It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Successful Prophecies

page: 1
5
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If I made a thread about failed prophecies, I could post thousands.

But I'm rather interested to see if anyone can show me a prophecy that came true.

Can you?

The more clear the connection between prophecy and actual event, the better, really.



I'm interested...




posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I prophesied that you would start this thread. I swear! Seriously, I'm curious as you are. I can't think of any, but I hope something will pop up. Something more substantiated than my own prophecy...

[edit on 28-7-2009 by ajmusicmedia]



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
according to the kalki puran, tigers would become extinct
this puran is believed to be very old, wikipedia says that it existed prior to the 16'th century. It's interesting that this puran picks out a particular animal ( the tiger) from all the wildlife around in those days, and makes such a prediction like this
today, the tiger is pretty close to becoming extinct



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The issue with most prophecies is they are written pre-industrial revolution and thus the author had no words to describe what they saw. This results in modern times we negate the prophecy as not fitting within a set of circumstances. I think the HOPI prophecies are very accurate in what they have stated.


"My people await Pahana, the lost White Brother, [from the stars] as do all our brothers in the land. He will not be like the white men we know now, who are cruel and greedy. we were told of their coming long ago. But still we await Pahana. "He will bring with him the symbols, and the missing piece of that sacred tablet now kept by the elders, given to him when he left, that shall identify him as our True White Brother. "The Fourth World shall end soon, and the Fifth World will begin. This the elders everywhere know. The Signs over many years have been fulfilled, and so few are left.

"This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder.

"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes -- the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies."

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes -- the coming of the white men's cattle."

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron."

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."

"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.

"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.

"These are the Signs that great destruction is coming. The world shall rock to and fro. The white man will battle against other people in other lands -- with those who possessed the first light of wisdom. There will be many columns of smoke and fire such as White Feather has seen the white man make in the deserts not far from here. Only those which come will cause disease and a great dying.

"Many of my people, understanding the prophecies, shall be safe. Those who stay and live in the places of my people also shall be safe. Then there will be much to rebuild. And soon -- very soon afterward -- Pahana will return. He shall bring with him the dawn of the Fifth World. He shall plant the seeds of his wisdom in their hearts. Even now the seeds are being planted. These shall smooth the way to the Emergence into the Fifth World.



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Say hello to Vanga, the legendary predictor from Bulgaria....



Legendary Bulgarian prophetess Vanga predicted most horrible catastrophes


Her most shocking prediction was made in 1980. The blind old woman said: “At the turn of the century, in August of 1999 or 2000, Kursk will be covered with water, and the whole world will be weeping over it.”


And since Pravda is a reliable newssite i have no doubts about the validity



Peace



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
to ExPostFacto

That may very well be. Then again, perhaps it's gibberish. A prophecy as the one you show can be interpreted in many ways. For example:

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron."

Some will say this this foresaw the advent of the railway. Others will say highways (asphalt could be interpreted as iron to someone who has never seen one). It could also be talking about a new breed of snakes...

Then there's the translation. In the original text, what was the word used for "iron"? Does it really translate as iron, or could it be steel, or copper or nickel or metal?

And then you have context. What did the prochecy mean by "land"? The Hopi land? North America? The world?

And the basis... Was this really a prophecy or was it merely a bedtime story that is interpreted today as a prophecy?

Finally, is this real or is it a modern forgery?

Understand that I'm not trying to debunk this prophecy, I simply want to make the point that lack of words may not be the proper explanation.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by ajmusicmedia]



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
There's thousands of examples of them powering the technology you use everyday! The technology which sent the Cassini-Hyugens probe slingshotting around the inner solar system, back off of Earth, off Jupiter, and through a gap in the rings of Saturn.

Those are more predictions, though, based on a workable understanding of reality. Prophecy is more just mystical guesswork and vague wording. Which is why, I guess, you see such a huge disparity between the two.



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   


The most famous and best known prophecies about the popes are those attributed to St. Malachy


www.biblebelievers.org.au...

this is an interesting one. one more pope afer this one and its bye bye!!


[edit on 28-7-2009 by grantbeed]



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ajmusicmedia
 


Yeah I agree with you. Your example is why some don't believe in prophecies because they never seem to add up. The biggest prophecy is the bible. Preachers say it's doom and gloom. I say that's one interpretation, and I'll go with my interpretation that prophecies of the bible talk about a spiritual battle not a physical one. I like my interpretation better because it makes more sense to me. Others interpret in another way.



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto
 


The problem with the hopi prophecies is that: They weren't published until 1964. They very well could of been around before that (and likely had!) but there's no way to prove it.

Which means only one of those was published before it happpened



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I think we live in a Time line and that a few gifted persons can actually look into the future.

I don't think all prophets out there spewing out prophecies are legit but I think there are a few selected individuals which might just be able to have this kind of ability.



