It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did everything come out of nothing?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
There is one question that has been really fascinating me lately.

How did the Creator/Consciousness know how to create form?

I mean all there was was nothingness. And surely the idea of form must of appeared or something.

Now I look at a flower and I am fascinated at how such a form can be created when it seems almost impossible that it can come from a seemingly "mindless" consciousness.

How can things come from nothing? Is everything still nothing? Isn't energy made of vibration and isn't vibraton formless? Isn't all made from nothing?

Nothing exists? Everything exists through nonexistence nothingness?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Perhaps everything stems from the very place we go to create reality, ..... Imagination. And are we not made in his image ?? .... are we not this thing called god ?? The process of creation has never ended, we are doing it now, everyday...... and maybe it never really began, what if the end only leads us back to the beginning, .... and back to eachother.

The big bang only took place on a physical level, giving rise to the illusion. We exist multidimensionaly, ..... in some form or another, we have existed before it, and will do so much after the universe collapses again.

Infinity is a long time to imagine this stuff up.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'm just glad to be here!

It would suck if everything was really nothing at all, too boring.

The reason I think is creative play, the how is another matter.

Sacred geometry and the seed of life may hold the key, when one thing extended itself spacially, but it's one heck of a mystery.

It'll be interesting to see if anything interesting manifests itself from this thread that you created from nothing..

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Many QM studies have shown matter to emerge from pure energy. Goes along the lines of the Observer Effect in Quantum Mechanics. IF there was a consciousness around to see it all into action, then that consciousness required energy, which would suggest that energy is eternal. As long as there is energy, then anything is possible once that energy begins to collapse into different forms of matter, other energy types etc.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonah0julian
There is one question that has been really fascinating me lately.

How did the Creator/Consciousness know how to create form?

I mean all there was was nothingness. And surely the idea of form must of appeared or something.

Now I look at a flower and I am fascinated at how such a form can be created when it seems almost impossible that it can come from a seemingly "mindless" consciousness.

How can things come from nothing? Is everything still nothing? Isn't energy made of vibration and isn't vibraton formless? Isn't all made from nothing?

even nothingness was something right, god is the build block of everything before nothingness there was god, god always was there fore he didnt come out of nothing. he always was. hes what some may call the foundation of reality himself hes consiousness hes physical hes everything because he always was. and if you believe in the big bang what created the gases because as we all know gas disperces, period it cant just stay in one space right, it disperces something had to create the gravity so what created the gravity to make the gas stay in one space right. plus what ignites the gas to burn? when gas combines it doesnt ignite. so it proves in creationism or divine creation right. so basically all of this had to be made to work together it wasnt just changed to work together over time that would have been chaos and wouldnt have worked.

god has been directing everything since the beginning of time and before time exsisted as a reality. god in himself is all forms of reality yet is the foundation of reality itself as i said before god is everything if you need more just ask specifically and ill tell you .

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Who says something came out of nothing? Our universe came out of something, but since we need to operate within our universe there is no way of knowing what it would be like prior to the big bang.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

If you have come so far, you are ready for some spiritual exploration.

The simple answer is no one knows how everything came into existence and why is a even bigger question.

A viewpoint says that everything is because of necessity of there being something, as nothing cannot exist. This something is really very simple (may be a sea of potential) and whatever complex stuff is there is our own creation (an illusion of mind).

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I think nothing came out of something, instead of something coming out of nothing. I think something is much older then nothing.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
It didn't.

We just don't know the cause. There's a big difference between "Nothing" and "We don't know yet"... namely honesty.

The same argument can be turned against Theists as well.

What Created Everything? - God.

Who created god? - Nobody, God is outside of Space/Time, therefore infinite.

A programmer is outside of the space/time of his simulation. Who's to say that God's universe which is timeless/spaceless to us, is timeless/spaceless to him?

Since god supposedly is outside of space/time - we cannot know anything about his universe or it's limitations on him - even while supposedly/apparently omnipotent relative to ours. Therefore, the answer again ends in "I don't know" to the question of what came before god - and must fall back on quoting scripture to tell you to kindly stfu and stop asking difficult questions.

Science is merely cutting out suppositions and conjecture about things we cannot know (outside of our space/time reality) but can only be taken on faith, and advancing the "We Don't Know" up a notch to just before the "we DO knows", or "we have evidence to suggests...".

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Well, scientificly speaking everything came out of one thing... A single atom...

