It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to get snooping rights in Europe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I feel this is the ultimate invasion of data piracy. The banking data of you and me will now available to US and our private transactions can be snooped upon by the US govt. With this, how will we defend ourselves if we are accused of financing terrorism? What if our govt puts us under surveillance based on our banking history?

The EU is about to enter talks with the US on giving it access to banking data in its fight against terrorism. German politicians from across the political spectrum are up in arms, and members of the European Parliament say they will try to scupper any deal that violates data privacy.

US anti-terror officials want to be able to continue examining Europeans' financial transactions, and it appears likely that the European Union is going to comply

Source: www.spiegel.de...

[edit on 28-7-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Between Echelon, Menwith and the flow of data between multi-national corps...this agreement may only be formalizing something that has existed for years. I'm deeply cynical and jaded by politics and power...in spite of this, I hope the EU refuses to formalize the arrangement. It's far less open to exploitation as it stands.

new topics

join