It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I mentally ill?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
you must of asked a question.... yea up... sure case of mental illness if I have ever seen one... "they are running the commercial on tv... so you must be..."

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
See an exorcist.

Or perform one on yourself. U2 me for details.

Prayer is also good as I believe someone mentioned on the first page.

It is just wise to cover that spiritual base before you consider psychiatry.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

I believe you are right on the money. The OP could be picking up some of the other dimensions he/she inhabits (apparently we exist in 11 dimensions simultaneously).

I've read these things could start happening to more and more people as the Earth ascends to the 5th dimension.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Dude - coming from a bio-scientist - it seems pretty clear you have Schizophrenia... and you have a family history which helps sinch it.

I have friends with Bi-Polar disorder and freinds of friends who have Schizophrenia...

I have OCD and ADD - sh*t we all have something - it doesn;t have to be that big a deal.

I would definately go to a Doctor - whom you find reasonable - and be very honest about your symptoms...

Most likely you will need to be on some kind of medication to help with the disorder - but it may take some tweaking to get the right one for you - so have patience for the process.

And whatever you do - don't - seriously don't follow the voices you hear - particularly if they suggets some kind of harm to you or others.

I have the form of OCD where your "conscience" makes rediculous insane suggestions - they are low level and I ignore them - so I can in some way empathise with your difficulties.

Please - either by writing on a piece of paper you take - or by mentally preparing yourself - don't make the mistake of thinking your doctor is out to get you - going to a doctor can be stressful and may cause you to be paranoid when you should not be.

I would even take a close friend with you - so he can tell if your giving the doctor a chance to help you or just wigging out - I've been told such a guide can be really helpful when first getting diagnosed professionally.

Good luck to you - I'm sure with time. patience, and medication you will be able to overcome the obstacles of your disorder - there is absolutely no shame in it - and it probably bestows some extra mental agility to you from the average norm...

[edit on 28-7-2009 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

Originally posted by Geladinhu
Don't take any medications that you don't really know what it is or what could do to you. Don't believe in the "experts", do your own research.

We all see, hear and feel things. It's not unnatural to see, hear and feel things that no one else does. It happens with everyone but most people simply discard those experiences because of fear of being rejected.

You are not crazier than anyone else, believe in yourself!

Please dont listen to this as it is not true. It is unnatural to hear voices and see things that others do not. Healthy people dont generally see or hear things that are not there or that others do not.

Don't listen to this guy, he/she is obviously living in a box.

you could be perceiving more, chances are the medications you would be put on would make you worse in many ways.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
OP, listen to your gut. If you feel you need to seek some advice - do it. There are many avenues of help and support. A mental health professional can evaluate your condition and help you make choices and open up other avenues not yet known to you.
After that maybe do it again through someone else to give you some more choices perhaps.
Don't feel bad or see this as a negative experience, just help yourself by getting the right advice by people who deal with this everyday and have helped others like yourself.

People saying your are chanelling other dimensions or whatever are absolute morons as this only creates more doubt for you and does not put you on a path of self help.

Seek some "proper" advice and decide on the best course of action.
If you have close family or friends involve them too - don't do this on your own, there real is no need to. There are support groups too and forums.

Once you have some information presented, then make some choices and allow others to help.

Remember there are natural alternatives too which should not be overlooked.

Then if you want to explore "other dimensions" and what not - do it. As you may be aware, that rabbit hole is unlikely to deal with your feelings or provide any solid answers. Shame on anyone suggesting this.

All the best, shoot a U2U if you like - whatever it takes to make you feel at ease.

OSS

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hi m8,

you know, I wouldent worry too much about it!

but theres a lot of meaning in what I just said. as you may find out.

I think I know exactly what you have,

and its not schizophrenia, if it was, you wouldent know about it, it would be your mum or wife posting on hear instead for your sake.
(that maybe an irrisponsable thing to say but, its what I think, go to the doctors if you feel you should, like I say I'm not a doctor)

it would seem you have an anxiety disorder.

I'm not a doctor, but I have in the past sufferd from it for almost 2 years.

symptoms are so broad, and can exclude panic attacks alltogether.

I know how to cure it for good,

but first hears is a bit about how I developed the problem.

Back in 2007 I did a very silly thing with Mushrooms in amsterdam, I had never taken them before and actually diden't know they were hallucigenic.

you can all call me stupid, and I was! I admit!