Religiously speaking everything came out of one thing... god.

Spiritual everything came out of one thing... the all.

I guess what my thoughts are, are everything did not come out of nothing. There has always been something around. Call it an atom, god, the all or anything else you like.

I suspect that that one thing that each genre sees is actually the same thing but because they are viewing it through different glasses it appears to be something different.

Does that make sense?

For me the question is what exactly is that one thing that everything came out of? Was it completely random as a lot of science seems to suggests? Was it the act of an intelligent force/being?

Ultimately, no one knows the answer, but it is one of life's greatest questions. What is life? Where did it come from? Why does life exist?

Here is something to meditate on... Everything did not come out of nothing but nothing came out of everything.... or rather is it nothing did not come out of everything but everything came out of nothing?

Can nothing exist without everything? Can everything exist without nothing? I say neither can exist with out the other because you can not know "everything" Unless you know "Nothing...and vice versa....

My brain just melted a little bit.

I am off to meditate!

Peace and love!

[edit on 28-7-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
My answer would be that it never "came out" of nothing, that it is still right in the belly of it.

Buddhism says everything is illusion. Nothing is "real" and nothing is "not real," there is only something that no one can ever say words about, because the minute you think or say something about it, that is another part of the illusion.

All the dimensions are nested in each other. What is the highest one? Not contained in any of the others, the Tao te Ching says it's formless, and totally unreachable. Its transcendence and defiance of definition seem to be its defining qualities. "Nothing" or "no thing" seems to be what "it" is: a void. That contains all possible potentials across all dimensions, but still resides among them all equally without choosing any of them yet. A total void, which means it avoids "everything" on all levels, neither "here" nor "there."

It still exists, it has never gone away.

How did "something" come out of it?

I'm not sure it ever changed at all, and I don't think anything ever happened. Nothing ever came out of it.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
ok this is what happen

A = God created the universe, that will explain why there is such thing as space, i am not talking about the universe, as I belive there are many universes habiting space, but where did this space itself come from, and why is there one? it be far more simpler if there was just nothing at all, so god got bored by himself and just created everything out of the big bang or the many big bangs , also our conciouness, the I in our viewpoint, and why it is that I am this person right now looking through this eyes, deciding to type this, if 40 years ago i dident even excist, what was I doing in that time, when i was not here ? How did i become an observer in this world? this questions mostly make me do belive in a god, or some kinda higher power that we are not aware of.

OR

B = we are just very lucky, this planet had a 1000 things happen out of luck, to be able to create any kind of life, and out of luck or maybe mathematics life was created and 500000 years later we are here, because we are so lucky that we have this perfect conditions without any asteroids or random abnormalitys destroying life every 10 20 years , and is just all luck, and maybe this only happens once in every universe or maybe it happens all over us we just don't know it yet. And the universe is just runned by simple matematics that just grew more complex. No god needed, the big bang was just two universes collinding in hyper space or something. and we are just very complex robots , but through an eye of a alien we would be very simple.

or

C = this hole thing doesn't excist i am just dreaming, you guys are all just part of my dream as i never seen anyone else conciouness or experinced it so i would think you are all just part of my dream, and when i wake up everything will make more sense.

so in conclusion, is a big mystery and somehow i feel, everyone just tells us to go with it, work your ass off everyday go to sleep at night, so some other big company guy can make profit out of our actions in this world, and when we ask where was i before i was born and what happens after death, we just get a could shoulder and told to work some more

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
It is the same thing as asking the question - if the universe is expanding, what is it expanding into? Same thing.

Everything is both something and nothing, and you cannot have one without the other.

Therefore I'm forced to conclude that at some level "it" always was.

It would also appear that the universe is God actualizing himself (herself) by generating self conscious awareness in an eternally self referencial manner.

It's not unlike undergoing an ego death with nothing but faith that on the other side, one will find their true identity.

It pleased God to share His kingdom with all his children, in part, because otherwise there would be no kingdom at all.

But at the very heart of it is an ineffible mystery, which involves a relative frame of reference, in relation to infinity.

Taoism and Buddhism come very close it would seem, but then again Christianity comes in by re-framing the Tao in a type of family framework according to the relativity of human being within the context of the Tao, so that individual integrety and brotherly love does not just dissolve in an endless sea of formless form. In other words, if reality was just a void, then a void is all it would be. What is missing in Buddhism and Taoism is imhho, completed in Christianity.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Actually, it is far more likely that the Void existent prior to inception of that-which-is was an infinitely variable potential point awaiting the first potentiality to arise.

