It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ultimate new method for photographing UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Look at this:

gizmodo.com...

This is the perfect method for capturing craft orbiting our planet. I can only assume that if someone sets up a high end DSLR tapped into a disk array they could take 24 frames per second images for days, then comb through looking for anomalies. Can anyone try this? I do not have the means to do it.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
try what exactly ?

using a astronomy telescope - as mr legault did - the viewing angle would be so small that the scanned portion of the sky would be tiny

just using a telephoto lens - the resolution would be so poor that a mile long ` ufo ` would be just a few pixels acros - an indistigusihable blob

and how do you propose to review / analyse your data ?

without detracting from mr legaults efforts - it is far less " amazing " than the clueless journalist claims - in fact its a prety standard astro photography image

legault deserves kudos for the organisation and timing to have his rig set up correctly at the moment the ISS transited the sun - but thats about it

[edit on 27-7-2009 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
so if a mile wide ufo happened to be crossing at that exact moment would we not now have proof? I'm no astronomer but surely there is a way to 'in SETI' fashion scan particular blocks of view from multiple parties to capture image sequences looking for that one ufo that is caught in the traverse?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

seti @ home is a very bad comparison - because it is dividing a massive data stream from a single source into work sized blocks for analysis

what you propse sounds neat - but even with the best will in the world - you cannot rely on having ` clear skies ` - so you are going to have no useable data from vast swathes of the sky thanks to cloud cover

new topics

top topics

join