It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloud Busting..?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I noted someone here in this forum once claim that they could "bust" a cloud or cause it to disintegrate by observing it intently while imagining seeing it disappear.

Ok, sounds nuts right?

Well today, on a mostly clear blue sky, I noticed a large white cloud, and this thing about "busting a cloud" came to mind, so I figured what the heck, and so I gave this cloud my full attention, and imagined it disintegrating, and sure enough, it started to shrink, which gave me encouragement, and then it rapidly disintegrated within about two minutes, leaving no trace whatsoever!

So the sceptic in me thinks, ok, it would have surely done the same thing if I wasn't focusing on it, but I had the distinct impression that in that case, it would have just continued to float slowing along and that it would not have disintegrated so fast and so completely.

I'm sure clouds dissipate like that in the atmosphere all the time, and I am close to a mountain range here in Vancouver Canada, but it was a strange experience, since what I intended actually occured.

Does anyone else have any experience or information on this Cloud Busting phenomenon, 'cause it kind of freaked me when it actually happened as per my intention and expectation.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Yes, and yes!!

This works, it truly does. I also approached it from a skeptical pov, but it worked! I was shocked. I've done it many times since then too. One thing I haven't tried, is putting it back again afterwards. Or making a cloud where there was none before. Theoreticly, if you can take one away, you can put one there too. If it's down to intent, then it shouldn't be that hard.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Umm.. The thing is, that's what clouds do, weather your imaganing them disappearing or disintegrating or whatever, THEY CAN DRIFT APART OR APPEAR OR "SHRINK" AND CHANGE FORM REALLY QUICKLY... I mean try not focusing or imaganing a cloud at all.. and couple of minutes later, you would find that it's still changed in some way... Btw, it's way more interesting trying to see clouds as "moving images" than attempting to "bust" them.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Yes, it would be good to be able to put it back it again, if you can make it go away!

I still don't know what to make of this.

My roomate came out for a smoke, and I told him I was looking at this cloud, and that I might even be focusing on it disintegrating, he said it looked like a giant turkey, then he went into the house to get something before heading out, and on his way out, about a minute later, I told him, "well, it's almost gone now". He of course thought I was crazy and said something like, "oh well clouds move by", as if I must have just missed it moving past the trees obscuring it from view, but no, the thing just disintegrate before my astonished eyes, but parts would remain until I focused on them, and then they would vanish, until there was just one spot left, and then it too vanished leaving nothing but clear blue sky, and it happened pretty quickly. It was crazy.

I'm sure that clouds must disappear like that all the time and the notion of being able to focus on one and making is disappear is just a delusion and a coincidence, but it sure didn't seem like that, it was as if I made it go away!

Oh dear - will have to experiment some more with this, and hopefully be able to replace the one's I made go away, like you suggest..!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Crying-Lightning

You don't understand, it didn't drift apart or just change, it shrank, and then vanished from the sky. And it was a BIG white cloud, just sitting there, and it disappeared fairly quickly.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Elvis thought he could do kind of the same thing. Only he says he can make it move.

Elvis and his mafia were out getting donuts one hot summer day and he tells the driver to pull over. He gets everyone out of the car and tells them that he can make a cloud move.

He points out one of the few clouds and tells everyone to watch. He starts to stare at the cloud and after 10 minutes a slight breeze shows up and the cloud starts to move.

He looks at his sweating buddies and says see, I told you I can move clouds.

I'm just saying, clouds move and evaporate. No need to stare at one trying to get it to dissappear, it will evaporate on its own.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

yeah that's kind of how it does it isn't it. You focus on it, and it all goes a bit blurry, then it starts to shrink and the sky can be seen behind, but if you blink and unscramble it all, there's a bit more cloud there. Go back into that little trance of focus, so it blurs up again, and keep it, it goes away completly.

