It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INDIGO's - nothing more than self delusional

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Yes I agree they are delusional, but they also crave attention. Best not to make threads about them and feed their egos. Although i admittedly also find the whole indigo phenomena a bit sad and has deep rooted issues spawning from the society we live in imo.

i agree 100%....so what if you can predict future events....I can also, and I am not an indigo...like....at some time in the future. I’m going to have to take a dump...there you go....everyone can feel and sense emotion in other people...that called intuition...that funny little feeling you get in your stomach when you sense something is wrong etc etc...please...indigo is just a exclamation for people who want attention....millions have these so called "indigo abilities" like on the other thread, the OP said he is poetic, lyrics writer etc etc....and now people come and say...”oh but I can feel and see other people’s feelings and emotions”...everyone can see or experience how someone else is feeling just by being around them, or KNOWING that persons behavioral patterns. NOW if you can fly...that’s something to take note of; other than that type of proof...you say you are indigo child....I say: "keep telling yourself that buddy!
"
out!

[edit on 5-8-2009 by GerhardSA]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
[edit on 5-8-2009 by GerhardSA]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Sigghhhhhh .... post after post from "Indigo's" essentially saying nothing meaningful and skirting the question with a generic statement along the lines of
"I'm different but can't explain how or why I'm different ... but don't worry, just take my word for it !".

Look, a couple of posts back I asked a very simple question which no Indigo stepped up to answer, so I'll now repeat it once again:

"Do you (Indigos) feel that you're a NEW and significant step in human enlightenment and deserving of such a title ?"

Any Indigo up to answering ?

[edit on 5-8-2009 by afoolbyanyothername]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Self edit

[edit on 5-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

indigo refers to aura.

for all we know, if this stuff is true, we will be seeing more indigos, and more white aura people, aka The White Brotherhood

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverse

indigo refers to aura.

for all we know, if this stuff is true, we will be seeing more indigos, and more white aura people, aka The White Brotherhood

Yes, I was aware that Indigo's took that name for themselves based on their ... here we go again ... "special aura" that ONLY they believe they possess.
Nothing more than yet another "mystic babble speak" term with NO basis in fact whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by afoolbyanyothername

Originally posted by Silverse

indigo refers to aura.

Yes, I was aware that Indigo's took that name for themselves based on their ... here we go again ... "special aura" that ONLY they believe they possess.
Nothing more than yet another "mystic babble speak" term with NO basis in fact whatsoever.

auric fields exist bro, at least that much we can say, who possesses what aura i dont know, but auric fields are real

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverse

auric fields exist bro, at least that much we can say, who possesses what aura i dont know, but auric fields are real

With due respect, I have to disagree with you.

There is NO validated scientific research that has even slightly confirmed the existance of the type of human generated energy field popularly referred to as an "Aura".
If you DO have such research evidence, please cite your sources as I'd be very interested to read it.

Otherwise, the only similar type of effect is known as Kirlian photography and posits a similar effect but one that can be produced by both organic and inorganic objects.

The accepted physical explanation is that the images produced are those typically caused by a high voltage corona effect, similar to those seen from other high voltage sources such as the Van de Graaff generator or Tesla coil. In a darkened room, this is visible as a faint glow but, because of the high voltages, the film is affected in a slightly different way from the usual. Color photographic film is calibrated to faithfully produce colors when exposed to normal light. The corona discharge has a somewhat different effect on the different layers of dye used to accomplish this result, resulting in various colors depending on the local intensity of the discharge.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

So once again, claiming to be an Indigo because they can "see" their own aura or someone else has told them that they "have" an indigo coloured aura is simply to say "I am special !".

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
afool,

Have you ever heard of a child prodigy? Something tells me you haven't.

If you have, can you tell me what your opinion is about them?

[edit on 5-8-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
afool,

Have you ever heard of a child prodigy? Something tells me you haven't.

If you have, can you tell me what your opinion is about them?

Now why would you assume such a thing ?

"A child prodigy is someone who at an early age masters one or more skills and achieves proficieny in those skills but at an adult level."

As to my opinion of them ... I'm impressed, surprised and in awe of their accomplishments and abilities. Even more so if the child is extremely young.

Now please DON'T tell me that this is a preamble of yours whereby you're hoping to make a case for the "talents and abilities" displayed by child prodigies to be likened to the "alleged abilities" being claimed by Indigo's ?
So let me head you off at the pass, pardner ....

