It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INDIGO's - nothing more than self delusional

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
There are so many threads and posts regarding this new evolved human state of so called "advancement, enlightenment and consciousness" that I'm seriously wondering what's actually going through these people's minds that they can become so delusional and convinced of their own unique brand of "superiority" compared to the rest of us mere bog-standard humans.

From the descriptions posted regarding these so-called "Indigo's", one would not be surprised to shortly read that they can also claim additional skills such as flying, bending steel with their bare hands and seeing thru brick walls .... however, flying faster than a bullet may be an additional skill that may take them just a bit longer to develop !

Now wanting to be something more than a "normal human" is a worthwhile goal to wish to strive for and even admirable but to make all these amazing Indigo claims seems to me to be nothing more than an egotistical and delusional mindset.

If these "new" abililities are real, as these "Indigo's" claim and are a recent development and advancement beyond the rest of "normal" humanity, then the ONLY way they could have eventuated is by a significant and POSITIVE change in the human genome ... in other words, a SIGNIFICANT mutation is being claimed to have occured.

So, it's one thing to come on to this forum and spout how advanced and special and wonderful and superior ... yes, superior ... because isn't that REALLY why they seem to be making such a big deal of these alleged "new abilities" BUT it's quite another matter entirely to pony up with some hard, solid and irrefutable evidence.

I'm assuming therefore that all you "INDIGO's" out there can easily put your money where your "superior" mouths are and show the rest of us "normals" just WHAT it is that makes you say you're so special.
Don't give us any bull about "oh, I feel different so I must be an Indigo" or any other non-tangible or unproveable statements ... give us the REAL evidence to back up your claims. If you're an "improved" human, then give us the science and genetic proofs to validate your claims ... otherwise, get over your delusional state and accept the fact that you are really NO better than the rest of humanity !

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Although I agree with parts of your post, there are parts that I must admit are pretty prejudice and could be considered direct attacks based on that prejudice.

I do not believe in this "Indigo" thing at all, but there is no reason to insult them in such ways.

Also, I think the life of your thread may be limited as it has been covered here countless times. So I am kind of expecting it to get locked anytime now.

Probably more so because you attack them (although the challenges you present could be valid to an extent).

So lets please try to play nice, and challenge them in a much nicer way

[edit on 27-7-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It shouldn't be construed as a personal attack ... more along the lines of an attack on their many claims all of which they make with NO evidence or proof to substantiate them.

Anyone making such amazing claims must be prepared to defend and substantiate them else run the risk of being branded charlatans, liars and hoaxers. ... and for those sort of people, I have NO time for or sympathy and they need to be exposed.

Anyway, if the moderators believe this subject has been done to death in other threads, then by all means close and/or delete it.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
So are you trying to say that you don't believe humans are evolving?

I am of the age that "they" claim Indigos started to appear, and a lot of things that they claim Indigos can do, I have done, and can relate to. I have been called an Indigo, but I myself don't want to believe it, but a lot of what they say is still true.

I think people like myself just have a very high sensitivity. We aren't super men, but can sense things most people can't. I can give you a few examples if you like.

It's really hard to explain most of the time, but, I can easily sense emotions of others, even perfect strangers, and I can do it even over the phone, and over the internet, and just through text. I did it while reading the original post, and obviously, there is frustration (anyone can see that) but I feel it. I can imagine the original poster typing it out character by character and sense exactly what he/she was feeling while they were typing. It's weird.

Also, body language, I find it really easy to do. I have actually used it many times to my advantage. Anyone can do it, but usually after years of training, but, I could do it naturally. I can even use it on certain animals.

There are a few other things that have happened that still amaze me to this day, it all started when I found out that I could predict certain events in the future, mainly through dreams involuntary. But also through logical calculations that my mind does nearly instantly by itself.

No, I am not delusional, things have just been happening to me that I can't explain, and people just happen to call it being "Indigo", which is just another name for "evolved" or "extra sensitive" I think.

Sometimes I just feel really different then others, because it feels like I am watching this reality from a different perspective than them. I can't even find the words to describe it, but I "just know" when people are going to make a mistake, and I "just know" what people will say, and how they react, and I "just know" why they do certain things, and when they will do certain things. I really feel like I can just "connect" to anyone and read them like a book.

---Anyway, I'll tell you about my first psychic experience.

I live in Southern California, and when I was 10 years old while sleeping, I had this weird dream. I was dreaming that I was on a monorail type train or tram that was going through underground tunnels. The tunnels looked like mine shafts with just pure rock and dirt all around. I was in the front seat looking forward, and the train was moving really fast. All of a sudden I saw a huge pile of rocks and dirt on the monorail track, and I got scared because I knew I was going to crash into it and derail the train. The rocks got closer and closer, and I got more scared each minute, then about 5 seconds before impact, I woke myself up. Then, 5 seconds after waking up, the Northridge Earthquake happened.

