It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain to me the insider trading theory?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'm reading the book Order Out of Chaos right now by Paul Joseph Wattson. I've come across a section as to insider trading with 9-11. I have read about this before but I don't think I really understand the facts behind the insider trading deal. I would like for someone to explain to me the facts behind this theory.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I do not know what the specifics are about the case your talking about.

But here is how you can get rich off of inside information.

Ok, we all know that if you told me "X or Y Stock is going up tomorrow" than I would buy that stock, as my 10$ invested would become 20$ tomorrow.

But let us say the stock will crash, so I will put a "Short" on that stock, which means I basically borrow that stock from someone else. If the stock depreciates in price, than I can get rid of it and gain a profit off of the amount that it depreciated, because I was essentially betting it would go down.

However if you "short" a stock and it goes up, and you get rid of it, you have to pay the source the price that it increased, and you lose $.

So if you gave me inside information that a stock would go up or down, I could either buy stocks (if it goes up) or short stocks(if it goes down), and make a massive killing off of it.

If you have billions of dollars, you can turn it into tens of billions easily.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
There were some very big bets that were made against airlines on Sept 10. These bets paid off handsomely. Supposedly much of the money was never claimed though.

join