The obvious difference between the two groups is that child prodigies clearly have a DEMONSTRABLE and TESTABLE ability/talent/aptitude. So if a claim is made by one of these prodigies that they can play a violin or piano like a virtuoso, or can perform complex mathematics ... then they have NO difficulty whatsoever in displaying to the world the legitimacy of their SPECIAL abilities.
However, self-proclaimed Indigo's are unwilling, reluctant and resistant to provide similar obvious proof of their claims and when pressed to provide such evidence, fall back on mystical babble about being in touch with the universe (how ? they won't/can't say) and similar meaningless statements.

If ANYONE is deserved of a special title or accolade, then these child prodigies most certainly do ! But hang on, it's already been done ... CHILD PRODIGY is a title already and DESERVEDLY bestowed upon them.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
OP can you post any information on INDIGOS? I haven't heard of them before. Is that what enlightened individuals are calling themselves nowadays? or is it a cult?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
OP can you post any information on INDIGOS? I haven't heard of them before. Is that what enlightened individuals are calling themselves nowadays? or is it a cult?

To learn more than you ever would want to ... and assuming you don't get bored silly by the end, simply use the "Search button" (top right corner) and enter the word Indigo. Press search and you'll find 30+ threads on the subject !

But yes, basically Indigo's appear to be "self-proclaimed" and "enlightened" new-age individuals suddenly claiming to have certain "special" abilities but seem unable to produce substantiating proof when requested.

Needless to say, my "bunkum" meter reads pretty high on this subject !

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Now why would you assume such a thing ?

Because your entire topic is filled with ignorant rants about "nobody being special", or having any type of "abilities" that others do not. So I assumed that you either haven't heard of child prodigies or you just don't believe in them, because you don't believe anyone can have special abilities.

"Something" even tells me you had to look up the definition of "child prodigy" before you replied.
Good one.

As to my opinion of them ... I'm impressed, surprised and in awe of their accomplishments and abilities. Even more so if the child is extremely young.

So, let me use your own question against you. Do you believe a child prodigy is "less" or "better" than everyone else? Remember, you said there is no 3rd option.

Now please DON'T tell me that this is a preamble of yours whereby you're hoping to make a case for the "talents and abilities" displayed by child prodigies to be likened to the "alleged abilities" being claimed by Indigo's ?
So let me head you off at the pass, pardner ....

Looks like you identified your contradiction in your beliefs, so you are trying to "head me off" so that you can try to avoid getting proven wrong.
Your ways are predictable and laughable. Mine aren't.

Not all children can be prodigies. They have special "abilities" compared to other children. They can do things normal children can't. It doesn't matter what the ability is (music, art, math, intuition), what matters is their abundance of that ability compared to others. Take note of it.

The obvious difference between the two groups is that child prodigies clearly have a DEMONSTRABLE and TESTABLE ability/talent/aptitude. So if a claim is made by one of these prodigies that they can play a violin or piano like a virtuoso, or can perform complex mathematics ... then they have NO difficulty whatsoever in displaying to the world the legitimacy of their SPECIAL abilities.

I like how you capitalized SPECIAL.

However, self-proclaimed Indigo's are unwilling, reluctant and resistant to provide similar obvious proof of their claims and when pressed to provide such evidence, fall back on mystical babble about being in touch with the universe (how ? they won't/can't say) and similar meaningless statements.

So you have met every single Indigo in the world? NO. So why are you talking like you have? Seems to me you have only met fake want-to-be's.

Please tell me, why are you assuming ALL Indigos are as you claim when you haven't met them all? Seems to me like you jumped to a conclusion without any actual proof that what you say is true.

With that said..

The Indigos that I am familiar with are natural child prodigies. However, they don't just have 1 or 2 main talents, they are talented in EVERYTHING they do. Talented in problem solving, philosophy, psychology, math, music, art, sports, and are extremely talented and knowledgeable about physics, structural and electrical and mechanical engineering, and basically, anything they get their hands on they will accel in extraordinary, ALL AT ONCE. Not just 1 or 2, but ALL..

Most of them find things to be so easy for them to do, that they get bored extremely fast. They are such good problem solvers that they can't stand living in this normal every day world where everyone else is making mistakes that they can solve simply.

They feel "enlightened" because they understand EVERYTHING around them. They understand why things are happening around them. They feel "psychic" because they understand how and why things happen, and they can predict future events based on current events and knowledge of how people and things act and react. They feel "in touch with the universe" because they understand how it works. Just like how you feel "in touch" with your loved ones, because you know them so well.