It really freaked me out. I figured that if I didn't wake up, the Earthquake would have struck at the exact moment I would have hit the pile of rocks with the train. But I woke up before impact, and then the Earthquake happened in perfect synchronization, after waking up.

So I figured the rocks on the track that were getting closer and closer represented the Earthquake coming. It's really odd I know... but 100% true. It's like I predicted the Earthquake was comming, in the form of an analogy (the train being derailed).

I have had many similar experiences after that, that predicted things.

If you want to talk, lets do it. I have been trying to figure out if something has changed with humans, or if I was born with something... All I know is that I am very unique, and have many different talents because I feel things are really easy for me to accomplish. There is to many hobbies and accomplishments to list on this post, but if you ask I will answer.

Let me clarify, I don't believe I am an "indigo", but I have been told many times that I am. Also, after reading about them, I can't help but relate to a LOT of things they say. Like sensitivity to certain foods, lights, and very connected with my surroundings and all situtations. All hard to explain but I will try.

-edit add-

I'm already sensing this might not be a good idea.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Here comes the big question.
Who cares?
Why do you care about other people being delusional?
Why do you want the indigos to prove that they are what they say they are or have what they say they have? Let them be.
No need to bash random folks, specially if they are already being awkward by themselves.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by afoolbyanyothername
There are so many threads and posts regarding this new evolved human state of so called "advancement, enlightenment and consciousness" that I'm seriously wondering what's actually going through these people's minds that they can become so delusional and convinced of their own unique brand of "superiority" compared to the rest of us mere bog-standard humans.

From the descriptions posted regarding these so-called "Indigo's", one would not be surprised to shortly read that they can also claim additional skills such as flying, bending steel with their bare hands and seeing thru brick walls .... however, flying faster than a bullet may be an additional skill that may take them just a bit longer to develop !

Now wanting to be something more than a "normal human" is a worthwhile goal to wish to strive for and even admirable but to make all these amazing Indigo claims seems to me to be nothing more than an egotistical and delusional mindset.

If these "new" abililities are real, as these "Indigo's" claim and are a recent development and advancement beyond the rest of "normal" humanity, then the ONLY way they could have eventuated is by a significant and POSITIVE change in the human genome ... in other words, a SIGNIFICANT mutation is being claimed to have occured.

So, it's one thing to come on to this forum and spout how advanced and special and wonderful and superior ... yes, superior ... because isn't that REALLY why they seem to be making such a big deal of these alleged "new abilities" BUT it's quite another matter entirely to pony up with some hard, solid and irrefutable evidence.

I'm assuming therefore that all you "INDIGO's" out there can easily put your money where your "superior" mouths are and show the rest of us "normals" just WHAT it is that makes you say you're so special.
Don't give us any bull about "oh, I feel different so I must be an Indigo" or any other non-tangible or unproveable statements ... give us the REAL evidence to back up your claims. If you're an "improved" human, then give us the science and genetic proofs to validate your claims ... otherwise, get over your delusional state and accept the fact that you are really NO better than the rest of humanity !

I think you are generalizing here. I have quite a few friends who identify themselves as Indigo's and they never talk about such things, or claim possession of such powers, nor do they think they are superior to any other person. Sadly, there are many who do claim these things, and can rightly be labeled as delusional, but don't speak in the name of all Indigo's, because as far as i can see, you don't happen to know any personally.

So spare us the tiring "research" you have done regarding this topic, alright?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Honestly, I think more research should go into it.

From what I have experianced, and from what I can see now, every new generation born is/has evolved. People aren't the same way they used to be in the past.

So I have been thinking about all possible factors that might cause a change in evolution. So far I have come up with a few factors:

1: Solar system changes, universal changes. (some known and unknown)
2: Changes in food, and methods of harvesting. (like formula vs breast feeding, fertilizers, preservatives, etc.)
3: Technology changes. (more radio devices, electrical energy, etc.)
4: Medical procedure changes. (drugs used during birth, etc.)

There are MANY small and large changes that have taken place in the past 100 years. All of them could effect the evolution of humans, and what they are capable of, or how sensitive they are.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Yes i agree they are delusional,but they also crave attention.Best not to make threads about them and feed their ego's.Although i admittedly also find the whole indigo phenomena a bit sad and has deep rooted issues spawning from the society we live in imo.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

So you also believe that humans don't evolve? You believe that every human from here on out will be the same, and nothing will ever change?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LyricusMagna

I think you are generalizing here. I have quite a few friends who identify themselves as Indigo's and they never talk about such things, or claim possession of such powers, nor do they think they are superior to any other person. Sadly, there are many who do claim these things, and can rightly be labeled as delusional, but don't speak in the name of all Indigo's, because as far as i can see, you don't happen to know any personally.