I ate almost 2 full boxes fresh and washed them down with a bottle of beer.

I was totaly not expecting what would happen. and a sa result, had a major panic attack.

I managed to get back to my hotel on my own, where it really kicked in.
I was a mess. I looked in the mirror and my face/hands/feet were bloated and swelling up, of course not really, it was just in my head, it got bad my arms were dripping of onto the floor, my body constantly changing shape and I went unconsouse and felt I was in two places and times at once trying to breath for two of me. at one point I lft my body and could see myself a few feet away and it was just a mush of colour coming in waves.

I wasent rdy for it, and I took way too much. and sufferd.

after it wore off I was fine! my friends came round I had a joint and then went out drinking all night and had a really good night.

I was fine for about three weeks!

then one day at work, I suddenly in about 3 seconds felt really really afraid, shakey perculier, my heart raced and I coulent breath, my legs were so damm weak and my vision started to blur, I was having a full blown panic attack,

this happend daily for about 5 months.
I turned to the internet convinced I was having a heart attack or somthing.

they slowly subsided the panic attacks and it morphed into just feeling anxious. and having anxious feelings, I would be irritable and weak, have racing thoughts and it would come and go but last constantly for maybe 3 days then go away and come back a few days later.

the panic attacks were gone, but I was left with anxity disorder,

I couldent sleep , I heard things that wasent there, I felt sick almost daily,
stomach problems, sometimes I'd look in the mirror and have trouble defining myself, or I'd look at my arm and not recognise the shape.

very perculier feelings.
I'd be out somwhere and I'd have paranoid delusions, and all my reality would feel like it could smash at any time and I was gonna just go insane, and fall of the face of the earth!

lay in bed I'd lightly sleep and dream such racing thoughts and dreams where I'm racing down corridoors punching and screaming in a frenzy.

like I'd gone insaine!

I felt insane, I'd have the same strange thoughts in bed, random comlex numbers and sounds, like mathamatics constantly crunching endless amounts of meaningless jibbeerish!!!!

It took me aaagessss! to find out what was wrong with me!.

no doctors, no meds,

I finaly found out I had anxiety disorder,

and found a program that totaly cures it,

the Charles Lindon meathad

www.thelindenmethod.co.uk...

theres a guy who ha sbeen through the worst of it.

and he has found how to cure it,

look at the videos of him on there, it will help you,

the program,

in book form or digital book and the audio exercises on the acomnying CD

are GOLD DUST

I'm not just saying that! It totaky cured me in three weeks.

Its around £150 to order it, but if you U2U me I will send it you as I obtaind it through "other means" ;-)

I sware down m8 this will sort you out, just by listening to the CD.

I really is good! theres a track on the Cd thats only like a min long and it totaly stops thoes feelings or thoughts DEAD in its tracks,

and the book explains the science behind it and its so simple!!!!!!!

just look at the videos on the website and you will feel at ease, and it will all become clear.

I'll copy this Post as a U2U anyhow.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by TrentReznor]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think it is foolish to suggest it is one thing or another for certain. Most likely it is a mental or biological disorder. So at least see what a doctor has to say. If you're sane enough to question it it's probably very treatable if this is the case.

But I have seen enough to suggest that it could be a ghost, demon, psychic phenomena, other unknown phenomena, or a combination of these. So if drugs don't work, have an open mind and pursue another explanation. I've got social anxiety but I can't imagine what you're going through is like. I wish you the best of luck.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMagnet
Dude - coming from a bio-scientist - it seems pretty clear you have Schizophrenia... and you have a family history which helps sinch it.

I have friends with Bi-Polar disorder and freinds of friends who have Schizophrenia...

I have OCD and ADD - sh*t we all have something - it doesn;t have to be that big a deal.

I would definately go to a Doctor - whom you find reasonable - and be very honest about your symptoms...

Most likely you will need to be on some kind of medication to help with the disorder - but it may take some tweaking to get the right one for you - so have patience for the process.

And whatever you do - don't - seriously don't follow the voices you hear - particularly if they suggets some kind of harm to you or others.

I have the form of OCD where your "conscience" makes rediculous insane suggestions - they are low level and I ignore them - so I can in some way empathise with your difficulties.

