It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I mentally ill?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I will probably lose all credibility by posting this but I could care less at this moment, I just want to talk about what I have been experiencing.

I've been seeing and hearing things probably since about the age of 18, it started a little before then but not as intense.

First i'm going to start off with the moments where I feel insane, I'll start here first because this recently started happening in the past 6 months. I'll have moments when I'll feel out of control, but in a different way, it's an insane out of control, like i'm not controling my own thoughts, my body movements change to, I'll move around very erraticly for no reason changing posistions constanly when i'm sitting for no reason, i'll shake really bad look around in a paranoid stupor, and ill even play with my hair which I NEVER do. and then a little while later it will subside and I will feel normal.

Now onto my hearing things, I hear voices all the time, sometimes they are in my head and sometimes they are external. For example the other night i was trying to go to sleep and I was hearing this voice in my head but I wasn't listening to it because I was so out of it that I didn't even notice it talking untill the last minute. I remember listening and all I could hear was mathmatics and really complex mathmatical code (Something you would see on a professors chalk board and you wander WTF? does that mean?) I could also see it. After a little while it stopped and I couldn't hear it or see it anymore.

Now this is probably the one that bothers me the most besides the feeling of being insane. Seeing things, it happens all the time even in broad daylight. I'll be sitting their and I feel like i'm being watched and I'll look up only to see shadowy figures flickering out of my view as if they were running and trying to hide, around my house I see this woman in a white laced dress, most of the time she will appear in the reflection of my tv or a window or the mirrror. Somtimes I will be in the shower and I can feel her watching me trying to scare me, sometimes i'll see her face to face, especially in the hallway of my house, i feel like someones breathing down my kneck when I walk through the hallway so one day I stopped and turned around and their she was staring me straight in the face. Only once have I seen her outside of my house and that's when I was staying at a friends house in a different city and she sat up in the room me and him were sleeping in, she was sitting on his dresser kicking her legs back and forth letting them slam into the dresser, i could feel the vibrations hear the noise of her shoes hitting the dresser and see her, he said he didn't see or hear anything.

I could continue typing about the 1000's of things I see and hear, and feel. But i'm not going to bore you. I just don't want to end up in a nut house, I don't want people to think of me as a crazy person. I don't know whats wrong with me I just need some advice. If you want to anyting else about my unfortunate experiences I would be glad to share.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I feel I should clarify my moments of feeling insane, my description didn't do my experience justice. And I don't think I could even begin to describe how I feel when I get in that kind of mood, it's indescribable and the best way to describe would probably be just one word "INSANE".

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

I dont mean any offense by this, but I think it would be good to talk to a psychiatrist. Some of what you describe could be symptoms of schizophrenia.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

I know, i researched it all night long last night, and it scares me #less, my aunt is in the nut house because of that mental illness. If I have it to I don't know if I could live with myself. No offense taken.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Just saw the title of the thread, haven't read your post yet, but my immediate response is to say YES, you are mentally ill, we all are, to a greater or lessor degree. Don't worry about it. Welcome to the club!

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Those who are mentally ill are usually unaware that they are mentally ill.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
yea i suffer from a hallucinatory condition. It affects my hearing, thinking, and seeing too. The only thing I can say is yea go see a psychologist, get on the medication and see if that will help.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

Well do not make yourself feel bad about it. It is not your fault. It is just a biological condition which you cannot control. If you find a good psychiatrist she can put you on the proper medicine to help you. It is really no different than having chronic arthritis or any other chronic condition, so dont let it define you as it is just an illness like any other.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thrilla Kid
Those who are mentally ill are usually unaware that they are mentally ill.

This my friend is my only shread of hope because I too have heard this.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
edit: Posted in the wrong thread....sorry.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Thrilla Kid]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
schitzophrenia is an option that might be happening to you, yes. Another possibility is that, somehow, you've been "opened", or have an extremely high sense of awareness.

It's all dependant, I guess, on what happens in the experiences.

I WOULD seek out the counseling first, but I've known quite lucid people in my life who have had some very strange experiences happen to them. They are otherwise "normal" and "healthy". Personally I think that sometimes there's things that are going on around us that we don't normally see or hear, and some people get opened up to them. When that happens, "normality" says that aint "normal", and they get labeled as crazy.

Anyhow... I do wish you luck with this. The experiences can be wild to say the least.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Don't take any medications that you don't really know what it is or what could do to you. Don't believe in the "experts", do your own research.

We all see, hear and feel things. It's not unnatural to see, hear and feel things that no one else does. It happens with everyone but most people simply discard those experiences because of fear of being rejected.

You are not crazier than anyone else, believe in yourself!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
Don't take any medications that you don't really know what it is or what could do to you. Don't believe in the "experts", do your own research.

We all see, hear and feel things. It's not unnatural to see, hear and feel things that no one else does. It happens with everyone but most people simply discard those experiences because of fear of being rejected.

You are not crazier than anyone else, believe in yourself!

Please dont listen to this as it is not true. It is unnatural to hear voices and see things that others do not. Healthy people dont generally see or hear things that are not there or that others do not.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thrilla Kid
edit: Posted in the wrong thread....sorry.

haha was going to say, did *I* just slip into something weird, myself?

Seriously though OP, the phrase of "mentally ill people don't realize they are" kind of thing IS true. The very fact that you're questioning and researching is a really good sign.

I'd say keep open to the possibility that it's so, but also keep open to the possibility that you're just like every one of us who also experiences strange things sometimes. It just happens.

