarely go.

In a truly contemporary history, Noongar Elders
reflect on the social and environmental conditions
at the time of the falling stones to make meaning
of the past and claim connection with these events
and their country.

The stones came through roofs, tents, walls and
tables without leaving holes.

Sometimes warm or hot, they travelled in peculiar
directions. The telling of these occurrences
challenges our need for both logic and proof,
increasing our affinity and appreciation of
Indigenous cultural life. Some say it was the
"little people" who did it. Today there is
still no scientific explanation.

Exquisite filming, stunning image sequences,
and a breathtaking soundscape create a unique
connection with the environment and highlights
the beauty and spirit of the Australian landscape.

The link contains a video including discussion by Aboriginal elders from the look of it. I haven't watched it yet.
www.spiritstones.tv...

Lots of other 'falling stones' type phenomena, possibly poltergeist activity.

But who knows if Stan's entities may have something in common with these unexplained events ?

Edited to say that none of the above appear to be the case I mentioned on the outback station property. But they sound similar

[edit on 12-8-2009 by St Vaast]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Vaast

In my opinion, Stan's done remarkably well. He retains his humour and love of his fellow man and has adapted to his situation. 'The ability to adapt' is the common definition of intelligence.

I don't think he's adapted or done well, at all. I think the poor guys in a bunch of trouble.

Here's one of his posts from the 27.4.09:

"THIS MY STORY THIS IS WHEN I STARTED HEARING THEM, I’ve being getting attacked by these since 1996, it started in house I was living with a couple of mates. . I was 23 young, 1 of me mates ewes to play with electronics. I started hearing people talking when I was in me room but I let it go and then they just started tormenting me. I thoughts me mates had some bugs in me room, electronic devices that can hear u. and making sure I hear them, I was searching long and hard around to try and find them. But I couldn’t find them. So they would go out and I would stay home all the time thinking there parked up the road with the bugs. I was scared they were coming to get me. I could hear them talking about me and they would laugh, I decided to move. I had an enough got angry with them and said your bugging me room and #. So I said I'm moving and moved, heard them there is well. They made me bit more physic than I already was I mean I couldn’t move around people I was scared I just knew what people were going to say and do I was #ing me self I became paranoid I just stayed at home full on. I decided to move again and again till 9 year’s go I moved here. I was fed up by now so I got over blaming me mates and started thinking it was aliens or spirits. I just kept it quiet no 1 new only when it started so I just took it. But up till two years ago I hadn’t had an infrared web camera. I seen 1 in a shop and bought it .40$ I came home plugged it in and bingo this is what has been tormenting me all this time. That why I'm angry with them because they’re so tormenting I've tried every thing to get rid of them. I still aren't convinced what they are spirits or aliens because they change. Back and forth. There’s heaps more I could tell but I'm not much of a writer thanx. I have tried being nice but there are so many different entireties I don’t know whose whom. There’s to names they refer to some times. They are RAY AND PETER but I think ray is short 4 grey, & repeater short peters short 4 reptilian they r like there bosses. They r very repetitive thanx 4 listening. I'm trying to get rid of them from Paul. I need a sound wave detector to show you what I'm hearing and what they r saying to me. My you tube site is stanley03061973 and you will be amazed nothing like it any where I've got orbs on still frame camera to I will put them on when I get the cord thanx stanley03061973 is my you tube. They make my ears pop like when your going up a hill and stays like that till they do what they do. I don’t know what to do I'm dumb founded.They r like the lyre bird they can mimic anything ive tried every ...................I GOT HIS ONE YESTERDAY MORNING PERTH AUSTRALIA TIME IT WAS ABOUT 5.50 IF U GO TO VID 71 ON YOU TUBE THAT WILL EXPLAIN MOST OF IT ,BUT MORE QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED IF ASKED THEY RECKON THEY IN EVERY VIDEO THATS WHAT THEY SAY PEACE TO ERATH WE ARENT ALONE LOOK FOR YOUR SELF"

Like I've said previously...

If the things are real, he's in trouble.

If the things are not real, he's in trouble.