They understand everything, they understand why religion and race are destroying the world. They understand why money and greed are ruling the world. They understand that authority is not always right. They understand that other people their age are not like them selves, and most of them are just clones of people from the old paradigm they are currently living in. This is one reason why Indigo's feel they are "evolved", because their eyes have been opened to this world (they understand it better than most people), and it appears "OLD", and they see that they are different from the "OLD". They don't have the same feelings and intentions as the "OLD", so they feel "NEW".

For example, I look at the past and I see slavery, and racism. That is the "OLD" way people used to be. I am "evolved" from that, I would never make anyone my slave, nor am I racist. Because of that, I feel "NEW". I'm sure you do too... but there is more too it with Indigo's.

These "special abilities" that some Indigo's talk about, they are mostly caused by advanced understanding of all things, a more clear perspective of things, they just "know" and are very talented in "understanding". Do you believe a child prodigy could be talented in "understanding"? How would a child prodigy prove it?

When you are abnormally talented in "understanding" there are a LOT of unique "abilities" that follow, that have yet to be documented, and to some may even seem "paranormal".

I could name a few "abilities". Like the ability to "read people". Yes, everyone can do it to some degree, but what if you were a prodigy child with the ability of "reading people"? It might seem like you can read minds (paranormal).

What if you had the ability to "solve problems"? Yes, everyone can do it, but what if you were a prodigy child with the ability? Imagine what you could do with that.... the possibilities are ENDLESS. You could solve any an all problems... scientific problems about the universe, religious and philosophical problems/questions.... Basically, the prodigy child would be very "enlightened" because they can easy solve some of these problems...

Wouldn't you feel different if you could do all these things, and people around you couldn't?

What do you call someone who is a prodigy in multiple things, but doesn't even try? Are they "evolved"? Some evolutionist would say YES, and would make them mate constantly.

To say none of this is possible is very ignorant.

Actually, I just proved everything you said wrong in this reply, and you probably don't realize it.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I've just finished reading your lengthy diatribe and have come to the conclusion that you simply must like the sound of your own typing ... as I certainly fail to see any other reason for you wasting all that time cobbling together that piece of hogwash you call a response !

So listen carefully now and do TRY to pay attention ... perhaps some morsel may sink into your head and take up residency there.

Your attempt at trying to use some weak form of logic to validate and substantiate the self-styled "Indigo" phenomena unfortunately crashed and burned in a heap and did nothing more than show your lack of understanding and ignorance of the reason for this thread.

The concept of Indigo-ness is a very recently arisen phenomena wherein a number of individuals have begun to claim to be possesed of a different kind of "special universal awareness" as well as various "unusual and indefinable abilities".
When asked to substantiate these claims and to explain WHY they feel they should all of a sudden pull a mystical sounding "title" out of thin air and attach it to themselves, they are unable to. Instead all we get is what for lack of a better descriptive term I call "mystical babble speak".

When queried if these so-called "abilities" are a new development that has just started to surface in certain people OR whether these "abilities" have existed in certain people since the dawn of humanity ... we get nothing from them.

If these "abilities" have always existed, then I asked just WHY they feel they need to NOW give themselves a special title and make a song and dance about how "special and unusual" they are and to make non-Indigo's aware of it. If a label wasn't needed in the past, then why need it now ?
On the other hand, if this IS a genuinely new advancement in the human condition, then why is there a deafening silence in confirming such ? And yet, that still doesn't stop them from "crowning" themselves with a special label.

Based on the above, one could be forgiven for thinking that these "Indigo's" are simply looking for accreditation of their perceived "uniqueness" and wish to have that acknowledged by others by giving themselves a mystical sounding title based on the colour of yet another mystical and completely unproven human property ... the aura.

Anyway, getting back to your feable attempt to weaken the force and validity of my statements by clutching at straws and dragging child prodigies into this thread.

Child prodigies have been around for untold millenia and have ALWAYS been recognized as being immediately different from those others around them. But isn't it strange that these prodigies don't seem to feel the same compulsion as Indigo's by jumping onto ATS and proclaiming to the world just how "special and unusual" they are. Also immediately noticeable is that they DON'T come up with some ridiculous sounding NEW title to apply to themselves.
These children have a unique gift and have NO trouble in demonstrating it to the world.
Indigo's can only claim something similar and have MAJOR difficulties in demonstrating isaid claims to the world

So don't waste my time with your ineffectual efforts to downplay my comments and statements.

