join

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Maybe your house is haunted :s

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by Uniceft17

I dont mean any offense by this, but I think it would be good to talk to a psychiatrist. Some of what you describe could be symptoms of schizophrenia.

Doesn't sound like schizophrenia, as I can think a many reasons why it wouldn't be based on the story told so far.

The OP may be simply empathic or hypersensitive and just hasn't realized it.

If the OP says voice are heard, then the OP needs to track down how the voices are heard. Are they being heard because of hypersensitivity to actual voices somewhere? Are they attempts by the brain to figure out what is being sensed from some noise? And so on...

There is no static definition for 'normal', as it only becomes something seen as the status quo.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Mate,

some people on your thread have said some pretty helpful things and others have said some extremely irresponsible things. For example, the idea that if you think you are mentally ill then you're not is only true in a very specific and limited number of extreme illnesses through psychosis for example, if you suffer depression, a mental illness, it is of course absolutely normal to know/think you have a mental illness. The same with body dysmorphic disorder, OCD's and pretty much most mental illnesses. There is documented case after documented case of people who live perfectly normal lives who are aware of, and diagnosed with, schitzophrenia. I have one friend in particular who lives a very normal and fruitful life.

It is not normal to experience auditory and visual hallucinations. If it were simlpy a haunting then you wouldn't also be getting the maths code and the visual formulae. the ghost wouldn't follow you out of the city and to be fair your friend would have probably witnessed the ghost too.

Also, ignore people who tell you not to see a pyschologist. they dont know what they're talking about as psychologists are not licensed to prescribe drugs, that's a pyschiatrist - who has to study medecine first (at least in the UK it's that way). A psychologist looks at the mental causes of illness, a psychiatrist looks at the biological and psychosematic causes.

Dont worry, dont fear, just accept it like a cold or a fever and seek some help.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Duderood]

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join