Please - either by writing on a piece of paper you take - or by mentally preparing yourself - don't make the mistake of thinking your doctor is out to get you - going to a doctor can be stressful and may cause you to be paranoid when you should not be.

I would even take a close friend with you - so he can tell if your giving the doctor a chance to help you or just wigging out - I've been told such a guide can be really helpful when first getting diagnosed professionally.

Good luck to you - I'm sure with time. patience, and medication you will be able to overcome the obstacles of your disorder - there is absolutely no shame in it - and it probably bestows some extra mental agility to you from the average norm...

[edit on 28-7-2009 by TruthMagnet]

what are you a bio scientist from fifth grade dude. your ignorant and yes being labeled scizophrenic might as well be a death sentence to anyone thats been told they have scizophrenia. i cried when the docter said that i had scizophrenia because i knew that if someone was even told about that it would ruin my social life. its social and emotional suicide to even be labeled such a thing even though i knew that i didnt have it and that it was something more mystical. so your science is stupid and lazy and will only ruin the world and wont ever help it.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Asking people on ATS whether you're mentally ill is like me coming here and saying, "I've got a pain in my belly. Do I have appendicitis?"

We don't know if you're ill; we *can't* know. Only professionals have a chance of knowing, after interviewing you in person; and even they don't always know.

If you're worried about it, seek the help of some sort of professional. ATS is not the place to seek an answer to such an important question.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
One more thing to add from my last post.....remember, even if you do get a diagnosis of bipolar or schizophrenia, a really good thing to remember is that you're in good company. Some of the most brilliant, talented, and creative people in the world are bipolar and schizophrenic. Seriously, take a look at this list:

Famous People with Bipolar Disorder:

Actors & Actresses

Ned Beatty
Maurice Bernard, soap opera
Jeremy Brett
Jim Carey
Lisa Nicole Carson
Rosemary Clooney, singer
Lindsay Crosby
Eric Douglas
Robert Downey Jr.
Patty Duke
Carrie Fisher
Connie Francis, singer and actress
Shecky Greene, comedian
Linda Hamilton
Moss Hart, actor, director, playright
Mariette Hartley
Margot Kidder
Vivien Leigh
Kevin McDonald, comedian
Kristy McNichols
Burgess Meredith, actor, director
Spike Milligan, actor, writer
Spike Mulligan, comic actor and writer
Nicola Pagett
Ben Stiller, actor, director, writer
David Strickland
Lili Taylor
Tracy Ullman
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Robin Williams
Jonathon Winters, comedian

Artists

Alvin Alley, dancer, choreogapher
Ludwig Von Beethoven
Tim Burton, artist, director
Francis Ford Coppola, director
George Fredrick Handel, composer
Bill Lichtenstein, producer
Joshua Logan, broadway director, producer
Vincent Van Gogh, painter
Gustav Mahier, composer
Francesco Scavullo, artist, photographer
Robert Schumann, composer
Don Simpson, movie producer
Norman Wexler, screenwriter, playwright

Entrepreneurs

Robert Campeau
Pierre Peladeau
Heinz C. Prechter
Ted Turner, media giant

Financiers

John Mulheren
Murray Pezim

Miscellaneous

Buzz Aldrin, astronaut
Clifford Beers, humanitarian
Garnet Coleman, legislator (Texas)
Larry Flynt, publisher and activist
Kit Gingrich, Newt's mom
Phil Graham, owner of Washington Post
Peter Gregg, team owner and manager, race car driver
Susan Panico (Susan Dime-Meenan), business executive
Sol Wachtier, former New York State Chief Judge

Musicians

Ludwig van Beethoven, composer
Alohe Jean Burke, musician, vocalist
Rosemary Clooney, singer
DMX Earl Simmons, rapper and actor
Ray Davies
Lenny Dee
Gaetano Donizetti, opera singer
Peter Gabriel
Jimi Hendrix
Kristen Hersh (Throwing Muses)
Phyllis Hyman
Jack Irons
Daniel Johnston
Otto Klemperer, musician, conductor
Oscar Levant, pianist, composer, television
Phil Ochs, musician, political activist, poet
John Ogden, composer, musician
Jaco Pastorius
Charley Pride
Mac Rebennack (Dr. John)
Jeannie C. Riley
Alys Robi, vocalist in Canada
Axl Rose
Nick Traina
Del Shannon
Phil Spector, musician and producer
Sting, Gordon Sumner, musician, composer
Tom Waits, musician, composer
Brian Wilson, musician, composer, arranger
Townes Van Zandt, musician, composer

