It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I mentally ill?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Maybe your house is haunted :s

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by Uniceft17

I dont mean any offense by this, but I think it would be good to talk to a psychiatrist. Some of what you describe could be symptoms of schizophrenia.

Doesn't sound like schizophrenia, as I can think a many reasons why it wouldn't be based on the story told so far.

The OP may be simply empathic or hypersensitive and just hasn't realized it.

If the OP says voice are heard, then the OP needs to track down how the voices are heard. Are they being heard because of hypersensitivity to actual voices somewhere? Are they attempts by the brain to figure out what is being sensed from some noise? And so on...

There is no static definition for 'normal', as it only becomes something seen as the status quo.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Mate,

some people on your thread have said some pretty helpful things and others have said some extremely irresponsible things. For example, the idea that if you think you are mentally ill then you're not is only true in a very specific and limited number of extreme illnesses through psychosis for example, if you suffer depression, a mental illness, it is of course absolutely normal to know/think you have a mental illness. The same with body dysmorphic disorder, OCD's and pretty much most mental illnesses. There is documented case after documented case of people who live perfectly normal lives who are aware of, and diagnosed with, schitzophrenia. I have one friend in particular who lives a very normal and fruitful life.

It is not normal to experience auditory and visual hallucinations. If it were simlpy a haunting then you wouldn't also be getting the maths code and the visual formulae. the ghost wouldn't follow you out of the city and to be fair your friend would have probably witnessed the ghost too.

Also, ignore people who tell you not to see a pyschologist. they dont know what they're talking about as psychologists are not licensed to prescribe drugs, that's a pyschiatrist - who has to study medecine first (at least in the UK it's that way). A psychologist looks at the mental causes of illness, a psychiatrist looks at the biological and psychosematic causes.

Dont worry, dont fear, just accept it like a cold or a fever and seek some help.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Duderood]

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I have had a pretty wicked form of anxiety for the past seven years. All through university I had derealization and dissociation, sleep paralysis, hypochondria, anxiety, anxiety, and more anxiety- it's been treacherous. Absolutely treacherous.
We are always scrambling to reach a "higher state of consciousness" or to find our "true self" on this path that seems to dangle between sanity and insanity. Always trying to get better, to go from here to there, to get higher, work harder and aim for some higher level of being where we can sit in a safe place that lies outside of fear.
There is no "true self". There is "self" and there is "no self". Self is ego. No self is enlightened awareness, though I hate that term- enlightened. Every sense of self..higher, lower, whatever have you- self is ego. And ego is something completely dictated by things like fear.
Most mental health worries stem from fear, I would say fear of the loss of control. It certainly is for anxiety, though since that is the only thing I have experienced, I cannot speak for the others.
The only thing you need to understand if you want to sit outside of that fear and outside of your mental health concerns is just that. It is not something that you need to travel to for years upon years, it is something you bring from there, into you. I find that the longer you hold the mentality that you must go...there...the more you become more addicted to the path or journey than the actual destination.
You cannot will away fear. Fear is a wall you walk through, you cannot walk around that wall and detour.
A lot of fear comes from the idea of loss of control. When we are babies we can hardly be blamed for anything, since we assume babies have no control over how they scream or wake up in the night. We assume children have no control, as they are just children and can therefore have no control over their tantrums or ideas. We can say that the elderly have no control over when they die, when they get sick, or how much slower they seem to move. We cannot look at someone who was born to a rich family in Switzerland and compare that person to someone born in Iran and say, "listen bud, it's your fault you've had a hard life, you were born in Iran and it is your own fault, you controlled that". It makes no sense.
So we subconsciously all believe that we have "control" but only in a very brief part of our lives...our middle years. It is very biased. No one assumes we have any control over ourselves until we are adults. As if control is something our minds develop physiologically with age, only to deteriorate again when we die. It makes no sense.
Relinquish control and you relinquish fear. Relinquish control and you understand that things happen exactly as they should, and for whatever reason you are meant to experience whatever it is that you are experiencing. Relinquish control and you understand that "higher self" and "higher consciousness" are just more manifestations of ego, trying to cling onto the thrill and chaos of the path with no regard for the actual destination.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Melissa101
I have had horrible experiences with SSRI 's,I'll stichk with left handed Cigs.
19Ds DON'T need to be flipping out like that.

Heres an OFF idea but I still wonder,could it be Voice to skull?
The MATH formulas feel wrong for a possesson or insanity.

targetedindividualscanada.com...
edit on 5-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uniceft17

This my friend is my only shread of hope because I too have heard this.

This isn't true.

I have schizophrenic friends and they know they are schizophrenic.

What you are describing sounds just like what they can experience.

They need medication to function normally.

You really need to see a doctor who will refer you to a psychiatrist.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
im diagnosed schizoaffective,

What i describe my symptoms as are the following.