If the things are being hoaxed, he's in trouble.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I watched this video again a few times, and it got me thinking about orbs and misconceptions about them. Found this on a ghost hunting website, about using nightvision cameras. Interesting about the insect theory

One other natural source that should also be given mention is flying insects. Although they are recognizable to someone experienced with night vision, they could pose a threat to an inexperienced ghost hunter who tends to jump to conclusions. It should also be mentioned that insects differ from orbs in several different ways. One, their overall appearance is significantly different. Two, insects tend to demonstrate a more erratic flight pattern. Three, insects lack the ability to pass through solid objects. And four, insects do not respond to verbal communication from, or intelligently interact with, investigators.

The erratic flight pattern of the orb is the thing that stands out to me on this, but Im going to investigate more and yes, if Im back in Perth on holiday I would like to see if this guy were genuine

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

I've read other of your posts in the same vein and sorry to say, with the best will in the world, I don't get your point.

Are you referring to grammatical or other mistakes in what is, granted, a long post ?

Or the content of Stan's post.

If the latter, I had no trouble comprehending it. He explains the progression from suspecting his mates, through to moving locations and living on his own, only to find the entities or whatever they are, have accompanied him.

He explains that for a time, he felt extremely isolated, lost confidence .. that he saw what he believed was another person afflicted with the same problem.

In time, he began his fight-back. Was given a night vision type camera which for the first time, showed him what he had been dealing with.

and so on. Sure, it isn't broken up into paragraphs. I've read lots of very interesting material written by others who present things in the same way. If it's of interest, I persist. I don't judge books by their cover, in the same way I don't judge posts on their presentation and don't judge a person's worth by their nifty avatar.

Sure .. he's in trouble. He used to hold down a job, driving a fork-lift. Now he doesn't have that avenue of escape and normality and he's stuck in a flat surrounded by what he believes to be unknown entities. And it's been going on for close to 14 years, apparently.

I'd be in trouble in that situation. You'd be in trouble.

What would you or I do, I wonder, in Stan's situation ?

Would we seek counselling? Would we take medication ? Would we scream from the verandah in the middle of the night out of sheer frustration ? Would we kill ourselves just to get away from it ? Would we cower in fear and end up babbling to ourselves ?

Now let's look at what Stan's done. He's lost his temper with them .. in the same way you'd lose your temper with a dozen cats or children or remote controlled helicopters if they were buzzing through your small apartment 24 hours a day and waking you up, and nattering in your ear and interfering with what emerges from your home computer.

He's documented what he believes he's experiencing.

He approached dozens of different sites and paranormal groups over a period not of days or weeks, but throughout several years.

He got his videos up on You Tube.

He's extended an open invitation to anyone who might investigate and document what THEY experience at his place.

What more can he do ?

Yet, he HAS done more. He can laugh .. the ability to laugh (at oneself as well) is a sign of good mental health. He spends time with his son and other children, takes a strong, fatherly interest in their lives.

And he gets out and about despite that he reports the entities accompany him and make it difficult.

Amongst the classics of literature are stories about people who drowned, hanged, stabbed and shot themselves as result of an encounter (AN encounter, ONE encounter) with the Unknown. Other classics catalogue how people have sunk into babbling insanity after AN encounter with the unknown.

In contemporary literature, people have made a tidy living for themselves by describing their alleged encounters with the unknown. No photos, no videos, no matter how grainy. Just their account of what they say occurred to them.

Here, in Western Australia, we have a dinki-di Aussie guy. He's not pretentious. He hasn't dashed off to get himself a ghost-writer to knock out a book. He hasn't gone on Current Affairs, seeking recognition. He's not trying to make a profit. In fact, he's paying money he probably can't afford in order to put these videos on You Tube in order OTHERS might shed some light on what he believes he's experiencing.

Sure, he doensn't speak like Prince Charles. And he doesn't write elegant prose.

Stan expresses himself without pretension, without worrying about 'how it will sound'. He writes as he speaks. There are millions of Aussie guys who sound and write as Stan does.

He wants to get his impression across.

I enjoy the way Stan writes and speaks. It's immediate and it's original.

He's well aware of his limitations right across the board. That's why he seeks other, more polished, more experienced, more qualified people to cast their interpretation on what he's filmed.

He hasn't got himself a ponderously-considered 'witty' or attention-grabbing online avatar, that's right. He's not all flash-and-dazzle. He's not out to impress.

He wants answers.

Do YOU have any ? I'm sure he'd appreciate hearing from you if you do.

So would I.

In the meantime, I sincerely hope Stan continues to catalogue what he believes is an unfolding mystery which surrounds him.

Sooner or later, someone is going to sit up and take notice. Or someone is going to happen onto his You Tube videos or online posts and know what he's talking about, what he's going through.

