It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I mentally ill?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Truthmagnet, you "medically degreed opinion" is just that your Opinion.

Always the first thing the "medically degreed" come up with is Medication.

You never seem to notice that frequently your meds do more harm than good.

YOu seem blissfully unaware that your med/pharma community is responsible for at least 200,000 deaths per year.

I wouldn't brag about being "medically degreed" if I were you.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

I agree on this point. It could be a psychic gift rather that an illness.
I am a student of psychology so that is why I brought up the schzophrenia. You know yourself better than anyone else.
Does this feel natural for you?
If you are ok with it than it is better to understand the hallicantions rather than cure them.
Medication is not a good solution; unless someone perception is altered to the point of harming themselves or others.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I have a thread about Gwen Olsen, and for any of you thinking about taking drugs to help your head, I suggest including her data in your descision process. She was a Pharmaceutical Rep for 14 (15) years and her story is a good one.

See the vids here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I went to someone I trust very much, she runs a shop in the downtown area where I live and she does spiritual healing, she told me I had parasites all over me (in the spiritual sense) and it really did scare her, I trust her and i've known her for a long time through my mom. She said she would have to get back to me because she's waiting on an MD who does spiritual healing also, so this is like the perfect doctor for me to see, we need more doctors who are open to more possibilities. But she did say since I had a family history (aunt is schizo) that it could be a possibility. I will update latter.

And I appreciate all the advice guys, it's been overwhemling, all the page long u2u's I have, ATS is a really good community so thanks for all the support.

I will keep you updated.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Do not worry yourself......

....... Thats what will drive you insane.

There are 2 different types of voices you can hear, inside your head and outside your head.

I heard a theory about this and that is inside your head and multiple personalities are the result of previous lives reconnecting into the present life.

Outside voices are from the spiritual or outer realm, some good, some bad, the bad ones stick around and drive the man insane- this is Schizophrenia.

Good voices come and then leave: this is the tool used by Clarvoyants.

Visit a spiritualist church or a highly recommended Clarvoyant.

If they meant you any harm they would of done so, if they do then ignore them from the first contact as when the bad ones know you can hear them they will never leave you alone.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
My little sister sees these lower astrals, or shares this insanity with you, it depends how one perceives the affliction. The awareness that these thoughts are not yours is the best antidote. I went through my own bout of anxiety and insanity, I found "The Power of Now" cd version extremely healing and I also learned to meditate, I took control, now I use my mind only when I need to. I found the documentary " the century of the self" really helpful in liberating myself of the mundane programing and herd conformity(there are so many layers of possession) and negative entities split when I appear, I have decided not to be indulging with any form of interference. It takes a long time and alot of diligence to control and direct one's thought process. I'ts a full time job actually.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

OR...a mystical experience....the difference between a schizophrenic and a mystic, is one can swim in the ocean, while the other sinks.

There are many Psychiatrists now, from the school of Dr. Carl Jung, who recognize the difference and can save the individual from needless meds or incorrect labelling.
Check out Dr. Mark Waller, who is just one example of an awakened psychologist, from California.

Try also reading accounts of enlightened people who have intergrated these experiences into everyday life, following an understanding they weren't crazy by society's standards.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
i agree with the people who say u r being haunted

earthbound spirits are usually delinquents, not going to the higher astral realms that average, good people go to...the earthbound spirits are generally "evil," and very interested in getting ahold of a human, fleshly body, because these spirits are heavily addicted to the flesh

so send them away and protect yourself by any means...calling on Jesus or a true spiritual Master or Saint or Angel, or God, should help

or at least exercise a lot, and keep your mind very busy in a wholesome way

prayers.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
Truthmagnet, you "medically degreed opinion" is just that your Opinion.

Always the first thing the "medically degreed" come up with is Medication.

You never seem to notice that frequently your meds do more harm than good.

YOu seem blissfully unaware that your med/pharma community is responsible for at least 200,000 deaths per year.

I wouldn't brag about being "medically degreed" if I were you.

Umm.. No - I didn't suggest medication was the only way to go - and in fact for both my wife and I who have seperate brain chemical imbalance issues medication turned out to be a poor choice.

We were both able to use holistic methods combined with excercise and diet changes to bring our individual issues under disciplined control.

But certainly - when one is finding their disorder to be extremely disruptive to their normal life - one should be open to the posibility of at least temporary pharmacuetical assistance.