So please correct my confusion regarding the above statements.
If they DO NOT "talk about such things" OR "claim possession of such powers" OR "think they are superior", then WHY do they label themselves as INDIGO when we all know such an appellation is indicative of some change or attribute that "supposedly" sets these individuals apart from mainstream humanity.
Either they're using this title to say "we're different and LESS than the majority of people" OR they're using the title to say "we're different but BETTER than the majority of people" ... and I'm betting it's the latter reason.

So spare us the tiring "research" you have done regarding this topic, alright?

Research ???? you mean there's been some genuine, definitive and most importantly, scientific research done to prove the existant of "Indigo-ness" ? Hmmmmm ... I must have missed that so in the interest of fairness, I'll await your response citing studies, research and conclusions validating "Indigo-ness".

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

reply to post by LyricusMagna

Either they're using this title to say "we're different and LESS than the majority of people" OR they're using the title to say "we're different but BETTER than the majority of people" ... and I'm betting it's the latter reason.

The quote above is very ignorant, and I think it is you that has a type of ego problem. Why are you focused on who is LESS or BETTER? Why only those two choices? You know there is a third choice, right? Or is your ego making you blind of that?

What if they are using the title just to say "we're different", and they are void of the ego that determines "less or better"?

If anything, If you asked an Indigo, they would probably tell you it sucks being Indigo because of people like you who are still stuck with ego problems, always worried about LESS or BETTER, or materialist things like having MORE or LESS, with jealousy issues as well. Automatically thinking everyone has egotistical issues like yourself.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

What if they are using the title just to say "we're different ..."

Because that's essentially conveying no meaningful information whatsoever.

You can't make a statement such as the one above in complete isolation and NOT make it relative to something.
Thats's analogous to me saying "I am taller ... " and leaving it at that.
Completely meaningless in itself and with no attached reference. Taller compared to what ? a cat ? a child ? a chair ?

So my original still stands ... they either consider themselves different and BETTER ... or different and WORSE ... then the average Joe/Jane in the street. There is no 3rd option, just a black/white question.
It has to be one or the other ... so which is it going to be ?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

Excellent points and S&F for you !

I'm in complete agreement that anyone that gives themselves a self-appointed title needs to present the required credentials or verification to justify such a decision. If not, then we can only assume it's just so much hot air.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I feel bad for the Indigo's They are SOOOOOOO 2008. I am a Amethyst and WE are the chosen few. Basically the Indigo's were created to be Amethyst's personal slaves.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Because that's essentially conveying no meaningful information whatsoever.

You can't make a statement such as the one above in complete isolation and NOT make it relative to something.
Thats's analogous to me saying "I am taller ... " and leaving it at that.
Completely meaningless in itself and with no attached reference. Taller compared to what ? a cat ? a child ? a chair ?

Now you are just playing on words... The conversation is about Indigos being different than other people. The reference is "other people". Mainly, "older generations".

It can not be compared to saying "I am taller", because that is off subject and there is no previous reference in the conversation. You are comparing apples to oranges.

So my original still stands ... they either consider themselves different and BETTER ... or different and WORSE ... then the average Joe/Jane in the street. There is no 3rd option, just a black/white question.
It has to be one or the other ... so which is it going to be .

The quote above shows the difference between you and Indigos, right in front of your nose. It seems you are not capable of seeing that "BETTER or WORSE" is pure opinion, and everyone has different opinions.

Actually, it is your question that is missing reference. What do you consider BETTER or WORSE?

For example, if an Indigo has a very high sensitivity to potential threats, compared to someone who doesn't have a high sensitivity to threats, what would you consider better or worse?

In one case, the Indigo would be BETTER than the other "at detecting threats". But would be WORSE than the other "at relaxing in a hostile environment".

Does that make sense?

It's all opinion. What you are asking, and doing, is forcing them to make a generalized opinion in all situations and references, and all people.

I'm certain that most Indigos would just tell you "they are just different than others", and they won't say they are better or worse than anyone else in general. However, they might say they have better or worse abilities than others, they won't say they are a better or worse person than others.

It is the function of your ego that is asking the question. You are concerned about them thinking they are better or worse, because you subconsciously think everyone has the same egotistical thoughts (problem) as you.

It's just like the difference between a good sport, and an big headed egotistical jerk. If the good sport beat the big head in a race, the good sport will say "Good race". If the big head beat the good sport at a race, the big head will say "Oh I'm better than you!".