It likely occurred over trillions of years (Relatively speaking) that a convergent trans-substantiation formulated out of the Void, likely a bubbling sense of something that eventually became self-aware; Creation itself a confluence of it's self realization and the first vibrational solidification of that awareness. This would be an acknowledgment of identity, "I AM" or such... which is of course a gross oversimplification, but the inception of a self-aware thought would cause a trans-substantiation on the firmament, because with identity comes location and relative position, expanding rapidly outwards to fill the potential space.

Of course, I have doubts as to how coherent this may be to others. It would seem self obvious to me; the universe came into existence only through the existence of will. Without attributing any other elements to this will which enabled what-is.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

Wow!

What he just said (ponting up).

You ought to post over in the atheist thread, where they are claiming to be smarter or more intelligent than believers in God.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

It is rarely the case that Atheists know better or more than Theists. Both are insufferable buffoons who are describing an Elephant Blindfolded.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Your question is just too vague to give any definite response.

In the broadest possible sense, the answer is that nothing came from nothing and everything came from something. This however only holds true if you accept the scientific explanation to the origin of the universe. Theological explanations are many .

Coming to the flower, it would be the product of evolutionary changes that have occurred for a few billion years. Now, I'm not a biological scientist and dont know all the facts regarding flowers or their evolution but I would venture a guess that they are probably the shape they are today -from the petals to the stem, to the stamen and so on due to their advantages in the propagation and growth of that particular plant species. On a more philosophical note, I would add that the flowers has always been in existence in many shapes and colors and it is you who has come to appreciate their features. Then again, it could be some evolutionary or some sociological reason why people like small brightly colored fragrant objects.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

My question to you is why does it have to be over time? What does time have to do with anything?

I understand you are thinking from the perspective that intelligent life had to evolve and all that but forget even all that. "Time" is actually a motion in a medium as you describe it. It moves "forward" from our perspective. So something has already been created and is happening even "before" time even exists, to set up the medium and the energy or other means for the motion, which is something so abstract to us that it could have well been an intelligent action for all we know. But "before" doesn't even fit it, because again, time doesn't even exist in these "places," nor does space necessarily have to.

There are theories and good circumstantial evidence from scientists like MIT's Dr. William Tiller that shows our consciousness here in time and space is still connected to higher dimensions that can access information beyond time and space limitations through quantum mechanisms that our brains are sensitive to. I happen to follow that line of thought from several different angles, so to speak.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
If you want a look at what Einstein and Planck amongst others thought try this link

www.grandunifiedtheory.org.il...

It has links to these as well

Brownian motion, Coriolis force 2. energy-space, quant constant, time-space, quant constant, Van der Walls force, Quant constant, Photn motion,
Gravity, Newton's ,Einstein's Time, How to prevent Hurricane, Wave theory and gender, Gender definition, Doppler phenomenon, Brain, Gravity waves, Solar systems creation, Space-time, Quant constants, fundemantal force 2 , Why Women live longer ? , The creation of life ,
Aurora, Evolution of sex, Infinite universe , Eternal universe ,The universe paradox , Hypnosis, Quantum universe , Brain time machine , United nature theory, Quantum gravity, Fundamental forces

All in all enough to keep you reading for a long time while seriously stressing out the old brain

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I state time because most people are incapable of facilitating a cognizant mental construction of a non-time parity.

In truth, as I describe it with "TIME", it very well could be a non-zero indefinable point of non-temporality. From a functionalist parameter, it would appear from a time observer to "Have always been" due to it's necessary preconception prior to the existence of dimensional depth.

From a non-time observer, the moment of inception would be both instantaneous and eternally on the cusp.

Religion tends to dilute and simplify this genesis as mankind, both now and six thousand years ago, is too primitive to conceptualize their maker without resulting in anthropomorphism and a gross misuse of dimensionality with their reality constructs.

A Universe is birthed in the inevitable, unavoidable accident of Potentiality. It, aware of itself, propogates to fill the potential space provided in the void, whose boundaries are none as it represents the waitin of non-euclidian possibility to succumb to ordered omniousness.

Even these words are insufficient to describe the sequence of non-events that align to the singular event giving rise to existence.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join