Poets

John Berryman
C.E. Chaffin, writer, poet
Hart Crane
Randall Jarrell
Jane Kenyon
Robert Lowell
Sylvia Plath
Robert Schumann
Delmore Schwartz

Political

Robert Boorstin, special assistant to President Clinton
L. Brent Bozell, political scientist, attorney, writer
Bob Bullock, ex secretary of state, state comptroller and lieutenant governer
Winston Churchill
Kitty Dukasis, former First Lady of Massachusetts
Thomas Eagleton, lawyer, former U.S. Senator
Lynne Rivers, U.S. Congress
Theodore Roosevelt, President of the United States
Scholars

John Strugnell, biblical scholar

Scientists

Karl Paul Link, chemist
Dimitri Mihalas

Sports

Shelley Beattie, bodybuilding, sailing
John Daly, golf
Muffin Spencer-Devlin, pro golf
Ilie Nastase, tennis
Jimmy Piersail, baseball player, Boston Red Sox, sports announcer
Barret Robbins, football
Wyatt Sexton, football
Alonzo Spellman, football
Darryl Strawberry, baseball
Dimitrius Underwood, football
Luther Wright, basketball
Bert Yancey, athlete
TV & Radio

Dick Cavett
Jay Marvin, radio, writer
Jane Pauley

Writers

Louis Althusser, philosopher, writer
Honors de Balzac
Art Buchwald, writer, humorist
Neal Cassady
Patricia Cornwell
Margot Early
Kaye Gibbons
Johann Goethe
Graham Greene
Abbie Hoffman, writer, political activist
Kay Redfield Jamison, writer, psychologist
Peter Nolan Lawrence
Frances Lear, writer, editor, women's rights activist
Rika Lesser, writer, translator
Kate Millet
Robert Munsch
Margo Orum
Edgar Allen Poe
Theodore Roethke
Lori Schiller, writer, educator
Frances Sherwood
Scott Simmie, writer, journalist
August Strindberg
Mark Twain
Joseph Vasquez, writer, movie director
Mark Vonnegut, doctor, writer
Sol Wachtler, writer, judge
Mary Jane Ward
Virginia Woolf

Famous people with Scizophrenia:

Tom Harrell, Jazz Musician
Meera Popkin, Broadway Star
John Nash - Mathematician/Nobel Prize Winner
Andy Goram - Scottish Soccer Player/Goal Keeper
Lionel Aldridge - Superbowl-winning Football Player
Peter Green, Guitarist for the band Fleetwood Mac
Syd Barrett of the band Pink Floyd
Alexander "Skip" Spence and Bob Mosley - both members of the 1960's rock group Moby Grape (and Jefferson Airplane for Skip Spence)
Roger Kynard "Roky" Erickson, of the Austin-based 1960's group TheThirteenth Floor Elevators
Joe Meek - 1960's British record producer
James Beck Gordon (Jim Gordon) - Jism Gordon had been, quite simply, one of the greatest drummers of his time
Charles "Buddy" Bolden - Jazz Musician
Antoin Artaud - Dramatist, Artist
Mary Todd Lincoln, wife of Abraham Lincoln (past-President of the United States)
Vaclav Nijinsky, Famous Russian Dancer

------

Why? It's because we have the ability to see other dimensions of reality....other realms...new frontiers of consciousness, that most others can't even dream of. Sure, it can be curse to have this disease, but also....it can be a blessing. We can accomplish so much that others can't.

Music...science...art.....we push the envelope farther than others can even dream. We are the ones who expand the frontiers of human consciousness. Sure, we have a hard time living a normal, mundane life, like so many others in the world...but think of the people in the world who have been responsible for advancing human consciousness...they were not the "normal ones."

So, be sure to get a full medical workup. But if you do end up being diagnosed.....take heart....you'll be in good company.

Once your'e feeling better, and more balanced....and don't worry....with the right treatment, you CAN feel better....I promise you....

But once you do feel better....embrace your diversity. Everyone talks about diversity of race, color, creed, and sexual preference.....but nobody talks about diversity of human perception. There IS diversity of human perception, thought, and creative thinking, too!! Embrace it.....it makes us unique, and we make the world a better place.