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7
 


I'm sorry you believe this and have been suckered by those who "have a special gift that only a few selected individuals have been blessed with."

Everyone one of us has the ability to foresee the future. It's just a matter of whether you believe in your own ability and practice.

If Humans only use 10% - 15% of our brain capacity, what is the remaining 85% - 90% doing? Laying dormant.

Why? Because man-made religions designed to control us through fear and guilt shut off our 6th sense abilities.

Don't be in awe of those who can do. Practice so that you can too!



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Learn about prophecy first.

Here are some prophets covered in the pdf file below.
Joshua, Judges, Samuel, Kings, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and Daniel.
The Prophets (pdf)

Who are todays prophets?
It’s Not Fun Being a Prophet - The True Prophets

The true prophets of today do not have the title “President” in front of their names, like Shimon Peres has. They do not walk down red carpets. They do not socialize with the ‘Beautiful Elite People’. They do not receive honor, wear thousand dollar suits or receive fancy invitations to international galas. The true prophets of today are spat on, kicked around, castigated, arrested and sit in jail. They are people working three jobs, driving taxis, living on hill tops in tents or make shift housing because they live their belief of settling the Land of Israel. They are the people who get beat up at demonstrations and sit in jail. These are today’s true prophets.


Then see how recent politics are affected by so called prophets.
Hidden prophets

Exclusive Brethren heavyweights … from left, Phillip McNaughton, Athol Greene and Daniel Hales.




PROPHECY and PROPHETS

Rabbi Meir Kahane
Rabbi Meir Kahane at National Press Club, Part 1
Rabbi Meir Kahane at National Press Club, Part 2 of 3
Rabbi Meir Kahane at National Press Club, Part 3 of 3

Debate - Rabbi Meir Kahane vs. Prof. Alan Dershowitz, 1/4
Debate - Rabbi Meir Kahane vs. Prof. Alan Dershowitz, 2/4
Debate - Rabbi Meir Kahane vs. Prof. Alan Dershowitz, 3/4
Debate - Rabbi Meir Kahane vs. Prof. Alan Dershowitz, 4/4


Don't forget Mohammed and Jesus.
Find out more....


[edit on 28-7-2009 by imd12c4funn]



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
my tv guide is pretty accurate, tells me whats on weeks in advance....how does it know??



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nivcharah
reply to post by muse7
 

I'm sorry you believe this and have been suckered by those who "have a special gift that only a few selected individuals have been blessed with."

Everyone one of us has the ability to foresee the future. It's just a matter of whether you believe in your own ability and practice.


Yeah well I had a theory that I put forward in an assignment at University a few years ago. Got decent marks...doesn't mean much.

The theory was this...from quantum mechanics it was shown through experimentation that a photon can exist in two places at the same time. If a photon can exist at time one, let's say T1 and location 1 and 2 (L1 and L2) then I proposed that perhaps it could exist in another time as well. To us time is something amazing, but really isn't time another dimension like x and y on a graph?

For me, that made me think physics might exist if they're able to control what light they receive. It's really only an attempt to enable predicting the future to exist as another part of science much like our sciences now which would have been considered many years ago in the same ball park as predicting the future is now.



If Humans only use 10% - 15% of our brain capacity, what is the remaining 85% - 90% doing? Laying dormant.

Why? Because man-made religions designed to control us through fear and guilt shut off our 6th sense abilities.

Don't be in awe of those who can do. Practice so that you can too!


Is it possible that the rest of the brain is redundancy? Maybe God works in IT? Or maybe the skull is a box and the rest of the brain is filler and God worked in a warehouse packing boxes?

Don't mean to offend, only being factitious. I believe we should be able to use more of our brain...maybe it's an evolution thing?

You also say we all can, but how do we practice? I mean I do feel as though at times I know what's about to happen, but tends to be the immediate future, like I look at my phone before it rings or go to the door before someone knocks, so nothing as amazing as predicting years in advance



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by comfortablynumb

Don't mean to offend, only being factitious. I believe we should be able to use more of our brain...maybe it's an evolution thing?

You also say we all can, but how do we practice? I mean I do feel as though at times I know what's about to happen, but tends to be the immediate future, like I look at my phone before it rings or go to the door before someone knocks, so nothing as amazing as predicting years in advance

 


Maybe it is and evolution thing. The more evolved we get the more our brain turns on? Or maybe we unlock compartments of our brain as we use it more by thinking outside the proverbial box?


Either way, it won't happen until we stop watching 'reality' tv and news and other mind-numbing shows. We need to silence our egos and open our minds to possibilities.

