It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you sacrifice the first fruit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I've always interpreted this to mean you should sacrifice the first fruit or vegetable from your garden, so this year, I went to sacrifice our strawberry.

I wasn't quite sure how I should sacrifice the strawberry, so I berried...I mean.. buried it.

Anyone know the proper sacrifice technique?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Udontknowme

To sacrifice the firstfruits in the Jewish sense is to take the first gatherings of your late spring harvest and burn it on an altar for God. This is done for the feast of unleavened bread in early spring and the feast of Pentacost in late spring. Pentacost is also known as the Feast of firstfruits.

Christian meanings for the firstfruits are spiritual in nature. Jesus died on Passover, was resurrected 3 days and 3 nights later in the middle of the feast of unleavened bread. About 40 days later, around the time of Pentacost, Jesus was raised up into heaven. Thus, Jesus became the firstfruit of all God's children. The feast of firstfruits (pentacost) symbolizes the ascended Christ as God's firstfruits and the future resurrection and rapture of God's children as the firstfruits of Christ. This also shows that there will be more than one resurrection. The resurrection of the firstfruits just as the firstfruits of the harvest were sacrificed and the general resurrection, or resurrection of Judgement which symbolize the general harvests. God's holy days revolved around the harvest season from early spring to autumn (March/april - Sept/Oct.). If you are a christian, read Acts chapter 2. It explains the day of Pentacost and the Church beginning on this very day in 31 AD.

If you are Jewish, firstfruits happens on the Holy Days. You shouldn't burden yourself beyond that. You can, however, tithe 1/10 of your harvest on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis. I am a Judeo-christian so my firstfruit sacrifice is Jesus Christ and I, myself will be a firstfruit of Christ when He returns. Hope this helped. I'm sorry if it confused you. I can get into greater detail if you would like but it's your call. God bless you.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
sacrificing your "firstfruits" can also mean giving your best to god by way of obedience and service to god. when you add jesus' command to preach, this makes more sense.

join