It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living in the Past

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yeah yeah, laugh it up. I know this is a title of a Jethro Tull song.
Check this out though:

-----
Living in the past: People want to believe what they have been taught is the truth, because their parents and grandparents and all their ancestors believed it. Because it is tradition, it is the way it has always been; it is established and entrenched in the culture. It is not easy for people to change their view of themselves and the world. In the past change was almost impossible for people; in some places it still is. It can even get you killed, but change is going to happen anyway; the truth cannot be stopped. As more people become educated, more people will see the truth or at least see that what they have been taught is false or incomplete, and that is the start. The past can be our best friend if the truth is seen, or our worst enemy if the truth is not seen.

We will not give up our old traditions, customs and rituals. There is nothing wrong with them as long as people know the truth. If people know the truth, they will see the truth and true benefit in them and not be misled by them as they are now. Old traditions, customs and rituals serve a positive purpose; they bring people together and give structure to life. Nothing has to change except perspective.

New truth vs. old truth: Many people think “the older the better” when it comes to the truth. The opposite is the truth. Knowledge always evolves and gets more complete and accurate. The latest is almost always the most accurate when it comes to explanations of the truth and most other things. I know more than I did yesterday, and I will know more tomorrow than I do today. It is the same with everyone; knowledge grows as time goes by. Technology and knowledge always grows and progresses. This is because the truth builds on itself. Religious truth should be doing the same thing, but it is not. Religious truth has not been updated and needs to be updated.

You do it by adding the truth of the past with the new truth. Make the two one. New revelations of the truth just add to what is already known.

Ancient wisdom: The reason very old myths are so popular is because they have had longer to become entrenched in a culture. There has been more time to make up things about it and fine tune the myths.

The further you go back, the less documentation there is of what really happened. People can claim anything happened and it cannot be disputed by any inconvenient facts of what really happened at the time.
-----

From Page 110 of The Present (with religion) at www.thetruthcontest.com...

I think this is important for us to consider. We are not going to be able to just change religions; we just have to get people to stop preaching the obvious myths. We just have to see the truth that religions reveal as they are. Update with our current knowledge to rid of the obvious myths, and simplify, simplify, as Thoreau once said.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Intresting, I added it to my Fav. in the browser...

I think this is one of the major 'blockades' on the road to the truth:

- It is not easy for people to change their view of themselves and the world. -

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Intresting, I added it to my Fav. in the browser...

I think this is one of the major 'blockades' on the road to the truth:

- It is not easy for people to change their view of themselves and the world. -

I agree. Life for the vast majority of people is a continuous mind-game to avoid the truth, to avoid embracing reality. People have to seek truth to find, and the first step is admitting that you don't know, questioning all you believe to be true.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
One man's 'truth' is another man's lie.

Fifty people witness an event and all believe their version is 'the truth'.

Find your own truth .. and allow others to do likewise

top topics

join