It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann blocks resolution declaring Hawaii to be Obama’s birthplace.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

That is what "birthers" are trying to do, but get stonewalled at every turn!

What is it that you do not understand about that? If he has nothing to hide, why the stonewalls?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

When people demand from Obama the birth certificate, they are in fact trampling all over the 4th amendment. It's unreasonable and there is no warrant for the birth certificate. So it clearly violates his constitutional rights to his personal papers and effects.

But if he is not a US citizen (I don't know either way) is he even protected by the US Constitution?

My beef being that non-citizens can run to our consitution for protection, yet our own govt changes it our contitution to fit their needs.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

....my son has to show his BC just to play baseball, sheesh.....

And what is the big friggin deal about just showing the vault copy? McCain did it, case settled. At the very, very least Obama is guilty of dividing the American people yet again by refusing to settle this once and for all.

Love the transparency.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

What about his "moral" obligation to reassure those he serves? Put all else aside, nothing constitutional, legal, or otherwise forced just the humanity from within that should want genuine (not blind) trust and respect from his own constituency. Obama simply doesn't possess that quality which does not make him worthy of this voter and taxpayer's trust without further proof. Sorry.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by glad_to_be_His]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose
H.Res.593 was voted on and passed Jul 27, 2009 6:56 PM

Recognizing and celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the entry of Hawaii into the Union as the 50th State

So... it has already been passed according to the Govtrack.us.

And... Rep. Michelle Bachmann (R-MN) voted YES.

Just as an add - this was added under "last action":

Jul 27, 2009: On motion to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution, as amended Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: (2/3 required): 378 - 0 (Roll no. 647).

Votes: Jul 27, 2009: This resolution passed in the House of Representatives by roll call vote. The vote was held under a suspension of the rules to cut debate short and pass the resolution, needing a two-thirds majority. This usually occurs for non-controversial legislation. The totals were 378 Ayes, 0 Nays, 55 Present/Not Voting. Vote Details.

And in the full text of the resolution it says:

"Whereas the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama, was born in Hawaii on August 4, 1961;"

So I guess either:

1. this slipped by those in Congress who sympathize with the birthers
2. there are none in Congress who sympathize with the birthers
3. this resolution has absolutely no affect on future claims by the birthers

[edit on 29-7-2009 by sos37]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by glad_to_be_His

....my son has to show his BC just to play baseball, sheesh.....

And what is the big friggin deal about just showing the vault copy? McCain did it, case settled. At the very, very least Obama is guilty of dividing the American people yet again by refusing to settle this once and for all.

Love the transparency.

The "short form" AKA Certifcate of Live Birth, would be good enough to get your son into Little League. The short form got me a passport, federal employemnt and security clearances. I've never seen my long form. Perhaps in six years I'll need it to retire?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere, but maybe she heard about this story...

Unveiled! Hawaii's 1961 long-form birth certificates

The Honolulu Advertiser published photostats of the original long-form birth certificates of twin daughters born to Eleanor Nordyke at Kapi'olani Maternity and Gynecological Hospital Aug. 5, 1961, one day after Obama was supposedly born at the same facility

The story came out yesterday July 28th..
www.wnd.com...
Hummm..seeing the pics of the birth cert. of the twins born the day after Obama was born..hummm..his online version is clearly NOT the same..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join