One thing's is for sure, Stan is out there, looking and seeking and asking.

Many more people every day are discovering what an endearing, warm natured, enquiring individual he is.

I dont' think Stan cares what the answer is, regarding these 'things'. He's just glad he's no longer alone with them and sounds as if he'll be content to know what the things are. I'm sure he'd be glad to be rid of them and able to live a normal life again, for his own and his son's sake.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

ONYA, Weatherman

Onya, onya, onya

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

Thanks St Vaast......

I feel that is well expressed & I would have to agree with the points you make.

I still think he's struggling.

I still think he needs some good people around him that will consider all that might be going on, including the option that nothing “real” is going on.

Thanks again for such a well considered reply.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Paul Hogan made his fortune portraying a 'real Aussie bloke' in the Crocodile Dundee movies. Followed by the late Steve Irwin, who cast himself in the same mould, despite being in reality a very savvy character.

Here, in Stan, we have the real article.

It's the same as the Paul Hogan /Steve Irwin characterisations, but with Stan, it's unscripted, unrehearsed.

The same enthusiasm. The same ocker-speech. The same sense of infectious wonder. And with Stan ... it's genuine.

It would be nice if people I encounter in forums were able .. after a running 14 year ordeal .. to say, with heart-breaking sincerity (as Stan does in his videos) 'Peace to the world. Peace throughout the Universe'.

No rancour. Simply acceptance that in his earthly experience, he's been provided no frame of reference for what he's experiencing. Someone suggested to Stan that these entities he believes he's seeing, might be extraterrestrials.

These things had made his life a hell. Yet Stan didn't hold grudges. Immediately he was informed these might be higher life forms, Stan showed astounding capacity to see things from different perspective. He is prepared to give these things the benefit of the doubt and willing to befriend and co-operate with them. And he sends sincere blessings and goodwill to non-human entities (as he now believes they may be).

What a shame all we smarties here in ATS and elsewhere aren't as willing and able to redefine our opinions and shift our perspective in a positive direction.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

You're welcome

and thank you

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
You know the main thing that worries me, on Stan's behalf ?

It's performance-pressure, or the possibility of it occurring.

I'm worried he now feels (due to the increasing number of people following his You Tube videos and posts online) that he has to continually 'come up with the goods' for fear that people will lose interest and leave him alone with it again, and no answers.

We've seen it time and time again. Ted Serios (was it?) who cracked under similar pressure. Uri Geller, same. Cricketers, same thing .. look at poor old Atherton.

That's why I'm hoping someone will come along and take Stan under their wing. Will get him to relax as far as putting up more You Tube vids in order to step back and methodically investigate the stuff he has.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Sigh. About this video:

COOLEST THING EVER!!!!!

You hear so many explanations of what orbs are, or what they are not.
Spirits, angels, demons, bugs, dust etc.

Never crossed my mind they could be interdimentional creatures, or et's.
Because I'm not big on the ET thing...I'll go with the interdimentional being because that time is upon us. Man's next step in the evolutionary process, perhaps. Who knows?

Stan, buddy there is nothing wrong with the way you write. Nada. Don't let anybody get you down about that. I will go to youtube instantly to review your site. It's very exciting.

And WatchZeiNow....I'm going to befriend you so I will have your profile handy to watch what you put up. Your brain works like mine, the curiosity never ends. If we are not in a constant state of learning and thinking then we might as well pull down the shades, lock the doors, and remain stagnant. My mind would never permit me to do that, and I see your's won't either. S&F

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Mm. I went to the youtube site and viewed many of these vids. I don't get the feeling at all that these things are either benevolent or evil. In fact, they remind me of "elementals", or the spirits of animals. There was even one face that looked almost exactly like a fox! Ears and all.

They seem to be mischievous little attention seekers, loving Paul to take their pictures and talk to them. Playful, yet rebellious.

I honestly think if he discontinued writing about them, filming them, and talking to them, they would move on. I didn't read any of his narrative, and I can't tell by the way he talks to them whether he likes them or not.?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

I honestly think if he discontinued writing about them, filming them, and talking to them, they would move on. I didn't read any of his narrative, and I can't tell by the way he talks to them whether he likes them or not.?

In his narrative he stated that they had been following him long before he even knew they were there. He had thought his room was bugged. At first he disliked them, now he says he doesn't mind them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join