It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RKG-3 anti-tank grenade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is a nasty weapon. It has a parachute so that when you throw it above a vehicle, it comes straight down and explodes a shaped charge down through the vehicle to cause maximum damage through the most weakly armored part, the roof.

I just got off the phone with one of my army buddies, he said particularly we are getting our asses kicked by these. His brother just signed up for the Army, and has been attacked by these 2x in Afghanistan. The first time both the driver and the dude riding shotgun in the up-armored humvee were killed, during the first week of his deployment, and then again yesterday he watched 3 guys get shredded 1 kiilled by this same weapon.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.dailymotion.com...

Not a new weapon, it is russian in origin, and was developed in the 60's.

inert-ord.net...

Very nasty.

Very excellent for fighting a guerrilla war, against armored vehicles.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
A hummer is not what I called armored. Even if you slap armor on it.

It is a sitting duck, as far as I am concerned.

Now, Let's see how it works on a M1A2 Abrams (or T-90). Or a Cougar. I bet it will not be anywhere near as potent.

In fact, I am willing to bet it will not penetrate the MBT's. Even from the roof. But maybe I am wrong.

But if you get in a Hummer, do not expect to survive any explosives. Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Yeah, a humvee is just an off road suburban. The grenade in question will punch through up to 165mm of armor, I don't know how much is on top of an abrams turret. Or a bradley for that matter. I think that they pretty much only throw them at light armored vehicles, as throwing them at tanks, is probably a great way to get killed.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Those guy are very clever, thats a very good and hard to combat tactic.

No need to plan an attack in the USA when we are going to them....

new topics

top topics

join