It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Lord! House Bill 8791 !! I'm in a state of shock!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Just imagine you are sitting in Congress and somebody reads the folllowing to you (word for word) and then asks you to vote.

This is a slap in the face to the very constitutional concept of the House of Representatives, a place that is empowered by the CONSTITUTION to MAKE DECEISIONS on matters impacting the nation. How can they do that if this is the kind of infomation they are given?

I mean, why don't they just autostamp everything "yes" and close the capitol dome down, if its reached this level? At least it would save some badly-needed tax bucks.

House Bill 8791Below is the transcript of the explanation of House Bill 8791, as it was read to those about to vote, for or against this piece of legislation, in the US House of Representatives ­ this "Bill" overwhelmingly passed the House.

"Congress shall now vote for approval of HR 8791, The Homeland Terrorism Preparedness Bill as said bill requests Emergency Response Funding up to and including ­ I'm sorry this section is classified ­ dollars to prepare for a national level terrorist attack and or an attack from CLASSIFIED. Funding for first responder personnel and vehicles would be doubled if said attack leads to 80% of national population, being affected by CLASSIFIED. This funding shall commence with the first attack on CLASSIFIED or the first large-scale outbreak of CLASSIFIED, dependent upon which comes first. Civilian and military units shall be trained in containment and combat of CLASSIFIED ­ including irradiated ­ CLASSIFIED with the possibility of CLASSIFIED ­ airborne ­ CLASSIFIED ­ flesh-eating ­ CLASSIFIED, and or all of the above in such event as CLASSIFIED ­ spewing CLASSIFIED ­ or released or otherwise becomes uncontrollable.

Air Force units may also be directed to combat said CLASSIFIED due to their enormous size and other-worldly strengths. Should event occur in urban areas. . . Jesus . . .that's, that's CLASSIFIED ­ far surpassing our darkest nightmares. Should casualties exceed CLASSIFIED body disposal actions shall be halted and associated resources shall be reallocated to CLASSIFIED ­ underground ­ CLASSIFIED protected birthing centers. A new Bill of Rights shall be drafted and approved by ­ CLASSIFIED.

Having now reviewed the Bill I ask you to please cast your vote."

-Broadcast on CSPAN. (1)

More at source
www.rense.com...

[edit on 7/28/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
double post, sorry.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
This is from the Onion.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Oooops. Now I feel like an idiot. They got me. I surrender, I've been had. Yikes.

Still pretty funny, I guess.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Okay. not to sound totally dumb here, but please explain how you were had.

If they had copies of the bill where information was available instead of CLASSIFIED, I could understand them voting on the thing. I am very curious about this.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by free2bme

Its an internet joke son you missed it. An old one at that.

top topics

join