It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two issues: Prejudice against vegetarians and the pervasiveness of gelatin in food products

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: CrowServo

Vegans and vegetarians get lambasted because they pass moral judgement on others so often.

^^ This!

Lately vegans and vegetarians are accusing people when they post pictures of their meals. I have seen that on facebook and twitter too often lately. And not just common people: Welsh police posted a pic of their breakfast the other day and hundreds of vegans twitted to complain it was offensive to them (it was a farmhouse breakfast with eggs, bacon and sausages).

Chris Pratt posted a meat picture and thousands starting attacking him online, saying 'murder is not cool' etc.

I am all for not killing unnecessary animals, hence in my house we eat vegetarian at least twice or three times a week. But attacking others when vegans also have animal blood in their hands (killed during land preparation or harvesting) is hypocritical and it needs to stop.

Let's live and let live.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I’m all for wat whatvwe you want but I think like others have said is how so many of us where aren’t vegan get ostracized

Hell this last week on ATS we had 3 threads from Vegans telling us how horrible we were for eating a meaty diet

You should look through it , so many lengthy posts ostracizing is.

So of course we’re gonna get a bit defensive

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Went to a Vegan Mexican place the other day in Dallas. The place was packed and the food was pretty great. Also, a lot of grocery stores around DFW are carrying more and more vegetarian and vegan products. Aldi even started its own line of vegetarian foods, but they still demand your quarters.

Seems like Austin has as many vegan / vegetarian places as it does gun stores.

It's a pretty good time to be vegan or vegetarian in this area, but Big Ag does indeed have its nose in the tent. Yuge industry there.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join