And to the skeptics, try it, it's really easy to do, and the results are instant. And yes, I'm fully aware that clouds dissepate quite quickly. But not to order!! You can even make fun of it, by pretending that you've got a ghost buster photon beam coming out your forehead. You can even go "pew pew pew ZZZZAP" if you like (I do sometimes) It doesn't matter, it works
I think the more fun you make it, and the less you actually "try" the easier it is.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Yeah, they must evaporate like that all the time, but it's something you don't notice, not looking at them, and so when you focus on one, that it completely avaporates in a short period of time means nothing. That said I've looked at large white clouds before and never seen one evaporate like that. Must have just been a coincidence..

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

yeah that's kind of how it does it isn't it. You focus on it, and it all goes a bit blurry, then it starts to shrink and the sky can be seen behind, but if you blink and unscramble it all, there's a bit more cloud there. Go back into that little trance of focus, so it blurs up again, and keep it, it goes away completly.

I have to say, that was precisely my experience, that I could have left some cloud there if I wanted, but I went back at it, and completely erased it, and it seemed to be happening in accordance with my intent. It was very very strange.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Heck maybe you can evaporate clouds. If you are able to do this on a consistent basis then I urge you to take that one million dollar test.

Remember I get half for recommending you take it.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

That Randi prize is bogus. Ruppert Sheldrake would have taken it a long time ago with his experiments if it was legit. I even emailed him about it, and his assistant sent me back information showing how it's set up so that no one can win it, or provide sufficient proof to satisfy, and the cash isn't even available, it's some sort of bond or something.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

It was a joke.

Nobody can pass it because nobody has the ability they claim prior to the test.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

If I can do it, and if acidtastic can do it, like he said, then you can do it also.

I suggest a clear blue sky day with large white fluffies set well apart on their own. And just pick one, and if you can make it go away, try bring it back again, and have a witness with you, or a camcorder.

I'll try another one tomorrow!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Thats ok.

Not to make fun of you or anything, but I have better things to do then to stare at the sky trying to get a cloud to evaporate and come back.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Don't try it on a clear blue sky with only a couple of clouds. These reshappe or vanish all the time. Instead, try to shoot a hole into a big cloud and if the hole appears where you intentioned it to appear, you can do it

By the way, in the book "The art of Qi Kung" the author describes how he performed this cloud-busting with Qi. And he is a great Shaolin monk and did lots of healing etc., so, actually i think it's possible

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
if i go outside with full thick cloud cover, and stay in one place for any amount of time, more than 10 minutes. i see huge holes open up in the clouds.

i have also noticed holes in the clouds over sports fields.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I have the feeling it works better lately. I was on a festival outside and while it was raining left and right from us the terrain was clear of rain and we never even seen a drip come down. It was nice to see
. Even made a animated GIF from the cloud data the day after and it was visible. Will post it here when i get the chance

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Thats ok.

Not to make fun of you or anything, but I have better things to do then to stare at the sky trying to get a cloud to evaporate and come back.

so you're basicly unwilling to see for yourself if this works or not, yet you are willing to condem it as bollocks without giving it too much thought? It takes like, 5 minutes tops, to get a result. That's the mark of a psuedoskeptic (no offense ment, but I call it as I see it)

correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
If you don't believe it works then it won't. I stood outside just a couple days ago for the first time and busted 3 clouds in a row.

There are still things about this world we don't fully understand. So don't think for a minute we or anyone here as it all figured out.. anything is possible.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Originally posted by jd140

Thats ok.

so you're basicly unwilling to see for yourself if this works or not, yet you are willing to condem it as bollocks without giving it too much thought? It takes like, 5 minutes tops, to get a result. That's the mark of a psuedoskeptic (no offense ment, but I call it as I see it)

correct me if I'm wrong.

As I said before, maybe the OP can do it.

I personally would feel like a fool staring at a cloud to see if I can burst it. If it is something that you think you can do and enjoy doing it then by all means stare away.

Call me anything you want. I don't see the need to try it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join