Just because the AMA is a compromised, dogmatic institution doesn;t mean that all M.D.'s are ignorant to the many possible treatments for one's medical issues.

The first step - like I suggested is diagnosis - and it looks like the OP is being refered to a trusted M.D. like I originally suggested - a most prudent step.

I am really shocked about the quantity of new age psuedo-science I hear espoused even here on ATS - but hey scientific training and critical thinking are low priorities for public schools these days...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by brygivrob

earthbound spirits are usually delinquents, not going to the higher astral realms that average, good people go to...the earthbound spirits are generally "evil,"

*****FALSE. Earthbound spirits could be anyone. Mostly people who do not realize that they have left their bodies.****

and very interested in getting ahold of a human, fleshly body, because these spirits are heavily addicted to the flesh

****A moot point****

so send them away and protect yourself by any means...calling on Jesus or a true spiritual Master or Saint or Angel, or God, should help

****They care ot for any of that. It doesn't bother them at all!!
Better to mentally attack them with whatever weapon you can
conjure up. Flaming Kung Foo Stars work well.****

or at least exercise a lot, and keep your mind very busy in a wholesome way prayers.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

Hello, I am currently a medical student and I have just finished my mental health class. Your descriptions are very similar to Schizophrenia.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is literally the worst website to ask for this type of advice.

There is a very well meaning member-base here, although many of them are interested in bizarre things (after-all this is a conspiracy website) , and most people are either too decisive (and aggressive in their beliefs) and others are completely indecisive.

With all that being said, .. I've been taking training in NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) and hypnosis / hypnotherapy for close to 5 years now.

From reading your post, I would recommend you find a reputable NLP practitioner in your area and the reason why I suggest this is because it is a more relevant form of "therapy" that doesn't involve any drugs.

Judging by the content you've supplied I would not think it wise to try and assist you over the internet but you should talk with a practitioner trained in analyzing your interpersonal communications because from what you've already written and explained the issues you believe you have are something you could get some help with from a good NLP practitioner, I would although find someone who is from the Richard Bandler training style and avoid Tad James / Chris Howard.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Your OP said :
I've been seeing and hearing things probably since about the age of 18, it started a little before then but not as intense.

For what it's worth, the Tibetan master Losang Dragpa, commonly known today as Lama Je Tsong Khapa, founder of the Gelugpa, or Yellow Hat Order, counted as one of his main 'teachers' somebody he referred to only as 'Gentle Voice'.

He never saw Gentle Voice, only just heard him ...

As far as the 'seeing things' go, Tilopa, one of the great 84 Indian mahasiddhas, was often observed walking through the market. Many witnesses claimed that they could plainly see the Tilopa's bone ornaments blazing with a strange and brilliant fire, while others saw absolutely nothing unusual ...

On another note, it is said Tilopa had no human teachers.

I'd say you're in some pretty good company !

Fear not - all will be revealed ...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
PureEnergy, that is what I told him back on page 7.

"You do not need meds.
Do some research on NLP practitoners. You really need one who has a "Trainer's Certificate" IF you could find a good one, he/she may be able to help you to have more control over these things.
Just let me warn you that there are a lot of "wanna bes" out there. So be sure to ask the person what his experience has been."

I'm glad you came on to back me up.

What is wrong with Tad James and the other one?
James is the "Time LIne" guy.
I've played with this. It can be interesting.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

PureEnergy, that is what I told him back on page 7.

"You do not need meds.
Do some research on NLP practitoners. You really need one who has a "Trainer's Certificate" IF you could find a good one, he/she may be able to help you to have more control over these things.
Just let me warn you that there are a lot of "wanna bes" out there. So be sure to ask the person what his experience has been."

I'm glad you came on to back me up.

What is wrong with Tad James and the other one?
James is the "Time LIne" guy.
I've played with this. It can be interesting.

*I don't want to hi-jack this thread at all*

I'm sorry, I only read the first page of responses because I didn't want to have to try and correct all the malarkey he was just told

I personally find that Tad James and Chris Howard do not have a good teaching style and really when it comes right down to it, Bandler is the driving force for NLP; if it weren't for his attitude a lot of the base work for NLP would not have been done. Bandler to me is elegant in his work, whereas I find that Tad James and Chris Howard seem forced and it just seems like they are "fake" to me.