Nothing crazy about it. There's a lot more in the world than what we can see and hear normally. Think about it this way, we can normally only see and hear within certain frequencies, but we know that more exist than just what we can see and hear. Just like some people are capable of hearing dog whistles (I can), and most people cannot, it's along those same lines.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

Please dont listen to this as it is not true. It is unnatural to hear voices and see things that others do not. Healthy people dont generally see or hear things that are not there or that others do not.

As I said above, there's more to things than what we "normally" see and hear. Ultraviolet, infrared, etc light is not normally seen, but some people, for whatever reason, have been born with eyes that can see into those frequencies somewhat.

Same with hearing. I, personally, can hear dog whistles. Can you? Is that unhealthy that i can?

I advocate that he does seek professional advice as to what he's going through, but blanketing anyone who is a little "different" than genetically "normal" as unhealthy just ain't right lol

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
OK, I just read your post, and your mental illness and that's all it is, has nothing to do really with WHO you are or anything, it's just an illness, is real. You are brave for sharing. In and of itself that shows that there is much hope that you will make it through this and that it will eventually burn itself out under the scope of simple awareness and truth and honesty.

There are three things I would like to suggest in all sincerity - as you may be able to overcome this thing without the use of drugs.

One - Get, read and practice "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle

Two - Download and use, as a daily meditation, or natural, threshold of awareness raising phenomenon (medication), the Binaural Beat Brainwave Entrainment track, Bach To The Future (don't use the other one called Compassion Meditation). Use it daily - start with just the first or second song (don't let the background "hum" bother you). Read throug the thread on it for all the information, but what it does is synchronize the left and right hemispheres of your brain, while surfacing and INTEGRATING unconscious material. At the very least, this will begin to alter your brain structure - greater left/right communication, between your logic and empahtic brain halves - which I firmly believe will cause these things to become fully distinguished and integrated. You will notice dramatic improvement doing this, in about one month's time.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Three - Prayer. Pray to God of the HIGHEST or MOST HIGH God of the universe, light of life, and universal consciousness awareness (ie: God of perfect mental health in other words) to restore you COMPLETELY to sanity. Especially pray before going to bed at night, and then first thing in the morning to help you through the day, and don't forget to give thanks for the positive changes you'll experience as a result.

And finally - stick with it, what I am recommending here. It will work, trust me on this, please? Thanks.

You're going to be just fine, and this thing will pass away, burn itself out, that's what I'm predicting.

Best Regards,

Rob

[edit on 27-7-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Thrilla Kid

And if I maybe so polite don't go see a psychologist becacause the root word in that definiton is PSYCHO.

You like many are probably picking up different planes of existance not just this one, so if anybody here thinks they want to play doctor be careful because you maybe the next one in a straighjacket, for perception and awareness are unique to individualism, if you are experiencing outside the normal content of reality, wonderful, that box that is so closed by the mind, can be logical and rational, but what happens when the unknown makes itself to the knowable to sane.

QUESTION WHAT IS SANE:

Free from derangement, a logical approach to situations and good judgement.

Well what if the opposite is true and the only good judgement is a choice made to experience eternity, in a different light.

I think your awareness is starting to make your central nervous system shake and make you aware that we are not three dimensional beings but multidimensional beings existing outside our bodies to.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It may be some type of seizure? idk I would think a journal of any other things you may notice, such as any other symptoms like headaches vertigo etc. Could be related to foods etc.

You might have figured these things out by now anyway. I've been on a self imposed restricted diet because of my disability. Supposedly, having been diagnosed as schizoaffective and dissociative disorders. I've had missing time and other bizarre memories also. Many which seem delusional, but oddly enough, there's also been others around me who also experienced missing time. More delusions maybe.

You might think about something like a functional MRI etc. to be sure. I've had bloodwork done, but apparently didn't show any allergies.

Look into diets for autism, aspergers and schizophrenia. Certain spices and foods, such as sugars, especially corn syrup may be related also. Headaches and migraines might be a strong clue. Check out excitotoxins and salicylates.

I noticed awhile ago that a half teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water treated my migraine in 20 minutes. Maybe it's acidosis also. idk

What's insane is not trying to treat it and instead making it worse as if some supernatural gift.

Even gifted psychic people can still go insane, rather than just be labeled that way.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
NO , you are NOT crazy!!!

You are being haunted dude! OmG! (That is if what you say is true!)

Do NOT go to a Psychiatrist they will drug you up hard core and then you might actually GO crazy!

This is a ghost!!

I have encounted a ghost one time before, and it floated up to a window next to me (way above the ground) and knocked. I felt the vibrations. It was real dude.

Your writing is very good and your explanation is very clear, your sane I can tell. Your being haunted!

Seek out a exorcist or something instead. Try that first. At least he won't drug you up and throw a straight jacket on you!!!

And if the exorcists work, sweet!

Otherwise, CONFRONT the ghost and challenge it. No more scared time if its stalking you. Face it and demand answers, and then demand it to leave.

Call on God or whatever you believe in.

Ghosts are real ! Ive seen one too! Only once but it was so real, it can actually touch physical objects!

You are NOT CRAZY!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Healthy people dont generally see or hear things that are not there or that others do not.

People that see ghosts are not "healthy"?

Uniceft17:

There are many things, from my point of view, that you could have.

In science everything uncommon is a syndrome or a disorder. They make it sound bad and when sometimes it's not.

Research more of what you could have.

Jomina is right, some see things that many do not.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by danielsil18]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join