It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange pics taken outside my house...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hi all.

Took a couple of pics tonight, very strange.
Looked out my livingroom window, and in the distance was a small white light, not where a light would usualy be..

Then, it started moving, very fast, in a very small area, i did my best to get the camera to keep track and keep up, then it just vanished. like a light going out.

all i have is 2 pics... it was all in a matter of 1 or 2 mins, seen it, got camera, 2 pics, then gone

Anyone ?

1. Over houses, as i 1st seen it as a white glow - img521.imageshack.us...
2. Moving, couldnt keep up, best i could do - img291.imageshack.us...

i have the full size images if anyone wants them

Ta
Shaun

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm doubtful it's moving.

It looks more like your camera was moving whilst taking a longish exposure.

Nice try though.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I'm doubtful it's moving.

It looks more like your camera was moving whilst taking a longish exposure.

Nice try though.

Can you replicate that movement, cleanly? Should be pretty easy to do? The relative sharpness of the actual track looks like a time exposure of a star on a tripod camera far more than a hand held camera. Or it could just be what the person claims it is, a short exposure of an object moving pretty quick..

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
look, im not "at it here"

the camera was still...

i tried my best to keep it still.

it is what we decide it is.

whatever that is.

The "nice try" comment just makes people less enclined to post strange pictures they have, if indeed you ment it as i read it. if not, im sorry.

as i say, they are what they are.. i think the moving one has a slight reflection on the window as well.

i "100% SEEN THAT MOVE, LIKE THAT, WITH MY OWN EYES"

take it or leave it people.
check previous posts, i try not to post crappyness

S

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

A long exposure shot of a star would move in a steady manner, it would also take several minutes to see any kind of movements.

As for replicating it exactly? no I can't but I have seen enough of these types of shots to know that it is a long exposure shot of a fixed (or very slow moving) light.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Can you tell us your approximate location, direction you saw the light and the exact time?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Can you give any details of the camera used and the length of exposure of the shot?

To me as it stands, not knowing those details, it means can;t really make any snap (sic) assessment. Like i say, I'm inclined to believe you as the motion blur is very clean and the arc of the 34/4 circle looks far too consistent to be camera shake when you add it to the rest of the movement. I'd be interested to see someone replicate that * clarity* by simply moving the camera lens..

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
# Camera Make = FUJIFILM
# Camera Model = FinePix S1000fd
Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 10/40 second ===> 1/4 second ===> 0.25 second

[edit on 27/7/2009 by PsykoOps]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

A long exposure shot of a star would move in a steady manner, it would also take several minutes to see any kind of movements.

As for replicating it exactly? no I can't but I have seen enough of these types of shots to know that it is a long exposure shot of a fixed (or very slow moving) light.

The point i was making about a tripod exposure of a star in nothing to do with the time, but the clarity of the shot. Motion blur is exactly that, blur, that, to my eyes, does not look blurred, but more like that of a time lapse shot. Or alternatively, something moving pretty damn quick in a short exposure. The motion track on that pic, pretty much, tracks exactly within the shape of the apparent object...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Looks exactly like motion blur due to handheld shot with long exposure. Could be ISS?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Yeah I get where you're coming from, something else to note is the ISO.

According to the exif data the ISO is 800, so it's going to let in more information which should make the light that we're seeing clearer.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
img.villagephotos.com...

I've uploaded a blow up of just the object's track... I looks remarkably clean to me to be an artifact of camera shake? Rather more the actual movement of the object? The arcs of the 2 separate curves the object apparently makes, seem way too smooth to me ,to be *pure chance*..?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The first pic looks like an airplane with lights flashing, the second looks like you tripped while taking the picture, but when you zoomed in on the second one, it looks really weird. Nice pics though

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
varied opinions here.

Its a wierd one.
i stood at my window with a coffee (Facing west, and im in Edinburgh Scotland)
i saw a bright light, just above the houses in picture number 1.

It started moving, very fast, from side to side, i screamed "give me my camera to the wife" she handed it to me, i took the 1st pic, as it had stopped, then it started moving again.

From what i seen it was similar to a bacteria moving if you could zoom in.
Very fast, work like, all kinda in the same spot.

its very frustrating when you see something, you know you seen it, and when you post it, people say "No"

i could have posted a UFO in my front garden, and people would have said "no"

its what i seen, and i got it moving, on camera.

Shutter speeds, tripods < no, i just turned the camera on, and tool the only 2 pics i could, then it just wasnt there. it was like a light going off.

as i say, i was facing west, from Edinburgh Scotland, and it was about 10:30ish pm on Monday 27th July

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
img.villagephotos.com...

I've uploaded a blow up of just the object's track... I looks remarkably clean to me to be an artifact of camera shake? Rather more the actual movement of the object? The arcs of the 2 separate curves the object apparently makes, seem way too smooth to me ,to be *pure chance*..?

THAT ^^^
Is what i seen, it was like a squirming worm, or a moving bacteria, in the sky.

speechless still

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
again y are people on this site if they are going to do nothign but try and debunk this guys thread???

if you saw it move the way you said it did than i believe you, and is an excellent pic....

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by soldier8828
again y are people on this site if they are going to do nothign but try and debunk this guys thread???

if you saw it move the way you said it did than i believe you, and is an excellent pic....

Happens a lot.

no matter the picture, no matter the thread, no matter the evidence, its never good enough.

what is classed as "Good enough" ?

its what i say, and i stand by it

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
i live near edinburgh and u can see it everynight....its venus...u can tell by the hieght in the sky, i watch it every night pass through sky, it moves really slowly, what direction are you facing?

my window faces south ..venus usally comes into view from left(east) around 10 ish and takes a few hours to pass by window from where i sit, can see it for hrs if i goto other side of room.i think thats what u seen

[edit on 28-7-2009 by gordon31]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordon31
i live near edinburgh and u can see it everynight....its venus...u can tell by the hieght in the sky, i watch it every night pass through sky, it moves really slowly, what direction are you facing?

my window faces south ..venus usally comes into view from left(east) around 10 ish and takes a few hours to pass by window from where i sit, can see it for hrs if i goto other side of room.i think thats what u seen

[edit on 28-7-2009 by gordon31]

Venus is well placed for observation most of the year. As 2009 begins, Venus is a brilliant "evening star" visible for a couple of hours after sunset. Inferior conjunction, when it is on the near side of the Sun relative to the Earth, is on March 27. Venus then becomes a "morning star" for the rest of the year. The planet can be seen in the daytime sky with the naked eye if one knows where to look for it, especially around the times of greatest brilliancy and greatest elongation. Try following the planet before sunrise when it is in the morning sky and keep an eye on it until after sunrise.

From Space.com.... so whatever it is you are viewing in the evening, it isn't Venus..

[edit on 28-7-2009 by FireMoon]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

i concur...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join