Oh, and I'm so glad that somebody else brought up diet, because that's true....so many people have been able to "reverse" their "mental illness" simply by changing their diet, too. I forgot to add that to my previous post.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by nikiano]

[edit on 28-7-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Starred and Applauded.

Extremely well done!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. How long have you lived in that house? You say you only see the woman in lace in the house.
Ever thought that maybe the house is screwing with you? Remember the Amytiville stories.

Noone knows if they are true but if they were then this could be a similar situation.

I need to point out that this does not mean you shouldn't go get checked out. Just something to keep in mind.

Hope you feel better soon.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I don't agree with the people who say to not get treatment and get medication (if it turns out you infact have a problem). How could you tell someone that? This sounds like schitzophrenia to me tbh, man. I used to have a friend who was schitzophrenic and as long as he went to his therapists...etc and took his meds he was perfectly fine. As some people have said it is NOT normal to hear voices.

Also as someone already said this is probably the worst place on the net to ask these kinds of questions. Just judging from these replies. Sheesh.

I don't want to scare you but I urge you to get help before it gets any worst!

I believe in god myself but don't follow any religion and don't believe in demons. Some people have said that all people with mental illness have demons... I disagree. We aren't living 500 years ago. Jees. Many mental problems in this day and age they have found the cause is chemical imbalances in the brain...etc.

BTW I personally am bi-polar and I take my meds and I'm fine. I'd MUCH rather take my meds and feel a little weird from them then feel out of my head all the time and risk having problems.

I live a perfectly normal life. I have a wife and daughter to support and can't risk having any problems. Without my meds I probably wouldn't be able to get up for work everyday and I really wouldn't trust myself to raise a family.No way in hell I'm having my family taken away from me just because of a mental problem that is pretty much managable. So I will continue to take my meds, I don't care what religious people say.

Once again - It is NOT natural and normal to see things and hear voices. I urge you to get help!

Just my opinion. Please none of you attack me for it. I'm just trying to help.

So take my advice or do as some of these other people say and embrace your mental illness. Although I HIGHLY disagree with them. I don't know if you have to work or have a family to support but if you do its not safe to always be in a weird mental state. Get help!

Peace

[edit on 29-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
You're not crazy. You are awakening to the truth. The truth that this is not a 4d world. You are connecting to inter dimensional beings.

There is a huge population out there who wants what you have. We have been trying to connect using clairvoyance, Astral projection and clairaudience. I have had the negative entities interaction and I can tell you that they feel real. This was after 6 months I tried to Astral Project.

Use this. You are the lucky one. There is large number of books written on how to get to where you are. Read any book on Astral Projection, inter dimensional communication and connecting with the spirit world.

How do you think the Police psychics find the people they are looking for successfully? Check out Rebecca Journeygan radio show. Once a week, she talks about all this.

The human race is on the verge of a turning point. We are all headed to what you are experiencing.

The Drug medication and the old ways of thinking (Psychiatrists) are on their way out. Don't give control of yourself to Drugs and other People. You are on the right path and you have a gift.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
No you are not mentally ill but you are getting there. Mental illness by definition must alter or prevent normal functioning.

What you may have is SUBLIMINAL DISTRACTION exposure. You appear to be experiencing the onset of bizarre behavior from this little known problem.

The first thing to do is see a medical doctor and have that person begin to look for a physical reason for your new experiences. There are many including vitamin deficiencies, brain disease, silent stroke, and cardiac problems.

While that investigation is being done visit VisionAndPsychosis.Net and learn about Subliminal Distraction. Search your daily activities and remove any behaviors that allow exposure. If your onset of symptoms is recent they will disappear in a few weeks. If your exposure is long standing it will take months to get relief.

If you continue to have exposure you may increase symptoms.

There is no treatment for SD exposure. No drug or therapy is designed to deal with it. The medical experts are unaware this engineering design problem exists. I remembered learning of it in psychology class after my wife had a psychotic break in the payroll office of the University of Alabama thirty days after her office was changed eliminating Cubicle Level Protection.

The office cubicle was designed to deal with the vision startle reflex when the problem was discovered in newly designed office work areas.