Child prodigies are REAL and yes, they are SPECIAL ... and deservedly so.

Indigo's on the other hand are no such thing and until they can come up with something definitive with which to confirm their abilities and uniqueness instead of mystic babble speak ... can only be assumed to be deluding themselves .. and others.

And from your statements and attitude, it seems quite obvious that YOU'RE definitely one of those being deluded !

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Yeah we get it you hate indigos, they are nothing but a bunch of emo liars, blah blah blah.

This topic is beaten to death, get over it. Indigos are here and not going to deny anything because other people call them liars.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

reply to post by ALLis0NE

The concept of Indigo-ness is a very recently arisen phenomena wherein a number of individuals have begun to claim to be possesed of a different kind of "special universal awareness" as well as various "unusual and indefinable abilities".

You obviously have no freaking clue what you are talking about. I am about to put you on ignore because every single reply I have ever read from you has been nothing but uniformed, illogical, ignorance.

You say "recently arisen phenomena"?? This shows your true ignorance...

The term indigo children originates with parapsychologist and self-described synesthete and psychic, Nancy Anne Tappe, who first described the concept in the 1970s.

30+ years ago is not "recently".

So I just proved that you don't have a freaking clue. I bet you feel really dumb about now.

You say; "special universal awareness" as well as various "unusual and indefinable abilities".

I just told you MULTIPLE WAYS that someone could have "universal awareness" and "unusual abilities"... I told you that people have the ability to understand the universe and things around them. It is actually a skill that can be worked on and or someone (indigo's) could be completely talented at, from birth, and practiced through childhood like child prodigies.

When you understand how the physical universe works, AND you understand how the human mind works and psychology, you unlock a very important set of skills that allow you to be VERY aware of everything around you..

Have you never heard of "enlightenment"?? Are you trying to tell people that there is no such thing as "enlightenment" now?!

Maybe you should educate yourself about enlightenment before you try to disprove it's existence.

When you reach enlightenment, there are many things you discover that some people call "abilities".

It is 100% possible that children, and or Indigo's, are born with the natural ability to become "enlightened". Enlightenment usually comes with age and experience, but it is entirely possible for enlightenment to be reached quicker and easier by younger people, who may possibly be more "evolved" then others (Indigo's)

You keep ranting about how nobody can prove their abilities, but the proof is all around you, and right in front of your nose, but you don't see it. You are so stuck in your own head and belief systems that you are blind to what is in reality. That is caused by your EGO.

I read you like a book, and I already proved it by walking circles around your ignorance.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

Because your entire topic is filled with ignorant rants about "nobody being special", or having any type of "abilities" that others do not. So I assumed that you either haven't heard of child prodigies or you just don't believe in them, because you don't believe anyone can have special abilities.

Autowrench:
In case you haven't noticed, there have been many threads in this forum that the naysayers are trying their best to dispel and deride anything about the Indigos and their mission here on Earth. AllisOne, you are obviously one yourself.

So, let me use your own question against you. Do you believe a child prodigy is "less" or "better" than everyone else? Remember, you said there is no 3rd option.

Autowrench:
I never use the term "Better Than," for in my world we are all of equal value, and are all performing as we have planned to do, in whatever station of life we are in at the time. I may be more educated than some, or may be more intelligent than some, but that does not make me better than they are. Inside, we are all the same, people, there is no difference..we are beings of Light, not human bodies.

The Indigos that I am familiar with are natural child prodigies. However, they don't just have 1 or 2 main talents, they are talented in EVERYTHING they do. Talented in problem solving, philosophy, psychology, math, music, art, sports, and are extremely talented and knowledgeable about physics, structural and electrical and mechanical engineering, and basically, anything they get their hands on they will accel in extraordinary, ALL AT ONCE. Not just 1 or 2, but ALL..

Autowrench:
This has been my experience also, and not to brag, but I myself have many talents in many fields, and even at my advanced age my hands must be kept busy all the time or I get bored real fast. When i go into a store, little children stare at me, and smile at me, and some actually say they know me...you know, from the Ether. this freaks parents out.

Most of them find things to be so easy for them to do, that they get bored extremely fast. They are such good problem solvers that they can't stand living in this normal every day world where everyone else is making mistakes that they can solve simply.

