It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange pics taken outside my house...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

Originally posted by gordon31
i live near edinburgh and u can see it everynight....its venus...u can tell by the hieght in the sky, i watch it every night pass through sky, it moves really slowly, what direction are you facing?

my window faces south ..venus usally comes into view from left(east) around 10 ish and takes a few hours to pass by window from where i sit, can see it for hrs if i goto other side of room.i think thats what u seen

[edit on 28-7-2009 by gordon31]

Venus is well placed for observation most of the year. As 2009 begins, Venus is a brilliant "evening star" visible for a couple of hours after sunset. Inferior conjunction, when it is on the near side of the Sun relative to the Earth, is on March 27. Venus then becomes a "morning star" for the rest of the year. The planet can be seen in the daytime sky with the naked eye if one knows where to look for it, especially around the times of greatest brilliancy and greatest elongation. Try following the planet before sunrise when it is in the morning sky and keep an eye on it until after sunrise.

From Space.com.... so whatever it is you are viewing in the evening, it isn't Venus..

well whatever it is there every night...i'll take some pics later but i dont have a very good cam...they would be identical to pics in first post tho
[edit on 28-7-2009 by FireMoon]

[edit on 28-7-2009 by gordon31]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

If it was moving side to side we can rule some things out
star
plane
iss
satellite

What does that leave?

Thanks for sharing this Shauny.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Clearing up any confusion about the Planets. Venus is currently a Morning planet, relatively high up in the EAST just as the Sun rises.
But the planet everyone is seeing in the South at Midnight and moving East-West across the night is Jupiter.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldier8828
again y are people on this site if they are going to do nothign but try and debunk this guys thread???
if you saw it move the way you said it did than i believe you, and is an excellent pic....

I'm sorry, but I don't automatically trust what I read without corroborating evidence, whether it be on an alternative news forum or the mainsteam media.

If I did believe everything I read without corroborating evidence, couldn't someone then accuse me of being a "sheeple".

[edit on 7/28/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I find it suspect that in the picture were it is seen moving we no longer see the building for reference.
On the other hand, you appear to live in a city, and stars don’t usually get that bright in the cities due to light interference.

I would like to believe this one, but I’ve seen too many hoaxes to take anyone in the paranormal community purely at their word.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
Hi all.

Took a couple of pics tonight, very strange.

Here is a part of exif:

ExifVersion> 0220
Make> FUJIFILM
Model> FinePix S1000fd
FlashpixVersion> 0100
ColorSpace> 1
CompressedBitsPerPix>40/10
PixelXDimension> 1048
PixelYDimension> 786
DateTimeOriginal> 2009-07-15 T04:03:25
DateTimeDigitized> 2009-07-15 T04:03:25
ExposureTime> 10/40
FNumber> 290/100
ExposureProgram> 2
ISOSpeedRatings> 800
ShutterSpeedValue> 200/100
ApertureValue> 307/100
BrightnessValue> 500/100
ExposureBiasValue> 0/100
MaxApertureValue> 297/100
MeteringMode> 5
LightSource> 0
Flash Fired> False
FocalLength> 69/10

The date shown is 15th. But you say you took it today.
Anyway, assuming that the date was set wrong in the camera, my guess is that its a plane with landing lights on or a heli searching something. More chances of being latter, seeing the description of the movements by OP.

[edit on 28/7/2009 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
...all i have is 2 pics... it was all in a matter of 1 or 2 mins, seen it, got camera, 2 pics, then gone

Anyone ?

1. Over houses, as i 1st seen it as a white glow - img521.imageshack.us...
2. Moving, couldnt keep up, best i could do - img291.imageshack.us...

OP...

You may be a bit confused as to the timing of each photo. According to the EXIF data, the one that you listed as being taken when you "first seen it as a white glow" was actually taken 17 seconds after the second picture (the one where you said it was moving.)

Photo 1 (img521...) taken 04:03:25
Photo 2 (img291...) taken 04:03:08

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldier8828
again y are people on this site if they are going to do nothign but try and debunk this guys thread???

I believe that we are now, and in the past, been visited be beings from another planet and/or dimension. There has been enough convincing, well documented evidence to convince me of this.

With that said, I do not believe everything I am told. People lie about UFOs all the time for many different reasons; for money, attention, because they like to have a good laugh at the expense of us believers, or simply because they have a mental illness, are compulsive liars and can’t really help it.

Hoaxes discredit the whole UFO community; fifty years ago UFO sightings and even abductions were taken seriously, and given scientific credibility (which they still are in most other countries). But attentions seekers and hoaxers have made what should be a scientific examination for the truth into the joke of the century.

The people who pick apart and examine are the ones trying to keep this community honest. The people who believe without question only help to bring this community down and keep it all a joke in the publics eyes.

So in short; there are those of us trying to seek out the truth through all the lies, and those who are too trusting and see truth everywhere. Kind of like Obama voters. (sorry, just trying to lighten the mood)

[edit on 28-7-2009 by NRA4ever333]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join