THIS IS A PROBLEM DISCOVERED AND SOLVED FORTY YEARS AGO.

Engineers and designers working in Systems Furniture believe it can only cause a harmless temporary episode of confusion. My six year investigation shows it to cause panic attacks, paranoia, depression, and thoughts of suicide.

IT IS DANGEROUS

There is a contact form on the site if you have questions.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
not read the full thread .but reads the first page . now i aint know doctor . but i have a 3 friends that are scizoprenic . yes they hear voices dont know about seeing thing though . and i have seen a friend who went in to a drug induced phcosis for over 3 day s who was really not well . but snaped out of it . all because of drugs ..
he thought i was cia .talking abousloute jiberish halluicinating etc not nice to see .

but as i said he snapped out of it . others get drugs to control there schisphrena .
the part of you felling shifty in your chair sounds like anixety .what is something lots of pepole have experinced. myself included when i was a stoner .. if you smoke cannibus tryin stoping that and you should feel difrent ;-)

my advice to you would be talk to the doctor or phcoligist about it and they wil point you in the right direction

soryy about my gramma and spelling not am i just lazy but a dysleic lazy so that doesnt help lol

anyway best of luck and keep us posted

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by make.changes

what are you a bio scientist from fifth grade dude. your ignorant and yes being labeled scizophrenic might as well be a death sentence to anyone thats been told they have scizophrenia. i cried when the docter said that i had scizophrenia because i knew that if someone was even told about that it would ruin my social life. its social and emotional suicide to even be labeled such a thing even though i knew that i didnt have it and that it was something more mystical. so your science is stupid and lazy and will only ruin the world and wont ever help it.

make.changes,

I am sorry but I find you to be the ignorant one for your belief that having a medical disorder (even a brain based one) makes someone a social pariah for life.

The OP asked for our opinion - and in my medically degreed opinion - he has all the classic symptoms of schizophrenia - with a family history of mental illness.

That being the case I logically suggested he persue further diagnosis with a competent doctor - who - if neccessary - could send him to a neuro specialist if neccessary for further tests.

I also suggested he bring a trusted friend or family member to the appointment so that objectivity could be more easily maintained during the session.

(obviously if one is having auditory and visual hallucinations one can not always be confident in one's own perceptions)

I'm sorry if I can't get on-board will all you looney tunes who believe his disorder is actually some kind of super-power, but I thought he might want to hear the objective opinion of a scientist who is no stranger to mental issues.

Sounds like maybe you need to get back on your medication!

(paranoid much?)

But I am genuinely sorry if you had been mis-diagnosed in the past - it happens - often getting a second opinion with another medical professional can help sort things out.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Uniseft17,
Please understand that:
You are NOT "mentally ill"!!!

You are aware that these visions and voices are your own perceptions.
You know that others do not see and hear them.
You see, that is where the difference is. The real paranoid schizos think that the visions and voices are seen and heard by all.

You do know that Psychics and Channelers also See and Hear what others do not.

Study your experiences. Learn to control them. Perhaps you can put them to good use.

THere are people on this thread that are giving you very bad advice.

Be very careful about seeing any knd of doctor or coucellor.
You do not need meds.
Do some research on NLP practitoners. You really need one who has a "Trainer's Certificate" IF you could find a good one, he/she may be able to help you to have more control over these things.
Just let me warn you that there are a lot of "wanna bes" out there. So be sure to ask the person what his experience has been.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I work on a crisis line and talk to many different types of people. Yes I agree it is not normal to see or hear things. It does not mean you are insane. Schizophrenia is a possiblity but not the only possiblity.
It really depends on what you injest; do you do drugs or eat anything out of the ordinary.
I am so sick of society labelling and judging people. You are not crazy and you do not lose any credblity in my book.
I have been told I have bi-polar. I don't feel like it but it does not scare me. If I do start to display symptoms I will just deal with them. I have been to therapists who say I am just a hyperchondic.
A lack of sleep, lack of oxygen and poor diet could also give you mild hallcanations. I have had very mild hallcanations due to strobe lighting, flurosent lighting and anxities.
A therapist could help but be careful if they want to hypnotize you. I know when my therapist used hypnotic suggestions I would feel like I was floating. I had unreal feelings and even could not remember some of my sessions.
Medications can cure but can also be a bad thing. Do some research at the libary on different illnesses.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join