1.)the voice of the egyptian goddess isis comes to me like a whisper in the ear.
2.) i hallucinate things in the sky like clouds shaped as biblical objects.
3.) Sometimes i cant control my thoughts and it feels as if they were being placed there by something else.
4.) I hallucinate the sensation of touch and cannot control some of my bodys movements and twitches.
5.) i feel a tingling sensation in the head above the ears all the way around, it communicates with me when i think or say things but its most likely another hallucination.

schizoaffective means you are schizophrenic with bipolar or depression/anxiety.

ive had dreams of a woman in a white laced dress, and i saw her in my neighbors yard once it freaked me out.

you may be developing or have developed schizophrenia. I take the medication, a Fluphenazine injection once a month as an anti-psychotic.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Uniceft17

Get to a reputable shaman if you have the means. They can help, no joke.

I can personally vouch for Orlando Chujandama in Tarapoto, Peru. But there are other good ones including those at SpiritQuest and The Temple of the Way of the Light.

Like, seriously. Make this a priority.

It sounds like you've attracted the attention of some malevolent spirits.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

I had heard a shaman from a native culture in South America toured an insane asylum and he DID say they were only possessed.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Before you go see a psychiatrist, read about the negative side of psychiatry. Such as side effects of drugs presribed to those who suffer from psychosis or schizophrenia. Or your rights as an individual, it will not be difficult to get you into a warden as no one (including judges should your reputation ever be in doubt) will believe you, they will believe the psychiatrists. The same goes for involuntary treatment (medication, ECT), you'll be much more vulnerable than someone who hasn't got that diagnosis.

Realize schizophrenia has no cure so you will be regarded as insane for the entirety of your life, or until you get medication which will not cure anything, just suppress along with other things. There are also no real tests like bloodtests or DNA and even if some say there are it's unlikely you'll be tested so you still will not know for sure, it's just because psychiatry says so.

In my book you can talk about all kinds of crazy stuff but not unless you are a danger to yourself or others is when I consider you insane. Which is another problem with schizophrenia, a lot of people who know you are diagnosed with that will be prejudiced and believe you are a danger. Or simply not completely human and no time should be wasted on you. It is difficult but a person can get used to anything even voices or visions.
edit on 6-9-2015 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I had heard a shaman from a native culture in South America toured an insane asylum and he DID say they were only possessed.

Yes, this is (creepily, disgustingly) exactly what's happening to a lot of people that are seriously "mentally ill."

Those voices OP and others are hearing are most likely malevolent spirits. Those thoughts coming into their heads are most likely placed there from those dark forces.

A seriously talented shaman can help. You might never be able to close that conduit into your mind again, but the shaman can cleanse others of those dark energies and chase those spirits away.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Schizophrenia is a serious mental illness that interferes with a person’s ability to think clearly, manage emotions, make decisions and relate to others. It is a complex, long-term medical illness, affecting about 1% of Americans. Although schizophrenia can occur at any age, the average age of onset tends to be in the late teens to the early 20s for men, and the late 20s to early 30s for women. It is uncommon for schizophrenia to be diagnosed in a person younger than 12 or older than 40. It is possible to live well with schizophrenia. - See more at: www.nami.org...

www.nami.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Six years later...

An over active sub consciousness, ether due to over thinking and seeing how visually and auditory sensitive this sounds, maybe from practicing the Third Eye?

And when you get a form of Idol Hand, or random movement, it feels like it not your and someone elses.
edit on 6-9-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The Catholic Church is too wrapped up in it's dogma to help anyway maybe a United Nations orf Shamans must rise up to heal the world.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Uniceft17

Hi Uniceft17!!

I would like you to do me a favor and watch the following video; I found this a couple of days ago while conducting online research on mind control technologies; I actually listen to many interviews on this subject and one person you should search on Youtube is Barrie Trower: Former Naval Intelligence officer from Great Britain-- he is very knowledgeable in the field of Modern Technology and Government Mind Control. Do look him up, in the meantime though, tell me what you think about this video that I was watching and listening to just yesterday and over the weekend: www.youtube.com...

Just watch it and let me know what you think.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderood

You are experiencing a form of Mind Control. In my opinion your voices are most likely technologically generated by microwave pulse by satellite technology, it's microwave radiation and electromagnetic frequencies. See this video by Barrie Trower, a British Intelligence Agent who knows everything about modern technology and government mind control: Voices are becoming epidemic in the US;

www.youtube.com...

Psychotronic resonance frequencies..

edit on 6-9-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

He is totally right; If they keep you in an institution for a few days, because of any odd behavior you display, the staff themselves will be more than happy to apply levels of stress and abuse: some medical staff members consider that part of their duty. An example: They will sit you down, have you take their medication, and malevolently accuse you of being PSYCHOTIC.

I am not saying not to consult a doctor, I am saying understand the consequences of collaborating with the medical establishment. In some cases medication can be very helpful, but do understand the relationship of dependency you will be establishing with the scientific medical community.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

Hearing Voices has probably been around since humans developed cognitive thought, and well before the development of Electricity and even Wifi.

Even if the Government did develop such a form of technology, it would be more or less to be used for Recon, rather then a gun? It would be like a chemical weapon, it knows no difference between friend or foe.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
At the moment you seem to have some control over it and know that its happening to you.

This is the best time to see a doctor and get treated.

If you lose control over your illness and it is not treated things could get worse quickly.

If you get in under control now, chances are you will just go on to have a normal life, many with this type of illness do.

(post by Zieder removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join