Most Indigos are good sports, it's not about being better or worse.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Why are you reacting so strongly to the Indigo claims? You seem abnormally bitter about it.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SpiritQuest

Psychologists would say; "He feels threatened by people who might be capable of doing things that he can't."

That is why...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritQuest

Why are you reacting so strongly to the Indigo claims? You seem abnormally bitter about it.

Not bitter at all and my apologies to all offended if I've conveyed that impression.

I simply feel that when an individual or as in this case, a group, profess that in some way or manner that they are "unique" or possess some undefinable "difference" or "quality" or "ability" that they claim makes them stand apart from the ordinary individuals of which mainstream humanity is composed ... then my "suspicion meter" (though I have a more appropriate name for it) kicks into high gear.
I have always been one of those individuals that when confronted with astounding claims immediately responds with "ok, you've made such and such a claim ... now back it up with solid proof". Simply generating thread after thread, post after post saying "how empathic I am' or "I have precognitive or clairvoyant flashes of future events" and such simply doesn't stand up. People for millenia have been claiming such abilities (again, with NO corroborating proof or evidence) and have never, as far as I know, taken upon themselves to give themselves mysterious sounding and completely uninformative titles such as Indigo children and the like.
So why should that have changed all of a sudden ? But changed it has and now we have individuals popping up left, right and centre claiming to have enhanced abilities and giving themselves the title of INDIGO.
The simple reason is that these individuals believe THEMSELVES to BE somehow different and wish to advertise this fact to the world at large by affixing a label or title to their perceived differences. It's nothing more than a wish or need to stand out from the crowd and proclaim ... "look at me, I'm different and want you to acknowledge it".

In fact, the descriptive term INDIGO is attributed to a so-called (but never proven) indigo aura surrounding such children.

Here's one definition of Indigo's:

Indigo children is a New Age concept describing children who are alleged to possess special traits or abilities. Beliefs about indigo children range from their being the next stage in human evolution, possessing paranormal abilities such as telepathy, to the belief that they are simply more empathetic and creative than their non-indigo peers.

Based on the above, it should be clear why some individuals would want to possess such amazing traits/gifts and therefore consider themselves "uniquely different and special" and a cut above the rest of humanity.

So my point here is very simple and straightforward .. if you wish to be called an INDIGO and deserved of the recognition of your abilities, then please step forward and supply proof ... that's not much to ask, is it ?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
If I may ask a question to believers:

How is "Indigo" a new concept?

I mean, it is being sold as a recent new evolutionary step, but all the traits the indigos have, have been around since the dawn of mankind.

Is Mocart an indigo? As a child he had such extraordinary creativity that it would make him the absolute mega-super-indigo by today's "indigo" standards.
Everybody who has ever created anything in human history has shown inteligence and creativity from very early age.

Resistance to authority has always been around, think of all the people who started revolutions, brought down kings and kingdoms. Are they indigo?

There have always been people who are creative, inteligent, have a certain dislike of authority and rules, some of them have actually used those traits to make this world a better place, tangibly I mean, like actually inventing something useful.
Some went on to be ruthless dictators.
Some failed to use the abilites to its fullest extent for whatever reasons. Stuff happens.

People have been reading body language and "predicting" behaviour and emotions long before we invented words to comunicate. It is not NEW, it is older then the written history of human kind.
There are people in this world who are very good at reading body language, tons of books have been written on it, it is a well researched field and it didn't just pop into existence 30 years ago.

The words used to describe indigos are so vague, they can be applied to anyone at any point in time and space. None of it is "new" so indigos cannot be a "new" evolutionary step.

Indigo works like horoscopes: you pick and chose vague buzz-words and decide to emphasize those traits more then other ones you have.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I wonder if I could add 'difference in parenting' to your suggestions.

It is my observation that modern parents are more inclined to let their children 'be' and encourage them to grow in whatever direction seems natural.

In the past, children were there to be 'seen and not heard'. They were very strictly disciplined and generally encouraged to grow in a way that would fit them into society without being seen as 'square pegs in round holes'.

I remember seeing my nephew hopping about when he was about three, pretending to be a ninja or something. It was delightful, he looked so happy and confident. A cheerful little boy. Then I remembered my upbringing and remarked to my brother that once, sometime in our lives we could have been like that. But we had it 'disciplined' out of us.
(Just illustrating a point - I don't think my nephew is an Indigo. Very bright, though).

A lot has been written about children being hushed up if they say they've 'seen things'.

I'd suggest that modern parents, especially of the New Age variety allow their children to develop traits that we are all born with, to some extent, and that's why we see 'Indigo' children. The parents don't shut them up if they observe or experience the unusual.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by berenike]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join