Autowrench:
This is true in many ways. I can never be "Normal," and wouldn't be for a million dollars. I can only live in the Material world for a time, but I cannot live in the Spiritual World for very long. so, I walk between the Worlds, as many Indigos do. I can see things that others miss, and wonder why this is, also I wonder at some of the customs of normal people, they are quite funny and quite stupid at times. Perhaps they are here for our enjoyment?

They feel "enlightened" because they understand EVERYTHING around them. They understand why things are happening around them. They feel "psychic" because they understand how and why things happen, and they can predict future events based on current events and knowledge of how people and things act and react. They feel "in touch with the universe" because they understand how it works. Just like how you feel "in touch" with your loved ones, because you know them so well.

They understand everything, they understand why religion and race are destroying the world. They understand why money and greed are ruling the world. They understand that authority is not always right. They understand that other people their age are not like them selves, and most of them are just clones of people from the old paradigm they are currently living in. This is one reason why Indigo's feel they are "evolved", because their eyes have been opened to this world (they understand it better than most people), and it appears "OLD", and they see that they are different from the "OLD". They don't have the same feelings and intentions as the "OLD", so they feel "NEW".

Autowrench:
Enlightenment comes as a natural thing for some, they become enlightened as they grow to adulthood, and this continues as they grow older.I can easily see that I am evolving, it is so obvious even my family and friends have commented on it. Having an understanding doesn't help one on the path of life, because most will ever have this understanding, no matter how must you try to teach them, they will refuse to listen every time. From my own point of view, I cannot understand why everyone cannot see what is going on behind the public scenes. The blind leading the blind.

For example, I look at the past and I see slavery, and racism. That is the "OLD" way people used to be. I am "evolved" from that, I would never make anyone my slave, nor am I racist. Because of that, I feel "NEW". I'm sure you do too... but there is more too it with Indigo's.

Autowrench:
Even above that point, we of the enlightened can easily see that the American Civil War was a War for American Freedom, and not a war over slavery, and we can also see things like this:
www.usconstitution.net...

On September 15, 1863, Lincoln imposed Congressionally-authorized martial law. The authorizing act allowed the President to suspend habeas corpus throughout the entire United States. Lincoln imposed the suspension on "prisoners of war, spies, or aiders and abettors of the enemy," as well as on other classes of people, such as draft dodgers. The President's proclamation was challenged in ex parte Milligan (71 US 2 [1866]). The Supreme Court ruled that Lincoln's imposition of martial law (by way of suspension of habeas corpus) was unconstitutional.

President Abraham Lincoln declared martial law when the Civil War broke out. He was killed before he was able to remove military rule. No president has ever removed martial law. What does this mean?

That the military can say it is now running the country. It is perfectly legal for them to do that, with or without reason. This means that they can tell us what to do. If we don't do it? They can shoot us. If we do it? They can shoot us. The Commanding General of the Armed Forces of the United States of America can legally set himself as a dictator.

I, for one, wish that Obama would sign an Executive Order nullifying Lincoln's order for Martial Law.

How many of you knew about this? It is useless to try to stop the Indigos, they will do what they came here to do, and one day it will be a good thing to be friendly with one or two of them. But, if it trips your trigger to keep up with the tirade, feel feel to do so.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

befriending one of is not really a choice. we find each other. its a matter of fate and not choice because choice is just another illusion

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
If I may ask one more question:

These special children have been identified by a woman who claims she saw their indigo aura.

How does that work? Color is a visible part of the electromagnetic spectrum, as in visible to everyone who have functional eyes.
So how does this aura thing work? I mean, how can you see color that only you can see which is the same color that everyone can see but in this case only you can see it because it is uhmmm special or something?

If you describe color as color you are describing a visible part of the EM-spectrum. It is a fact of this universe. If something like an "aura" exists it cannot take form of a color that only a few chosen people can see.
If aura is a color then everyone can see it. If only a few people can see it then it is not a color.
Can't have it both ways.
Actually, even the term "see" is wrong here. Everything that you see is due to photons interacting with something and is visible to everyone. So aura cannot be seen at all in that sense.

And don't give me the third eye nonsense. A third "eye" that perceives colors the way your average two eyes do, would have to be build the same way too and would be very visible smack down in the middle of your forehead.

I hate new age buzz-word speak. More then I hate the text-speak really.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Technically, depending on your age, you would be considered to be an Indigo as well. It has to do with the evolution of consciousness,and anyone who actually understands it knows that it has nothing to do with viewing yourself or anyone else as "superior.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join