It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NGO Suggests Elderly Should Be the First to Go in a Pandemic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I understand a priority system may need to be implemented to distribute vaccinations, but not sure I agree with this report:

Elderly people with swine flu should be treated as the lowest priority for antiviral drugs in a bid to preserve stocks for the younger population, according to new research.
www.infowars.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

I don't like it either but considering that swine flu is hitting younger populations the hardest I do understand the intent. There has always been a tier during shortages so that the most vulnerable get the vaccine first.

As for me, I will take no vaccine.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
How do you not understand that choice? Your goal is the continuation of the species and least amount of social effects.

Old people have already lived life and are more of a drain on the system. It sounds harsh but they have already put their time into the system and are currently just using up resources not adding to it. Can't reproduce more then likely.

Middle age- Needed because of skill sets and make up the bulk of the work force. The group also puts in the most resources while using up a large percentage of it. Also needed to care for the older generation and younger generations. This group also can still reproduce.

Young- Currently a drain on the system but will be trained in skill sets and eventually take on the responsibilities listed for middle age above.

Based off what I have listed above, what 2 would you choose to live if you could only pick 2 and they would be responsible for keeping you and your family alive in the present and future?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I was a bit suspicious of the governments motives when I first heard that one.

Here in Scotland the medical board have a cut off age of 62 (?).

I think the logic is that those who lived through the Asian Flu of 1957 have the required immunity.

I must say that my mother, who is now 70, was very ill in 1957 with the Asian Flu, but has never been ill with a cold, flu, or anything else throughout her life since then. She also never goes to a doctor, never had a flu shot, or any other medicines.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Triage is a common medical practice, determining who gets a vaccine is nothing shocking.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

So they want the younger populations to get infected with the virus first. Reasonable, considering that the elderly, when infected, have a lot more chances of dying then the younger populous.

Kneat. How the minds of our oppressors work. Hitler would be proud.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by LyricusMagna]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It seems there is meant to be enforcement of vaccines, quarantines, etc.

PLEASE read and share the below-- I posted it about a week ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join