It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teflon Poisioning in humans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Ok. So I'm talking to someone, and the subject about birds come up.. (pet birds). Then the subject changes to "Don't ever keep birds in your house if you cook with Teflon coated pans/pots"

My question is, Is Teflon poisioning dangerous to humans? Because if it is; I might as well just toss all of my stuff and go back to using barbaric methods to cook food.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
first off, what does cooking with teflon do to the birds...? and even if it does actually do anything, think of the sizes. what it takes to knock out a 10 oz. bird may be 300 times, if not more, of what it would take to take out a person.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
www.patandkat.com...

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by earthmagick12]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I saw this on 20/20. Here are some more links.

abcnews.go.com...

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by earthmagick12]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I have been told the same thing about having birds and teflon pots.
But fear not! The greatest cooking is done on an old fashoned heavy Iron frypan. Beats a thin aumunium coated frypan for dead.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Wow. Never heard of this one, and would have dismissed it as urban legend, in fact. Nice to see some reasonable and non-hysterical research on it.

I do wonder what else C-8 is in.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I do wonder what else C-8 is in.

BBQ Grills, Windshield Blades, Windshield Fuild

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
i use only stainless steel myself because ive seen that non stick stuff flake off besides just the gradual wearing away process and i dont want to be eating it.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

i use only stainless steel myself because ive seen that non stick stuff flake off besides just the gradual wearing away process and i dont want to be eating it.

funny how every time somebody comes up with something that's supposed to make our lives easier someone else doesn't want to use it.... oh the irony....

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
if u correctly season a stainless steel pan it will be very stick free. you dont really need non-stick pans.

new topics

top topics

join