It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Taser device can shock 3 people without reload

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

New Taser device can shock 3 people without reload

news.yahoo.com

FOUNTAIN HILLS, Arizona – A Taser stun gun, capable of shocking three people without being reloaded, was unveiled Monday in front of hundreds of law enforcement officers who applauded after watching six rounds of the barbed wire fired at metal targets.

The demonstration at the Scottsdale-based company's annual conference was performed by Taser International Chairman Tom Smith, and his brother, CEO Rick Smith, who says the device will become the new standard for police officers who want greater tactical abilities.

The device is the first new stun gun Taser International has introduced
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
So taser guns just got a new upgrade. In the hands of police officers this can really help against out of control criminals who could be heavily armed or dangerous. On the other hand, in the hands of a rogue police officer this new taser will most likely be abused. Let's also not forget that tasers can also cause death to a few unfortunate individuals. so, what are your thoughts on this ATS members?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Just wonderful. Is this really what we need?

I mean I agree it could be used to "shock" 3 criminals at once or whatever it does but I personally see this being abused more often than not!

Peace

[edit on 28-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Great, now a cop can taze an old woman, a dog, and an innocent bystander without reloading. ... And why did he taze the innocent bystander ?? Because why waste a third round ???

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Never a dull moment in weaponry technology!

I'm sure the USA has expended more money than any other nation in the history of man in inventing and devising different ways to kill and/or hurt people.

I imagine the next "jump" for TASER INC would be to build a mob taser that can take out an entire mob in a single shot.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

You bet this will be abused. I'm sure this will be used WAY more often by the corrupt officials than those police officers who care for the people (yes there still are good police officers out there, but the bad apples seem to be growing in numbers lately).

I wonder how long before someone dies from this new devise? I do see the pros in this new technology, but it's the cons what I'm worried about. This new taser is just screaming to be abused.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by newworld
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

You bet this will be abused. I'm sure this will be used WAY more often by the corrupt officials than those police officers who care for the people (yes there still are good police officers out there, but the bad apples seem to be growing in numbers lately).

I wonder how long before someone dies from this new devise? I do see the pros in this new technology, but it's the cons what I'm worried about. This new taser is just screaming to be abused.

I agree. In my opinion with a lot of these devices and weapons the cons usually way outweigh the pros!

Peace

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I want one.

By the way, anyone know if tazers are allowed for civilian use/sale?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by howardbeale
I want one.

By the way, anyone know if tazers are allowed for civilian use/sale?

I think they used to be, not sure anymore. I'm a gun owner but not into things like tasers. But I think back in the 90s a lot of women used to get tasers for rapists and stuff. I have no idea about nowadays though. IMO though from what I've heard and seen these things are abused MUCH more than guns because they are "non lethal". So screw tazers, imo.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
This is the last thing people need. They should be taking the existing ones back as LEO's have more than demonstrated that they cant handle them.
When tazers started to become popular some were worried about how police will use them. Noone listened and now we have cops tazering eldelry, children and comatose people.

Btw, there was a topic about this started earlier than this but now it's 404???

[edit on 28/7/2009 by PsykoOps]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
That's just great more "non-lethal" devices for some cops to torture (and possibly kill) people with. Why don't they just admit they've declared a free for all on citizens and get it over with.

I don't mind the good cops having them, but there are far too many bad cops out there abusing those things right now. I think they should get that situation under control before they start issuing the new more dangerous ones.

I believe that LEO's that were there were applauding and just itchin to get their hands on one too, like this LEO.....

Fred Cheatham, an officer with Escondido police in California, said he thinks the new Tasers seem too bulky but that he would appreciate being able to fire the device three times without reloading.

"I can see a lot of applications for that," he said.

I bet he can.

This is nice of them....

Officers at the conference will receive free ones provided they pass an operating test.

Imagine if only 100 LEO's in each of the fifty states are issued one of these it's gonna cost us almost $9 million
And you know there will be way more than 5,000 issued, i can think of way better things for our tax dollars to be spent on.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
More brilliant ways for the police to be the judges in addition to the punishers.

Its a wonder they don't just demand everyone has a chip that allows the police to press a button to deliver a massive electrical shock.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This was already posted yesterday....

just thought i'd let ya know incase u missed it...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
on the flipside

B.C. government tells police to 'severely restrict' Taser use

The British Columbia government has directed "all police, sheriffs and corrections officers in B.C." to immediately "severely restrict the use" of Tasers in response to recommendations by the Braidwood inquiry.
www.calgaryherald.com...

Canada wins!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by notsosweet

It was? I missed it then. Would someone be so kind as to merge this one with the other thread if that is possible? Sorry for the inconvenience.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The other thread went 404. I've never seen that before on the board, maybe it was tazer inc. who bought ATS?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

So the other thread is gone? then keep this one open, I guess... Maybe there is a conspiracy to keep this information out? anyway, i hope people at least read the article in yahoo. this is relevant information, considering how people are talking about possible false flag attacks/ police state/ etc.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Tesla technology is the best technology.
Put your money on Tesla technology.
Very little current is used.
They just made mini wire, spools and darts.

top topics

join