A friend of mine (who is now a filmmaker) had a vision of 9/11 when he was a child. He didn't know what to make of it. Then it happened. (You can watch his documentary on Youtube)

Besides, IF we are all truly one-mind and one-spirit and time is a fallacy, then it is only logical to believe we are all able to predict the future and have knowledge of everything. And believing anything less would be illogical.



posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I've heard this claim again and again...... that we only use ten percent of our brain. I'm sorry, but its utter nonsense. I don't know where this 'fact' first emerged - but I've heard it repeatedly.

That doesn't necessarily affect my overall stance on this debate, but in such a speculative area of discussion, I think it is necessary to be as accurate as possible. If not, then not only are we groping in the dark, but groping in the dark with our hands tied behind our back whilst drunk and walking on black ice. Or something. Feel free to use your own metaphor if you like....!



posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
OK, so having gone over the replies, I still don't see any non-refutable evidence of prophecies that actually came to pass.

I certainly am not saying that it is impossible. I do believe that it is possible. I just haven't seen one yet.



posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Nivcharah
 




If Humans only use 10% - 15% of our brain capacity, what is the remaining 85% - 90% doing? Laying dormant. Why? Because man-made religions designed to control us through fear and guilt shut off our 6th sense abilities.


Name one single scientific study that's come out in the last 15 years which suggests that humans only use 10-15% of our brain capacity. Physically, even if this urban myth were true, it would be impossible to use 100%, or even 80% of your brain. Your brain accounts for only about 3% of your body mass (give or take, depending) - yet it uses over 20% of your bodies total energy expended in a day. So, if we're not using 90% of our brains, then 10% capacity = roughly 20% total energy for the body.

You'd never reach even 50% capacity before you died, sorry to say.

The truth of the matter is, you use pretty much all of your brain, all of the time. Not always at the same energy consumption rates... as different tasks rely on different portions of the brain for their function. Your motor cortex is barely active when you're sitting stationary while reading a book. Yet it's in high gear when you're running a relay race. The vast, vast, vast, majority of your brain's functions are dedicated to doing basic survival routines. Regulating balance, processing somatosensory information, regulating body temperature, pattern recognition, color sampling and application to peripheral vision (humans are colorblind to peripheral vision, but the brain compensates), etc, etc, etc.

From what we can see of the brain's function, in both our own species and other species, it seems that "consciousness" is not even the forte of the brain. There's no brain region responsible for consciousness, and there has been no (to my knowledge) known region of the brain which "heightens" consciousness when highly active. Perceptional awareness, yes... but not consciousness. Not even chemical substances which supposedly have that effect.

Our brains are actually a very badly quilted patchwork mess, because the brain (even in humans) was never meant to be optimized in any way.. at least, no more than what would be beneficial in the wild. This is why humans fail so bad at numbers in comparison to computers. Advanced mathematics simply wasn't a selection factor in the sub-Saharan plains of Africa. Pattern recognition is, which is why we can do far more pattern checks (most done subconsciously, as well as simulation and models of probably future events) than computers at far less of an energy consumption. Why? Because we designed computers to do exactly what we're bad at. Storing information and recalling it accurately and reliably, crunching numbers, and hosting deathmatches.

Wait.. we're actually really good at hosting deathmatches, but the more permanent kind. We can't negotiate IP traffic very well though.

University of California
The Origin of the Human Brain: Imaging and Evolution.


TedTalks Director
Steven Pinker: The Stuff of Thought.

This is actually a very interesting speech regarding how the brain shapes language, but just as influential is how language affects how you think.


There's LOT of good information we've learned about the brain in the last 25 years. So please don't go around spreading misconceptions like these "We only use 10% of our brain" mytheries and memes. Oh.. and you guys might want to refrain from mentioning Evolution further since you're WAY off base as it is.

Oh, and blaming "Tha Church!" for people not having psychic powers... that's pretty weak. That's like, Weekly World News BatBoy in love triangle with Bush and UFO Alien kinda speculative claim. I suppose you kinda just wrote biological reasons off right out of the gate, considering how poorly you seem to represent evolution and even the most basic understanding of actual brain function.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Lasheic]



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nivcharah
reply to post by muse7
 


If Humans only use 10% - 15% of our brain capacity, what is the remaining 85% - 90% doing? Laying dormant.



Myth.

This is the problem with a movement like ATS and the internet. How can you verify anything? And the people discussing things are at such different levels of knowledge that it all needs to start with dispelling myths. As long as people still believe things like this, most discussion is useless.

On topic, no prophecy will ever be exact. There are several reasons for this including but not limited to:

-- the lack of language to describe what the person is seeing
-- drugs playing a part in inducing the consciousness needed to prophecy can distort the visions
-- the existence of multiple timelines makes is impossible to know what timeline a prophet is seeing. Are all their prophecies from the same variant? Are they seeing a mix of variants?

All these things make verifying prophecy impossible, and prophecy itself mostly useless, in my humble opinion.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by El Davicho]



new topics

top topics



 
5
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join