OP
It won't do any good to just research NLP if you are already actively seeking assistance; at this point it would be wise now to actively seek someone who has done their trainers training in NLP or someone who at least has their Master Practitioner certification (provided by a Bandler approved certification training)

If you go to see your doctor or a local psychotherapist you *may* end up doing yourself YEARS of damage. They are trained in "the physicians desk reference" and rather then using your own physical and mental resources you'll end up on drugs or in some kind of bizarre therapy that doesn't understand interpersonal communication as elegantly as NLP.

[edit on 7/30/2009 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

This sounds like paranormal activity.
I would suggest having a King James Bible by your bed at night.
The Bible will help you even more if you read from it.There are many
soothing passages in Psalms.
Another suggestion is to pray for protection.You draw near to God,He
will draw near to you!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I would suggest you talk to a Dr.,have a check up ,make sure nothing medical is happening to you.I would talk to a good baptist preacher
as well.I will add you to my prayer list,good luck!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
Don't take any medications that you don't really know what it is or what could do to you. Don't believe in the "experts", do your own research.

We all see, hear and feel things. It's not unnatural to see, hear and feel things that no one else does. It happens with everyone but most people simply discard those experiences because of fear of being rejected.

You are not crazier than anyone else, believe in yourself!

You're doing this guy(?) a disservice by saying this stuff. "Experts" are called that because they've dedicated their lives to the study/practice of a certain field. They tend to be quite good at it.

If you've got chest pain, you go to an 'expert' in cardiopulmonary medicine. If you've got sharp piercing headaches all of a sudden, you go to an 'expert' neurologist. If your kid's sick, you take him to an 'expert' pediatrician.

And if you're hearing voices, seeing things that aren't there, etc. you go to a psychiatrist. Another 'expert.'

And no, 'we' don't 'all see, hear and feel things.' And it doesn't happen to everyone, otherwise it would have been recognized as happening to everyone (or even most people or a majority) thousands of years ago.

Uniceft17, don't listen to this 'person.' About the only thing s/he has said that's of some value is that you're not necessarily crazy. You've just got some sort of chemical imbalance, or neurological disorder. They're doing some pretty impressive stuff with medication in that area.

You might be schizophrenic, a little bit at least, but that hardly means they're going to come along and lock you away if you talk about it. There are plenty of people in the world in the same situation, but with proper medication, they manage pretty well.

Just talk to a doctor, look into it. It's a safe bet, I'd say, that a little prescription will do the trick.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
For years I kept my mouth shut when I started having odd experiences, hearing voices, seeing things. Then at some point the experiences came more frequent, they became more intense and I had to tell my family. I wish I had kept my mouth shut, at least I would still be in good standing with them, now they believe my brain is defect and treat me as if I can't understand them, like I'm simply not intelligent anymore.

I do miss them but at the same time I wouldn't want to get involved with them anymore, not only because they would choose medication rather than a spiritual explanation but also because they believe the doctor's words who said my illness will never go away but instead grow worse over the years. It's been several years now and I'm actually doing much better.

So keep in mind, once you tell anyone close and they respond negatively, you can never "untell" and they'll probably see you as a schizo (and all negative assumptions on schizophrenia) for the remainder of your life. I chose to talk to the "hallucinations" and it has enriched my life.

The only advice I could give you is that you should never be afraid, even if some of what you see is scary. Always try to explain things for yourself, become your own expert. Try to understand most psychiatrists may have researched schizophrenics but are not schizophrenic themselves, they don't know what it is like nor can they offer you a frame of thinking that keeps you sane. The only thing they can and will do is give you medicine and tell you it is all not true, it didn't work for me.

Originally posted by brygivrob

earthbound spirits are usually delinquents, not going to the higher astral realms that average, good people go to...the earthbound spirits are generally "evil,"

*****FALSE. Earthbound spirits could be anyone. Mostly people who do not realize that they have left their bodies.****

Those are the people that lived superficial lives, who don't understand the difference between good and evil, who have never believed in the afterlife so never prepared for it, who lived in denial and are in death in denial, who don't believe in anything "higher", that is why nothing "higher" can come into their sphere.

To me such spirits are evil because I can argue with them for days, months, they will not go away because they don't understand where they are, where they should go, how they should go etc. those kind of spirits could bring me down several years ago when my faith was not strong enough.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
and uniceft ;how did you get on???????????

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join